Reload this Page >

Any sailors out there?

Any sailors out there?

Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Andy.K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any sailors out there?

Hi,
I've taken a small Laser 2 down to our house and I'm hoping to get in some sailing and kite surfing on lake Balaton. I am aware of the two kite surfing beaches, but unsure of the etiquette on the lake. Is a permit required or some sort of licence? Where are the launch slips? Do I have to join a club and use there facilities? Insurance?
Any info will be gratefully received.
Regards Andy
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any sailors out there?

I know an Austrian chap who lives at Balatonmáriafürdő and has a sailing boat on the lake. I'm sure he would be happy to advise you so if you send me a PM with your email address I will pass it on. He has quite a big boat so he struggles with the currently low water levels in the marinas.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 8:20 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy.K
Hi,
I've taken a small Laser 2 down to our house and I'm hoping to get in some sailing and kite surfing on lake Balaton. I am aware of the two kite surfing beaches, but unsure of the etiquette on the lake. Is a permit required or some sort of licence? Where are the launch slips? Do I have to join a club and use there facilities? Insurance?
Any info will be gratefully received.
Regards Andy
I have some links somewhere - will look them out this afternoon and post them for you.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 1:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

This provides links to most of the sailing clubs and marinas on the lake. The majority of them will have at least one English speaking employee so worth giving them a call should you have any questions. Not sure about the size of your boat but for reference - the North side of the lake is deeper than the South.