Reload this Page >

2 new brits in lake balaton

2 new brits in lake balaton

Old Nov 5th 2010, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

mrfox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 new brits in lake balaton

hello folks
both myself and partner have just arrived in lake balaton at balatonalmaldi. we are in real need of sorting a studio/flat to rent for the next couple of months in the area as we are looking to buy in the near future. we are finding the language barrier a real problem and would really appreciate a recomended interpreter, we've noticed that there seems to be regular get-togethers and would be gratefull if it was possible for us to pop along, also any advice given regarding renting & buying would be a real help. look forward to hearing from anyone soon, bye for now.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

riahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the roughriahun is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2 new brits in lake balaton

Hi Mr Fox

Welcome to the Hungarian Sea.

We only just arrived 2 months ago as well, myself being Hungarian and partner English.

Unfortunately we are a bit far from you (Balatonfenyves) so can't help you in person but if I can help you through emails or phone, let me know. I know the language is a real problem, my partner and in-laws are going through it too. It will get better though.

Regards,

Ria
Old Nov 6th 2010, 2:02 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mr Fox and welcome to BE and the Hungarian forum
If you haven't done so already, you might like to visit the Welcome Inn for lots of useful information on using the site.
If you need any assistance, there are always moderators and concierges about who are more than happy to help, I am the concierge for the Hungarian forum and you can contact me here

If there is anyway that I can help you, just let me know. Are you looking to rent in a specific area?

The next meeting is this coming Tuesday in the Campari bar, Gyenesdiás.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks riahun, we have managed to source an interpreter today so thats a start, Hungarian lessons next! Thanks for the offer of help, may well take you up on that, Do you and your partner attend the get-togethers in Gyenesdias? We will be going on tues, maybe see you there? Enjoy the weekend,Bye for now
mrfox
Originally Posted by riahun
Hi Mr Fox

Welcome to the Hungarian Sea.

We only just arrived 2 months ago as well, myself being Hungarian and partner English.

Unfortunately we are a bit far from you (Balatonfenyves) so can't help you in person but if I can help you through emails or phone, let me know. I know the language is a real problem, my partner and in-laws are going through it too. It will get better though.

Regards,

Ria
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the info and offer of help, we are looking to rent in the Balatonalmadi area and sourced an interpreter today, she is helping with the accommodation etc so things are looking up! Will definitely attend the meet on Tues, what time should we aim for? Will check out the Welcome Inn, Thanks again, enjoy the weekend
mrfox
Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Hi Mr Fox and welcome to BE and the Hungarian forum
If you haven't done so already, you might like to visit the Welcome Inn for lots of useful information on using the site.
If you need any assistance, there are always moderators and concierges about who are more than happy to help, I am the concierge for the Hungarian forum and you can contact me here

If there is anyway that I can help you, just let me know. Are you looking to rent in a specific area?

The next meeting is this coming Tuesday in the Campari bar, Gyenesdiás.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Welcome to the forum We too have just bought a place in Balatonbereny
will be out in 2 weeks to sign for completion. I do speak Hungarian husband English. My offer is if we can be of any help whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact us as we have been down the same road as you not so long ago regarding property hunting.
I do have quite a bit knowledge about the areas as my parents lived there.
I can most definatley recommend a brilliant estate agent Tamas Mozorthy from Balatoniingatlan he speaks perfect english and is extreamly helpful his number is 0036 83318026 hope this helps.

Carol
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Hi Carol thanks for the recommendation and support, we have struggled to find english speaking estate agents and having a contact is really usefull, thanks, hope you have a smooth transition re:-completion, we drove to balatonbereny a couple of days ago and were quite taken with it, its a really nice area. Are you planning to move here on a perminant basis? Will no doubt be in touch soon for some advise, bye for now mrfox
Originally Posted by klarika
Hi,
Welcome to the forum We too have just bought a place in Balatonbereny
will be out in 2 weeks to sign for completion. I do speak Hungarian husband English. My offer is if we can be of any help whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact us as we have been down the same road as you not so long ago regarding property hunting.
I do have quite a bit knowledge about the areas as my parents lived there.
I can most definatley recommend a brilliant estate agent Tamas Mozorthy from Balatoniingatlan he speaks perfect english and is extreamly helpful his number is 0036 83318026 hope this helps.

Carol
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Yes please call anytime glad to be of help if I can. Yes we are planning to move over there before xmas, We are over next Monday for 1 week to sign for completion the whole process from purchasing to signing has only taken 3 weeks took us by suprise a bit but can´t wait.
Anyway keep in touch hope to meet soon
Carol
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:32 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol, yes it is amazing how quick it can be! Friends of ours viewed a house yesterday which they have decided to buy and the sale will be complete in two weeks.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

I know I dont know if I am coming or going at the moment must admit didnt expect it to be this quick. Alans still working he´s got it easy as I have to do all the packing haha

Carol
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:16 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Mr&Mrs Fox

Sent you a PM. Will also drop you an email in the hope that your internet is sorted out.