Go Back  British Expats > Partner Forums > HiFX - International Currency Transfers
Reload this Page >

HiFX Launches Online International Money Transfers

HiFX Launches Online International Money Transfers

Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Windsor2 will become famous soon enoughWindsor2 will become famous soon enough
Post HiFX Launches Online International Money Transfers

Hi all,

Thought users of BE might be intersted to know that HiFX have just annouced the launch of HiFX Online International Money Transfers.

Convert up to £10,000 from anywhere in the world and benefit from:

· Discounted online exchange rates.

· Live prices (the rate you see is the rate you get).

· Debit and credit card facilities.

· No hidden charges.

· Fast and highly secure international money transfers.

· Covers all the major currencies (Euro, US Dollar, Australian Dollar , New Zealand Dollar, Canadian Dollar).

Whether you’re paying a bill overseas, topping up a bank account abroad or sending money to family and friends around the globe, HiFX Online makes international money transfers fast, easy and highly secure giving you complete peace of mind.

For more information visit our website.

Best Regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX
Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HiFX Launches Online International Money Transfers

Originally Posted by Windsor2
Hi all,

Thought users of BE might be intersted to know that HiFX have just annouced the launch of HiFX Online International Money Transfers.

· No hidden charges.

· Covers all the major currencies (Euro, US Dollar, Australian Dollar , New Zealand Dollar, Canadian Dollar).

Whether you’re paying a bill overseas, topping up a bank account abroad or sending money to family and friends around the globe, HiFX Online makes international money transfers fast, easy and highly secure giving you complete peace of mind.

Best Regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX
Hi Mark

I have been trying to setup an account with you but honestly it's been like a nightmare. I need an account where I can do some basic transacyiom of sending money to UK and vice versa.
Any useful links please?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Auckland1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Syedney,

Thanks for the message - I'll drop you a private email to answer you questions.

Regards,

Nathan Cheeseman
Head of Private Client Services - HiFX
Old Mar 31st 2009, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

10661 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: HiFX Launches Online International Money Transfers

Hi Mark

I'm about to get back into Forex trading and would like to know if your bank opens multi currency accounts. Whilst all my trading profits are US$ based, I would like to convert US$ to other currencies depending upon my perspective of which currencies will strengthen. If you do, kindly advise me on interest paid, your costs and commissions on currency conversions.

Regards

M S

Hi all,

· No hidden charges.

Best Regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:43 am
Nemesis

bellinge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

· No hidden charges.

Best Regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX
Hi
can transfer money out of India to anywhere?
thnx Chris
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm afraid we do not set up multi currency accounts for people so can't help you on that one.

Mark
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bellinge

yes we can help you.

Give us a call.

Mark
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

Just visited the hifx site. It claims there are no commissions, sending fees, receiving fees, or transaction fees of any kind. They profit from the spread. Finotec works the same way, and I suspect this this pricing structure is best for transfering relatively small amounts of money overseas (as opposed to trading in pairs on a margin).

So the question is, how can we compare hifx to finotec? Do we have to sign up at both sites, and actually go through the motions of a trade to see which broker has tighter spreads?

Which brings up another question. Is it really the spread we care about? I'm thinking no, it's really the ask. Consider this hypothetical case:

broker A (usd/eur): bid=1.34 ask=1.35
broker B (usd/eur): bid=1.33 ask=1.36

Broker A has a tighter spread, but USDs would cost less from broker B, correct?

Last edited by jgombos; Apr 4th 2009 at 10:23 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Post Re: HiFX Launches Online International Money Transfers

You're right unless you sign up to both services and they both offer live feeds it is very difficult to do a comparison.

When moving money, costs fall into two simple categories: fees and the exchange rate. It’s crucial to check both out.

• Fees. The obvious charge. A multitude of fees, charges or commission can apply, both for the sender and the recipient. Many providers levy lots of small charges to disguise exactly how much it costs.

• Exchange rates. The hidden charge. Many companies claim to be ‘commission free’ then load the exchange rate so you get less buck for your pound. Worse still, it’s often teeth-pullingly difficult to get hold of the exact rate and compare it, as some providers simply don’t provide the data.

The minefield of complications actually boils down to a very simple question… “How many Euros/Yen/Dollars will I get for my pounds/aussie dollars etc, after all charges?”

Mark Bodega
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

leave_n_on_a_Jet is an unknown quantity at this point

Word from my broker is BUY GB Sell Australian, I exchanged My Barrow load of cash back into Sterling. @2.0612 (using HIFX)

Not intended as

J
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Not intended as trading advice
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

Originally Posted by leave_n_on_a_Jet
Not intended as trading advice
Too late! I already took a loan out against my house for a 1/200 margin, so everything I own along with what I don't own is riding on this. You better be right!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jgombos
Too late! I already took a loan out against my house for a 1/200 margin, so everything I own along with what I don't own is riding on this. You better be right!

I bought a load (aud) on FX as well. also sold Euro's (94)
Bought a few cheap shares in yellow pages at 14p & rbs at 18p
sit on the shares for a few years, (bought them for My children)

J
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

· No hidden charges.

Best Regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX
Sounds very good indeed. We're relocating to Calgary soon, so could you PM me with some links to send money from UK to Canada and GOOD exchange rates please, as I'm actively looking for quotes at the moment.

Thanks

Yogi