Airport buses

Old Dec 12th 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airport buses

This is a general query about flying to Hungary and onward travel from the airport. Do airports have a shuttle bus service to a nearby town or city where you can then get buses to other parts of the country? I ask this after having some bad experiences in Bulgaria. There, if you don't have a car you generally have to get a taxi to and from the airport as there are no buses to the airports (findings based on 3 airports I've used). Many of the taxi drivers at the airports will rip you off, so it can be a nerve wracking exercise!
Old Dec 12th 2010, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Airport buses

Hi Fidobsa

Not sure if this helps but I found a link you might find useful:

http://budapest.airport-shuttle.com/

I know there used to be a bus service from the airport into town as I had to use it once to get to the railway station. This happened about 10 years ago though and I have no idea if they still have a regular bus service and if so, where it would take you. However, the above link might solve your problem.

Hope you'll find a solution.

Regards,

Ria
Old Dec 12th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ria, 27 Euros from Budapest airport to Budapest city. According to Multimap it's about 13 miles. I suppose if we were talking about London rather than Hungary that would seem quite reasonable.....
Old Dec 12th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough

Yes, quite dear but if 4 of you are going, it's not too bad, is it? 7 quid each is very reasonable.

Sorry, I just ran a quick search to see what's about and thought I'd send you the link.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 3:29 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi fidobsa, no shuttle buses that I know of but I know there is a way using the bus, will ask the other half about that later as he has done it.

The taxis aren't too expensive, especially if more than one of you are travelling. As in Bulgaria, only use the official taxi firm, there is a small kiosk outside of arrivals and you get a ticket from them which states the price, you then take that to the taxi driver and pay him/her the fare. It costs about 3000ft to the bus station and 4,500ft to the train station and town centre.

Hope this helps.