Go Back  British Expats > Partner Forums > HiFX - International Currency Transfers
Reload this Page >

anyone making regular money transfers to UK

anyone making regular money transfers to UK

Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

snakebite will become famous soon enoughsnakebite will become famous soon enough
Default anyone making regular money transfers to UK

Hi all

We need to send a regular amount of money back to the UK each month for various things, and I had assumed that the likes of HiFX do this. So we called them this morning and the dealer said that you can only make reg payments from the UK to Canada!
He was quite insistent, but I'm sure that's not right.
Does anyone do this?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

snakebite will become famous soon enoughsnakebite will become famous soon enough
Default Re: anyone making regular money transfers to UK

no-one?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snakebite
Hi all

We need to send a regular amount of money back to the UK each month for various things, and I had assumed that the likes of HiFX do this. So we called them this morning and the dealer said that you can only make reg payments from the UK to Canada!
He was quite insistent, but I'm sure that's not right.
Does anyone do this?
We kept a bank account opened in the UK (with the Halifax) and have a small UK pension deposited to it monthly; we use that for paying an insurance policy we kept and any other odds and ends. I can't remember which bank do it but I think either Nationwide or HSBC allow you to open an international acct and pay in from other countries - there may be something in the Wiki?

TG
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

HSBC will allow this service with online banking!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Jody HiFX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Snakebite,

Thank you for your message. I actually work for HiFX in our San Francisco office, previoulsy in our UK office. If you can please contact me direct by e-mail or phone below I will resolve this. HiFX are able to make regular currency transactions, not just specific UK - Canada transactions.

Regards

Jody

Jody Cracknell

Business Development Manager

HiFX Inc.

250 Montgomery Street, Suite 910

San Francisco, CA 94104

Phone: +1 (415) 678-2770

Toll Free: 1 (877) 999-4439

Fax: +1 (415) 773-1822

Mobile: +1 (415) 728-1381

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.hifx.com/personal.aspx

Auckland London Marbella San Francisco Sydney Toronto Windsor

The details expressed in this transmission and accompanying documents are for information purposes only and are not intended as a solicitation for funds or a recommendation to trade. HIFX Risk Management Inc accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages suffered through any act or omission taken as a result of reading or interpreting any of the above information.