Go Back  British Expats > Partner Forums > HiFX - International Currency Transfers
Reload this Page >

Going home and savings accounts...

Going home and savings accounts...

Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:34 am
Just Joined

methuselah will become famous soon enough
Default Going home and savings accounts...

Dunno if this is the right place for this thread - however - we are returning permanently to the UK and would like to take advantage of the exchange rates by sending some money to the UK in advance - hopefully in an online saver. We already have UK bank accounts but get appalling interest on their savings account. So can we open an online saver in the UK if we are still in Oz? And we are not prepared to pay tax in both countries on the interest - that is very unfair & greedy - I don't care if the UK account is taxed at source but I don;t want to pay another chunk of it to the Oz government which is already greedy in the extreme. (One of the reasons we won't be staying). What's best to do please?