Go Back  British Expats > Partner Forums > HiFX - International Currency Transfers
Reload this Page >

Pound Vs. Euro - Opinions Anyone?

Pound Vs. Euro - Opinions Anyone?

Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Pound Vs. Euro - Opinions Anyone?

So, has the UK been smart and let the pound devalue early in this declining economic cycle to help their exports, thus leaving the rest of Europe with a high value German dominated currency?

Or, is this a ploy by the UK politicians to bring the pound to the level of the Euro to use this as an excuse for introducing the Euro to the UK?

Any opinions?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice
Default Re: Pound Vs. Euro - Opinions Anyone?

I just think that Sterling is undervalued at the moment and signs of recovery in the housing market and consumer confidence could see the rate move up... Looking online, mortgage approvals has moved up and although only slightly, since then the rate has moved in favour of the pound although just a

Will
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

MacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnh009
So, has the UK been smart and let the pound devalue early in this declining economic cycle to help their exports, thus leaving the rest of Europe with a high value German dominated currency?
German dominated currency?
Originally Posted by johnh009
is this a ploy by the UK politicians to bring the pound to the level of the Euro to use this as an excuse for introducing the Euro to the UK?
I doubt that very much, as much as I want it to happen I doubt it
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

greghal is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we will see the rate move towards 1.20, however maybe not until the end of the year, and alot can happen between now and then