Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Who Would Have Believed It?

Who Would Have Believed It?

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

sandyscot is a jewel in the roughsandyscot is a jewel in the roughsandyscot is a jewel in the roughsandyscot is a jewel in the rough
Default Who Would Have Believed It?

I find it hard to believe all these news reports about the Commonwealth Games. Ih has been suggetsed that there is corruption in India and that sub standard building materials have been used. It seems incredible. Next they will be suggesting that the Goan policiticians are crooked next.

Did anyone actually expect anything else? Whose bright idea was it to hold the games in India in the first place?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice
Default Re: Who Would Have Believed It?

Originally Posted by sandyscot
I find it hard to believe all these news reports about the Commonwealth Games. Ih has been suggetsed that there is corruption in India and that sub standard building materials have been used. It seems incredible. Next they will be suggesting that the Goan policiticians are crooked next.

Did anyone actually expect anything else? Whose bright idea was it to hold the games in India in the first place?
Hahahahaha
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

jagger is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandy surely u cant be suggesting this would happen in a country with its own space programme whatever next u will be sayingthe police are corrupt.
Oh and if u want any cheap fags i can get then fron a policeman who aquires then from the customs at Dabolim airport lol
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:05 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

At present, lost for words that dont begin with "F". Just watched the News at Ten .....and it was clear that everyone, including the newsreaders were "mincing their words" to avoid saying what they really thought.

Lets face it, throw loads of money at a corrupt sh*thole of a country to finance an international event and then be surprised that most of it has gone in bribes and the physical results are collapsing rubbish structures.......well, its just what should have been expected.

Now got Newsnight on BBC2, a couple of imbeciles trying to say Pakistan is not totally corrupt, talking total gibberish and Paxman keeps sitting back with a "what am I doing here" look......

Same attitudes, same corruption, but Pakistan is fair game for a kicking. India however is protected from this, as the West constantly kisses its *rse.
Why? We give 0.8 billion pounds in aid and they throw more than that at a (unsuccessful in the extreme) space programme.

If India suffers the worldwide insult of removal of the "Biggest Egg & Spoon race of 2010", it will be everybody else on the planet's fault except theirs according to them. We have already heard statements that the rest of the Commonwealth has too high expectations regarding accommodation and that plastered walls and working plumbing and electrics are just a matter of cultural differences!The crap being spouted by their spokesman tonight defied belief, (and comprehension, it was like reading Churchill Alemao's stuff in the Herald), so watch out, because as a nation we have all learned they are nasty, petty, and most of all vindictive.............what sort of visa do you think you will get next time????????????????

Last edited by johnny five; Sep 22nd 2010 at 10:07 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really nice

Anyone who appoints someone called Sheila Dikshit really has made a rod for their own back
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:26 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vagatorian
Anyone who appoints someone called Sheila Dikshit really has made a rod for their own back
Thats Dr. Dikshit to you, that names so funny
Not that I am saying I did not believe you, but I had to google the name to make sure.

So its Australia or Sri Lanka for 2018, what you think it should be?

Last edited by kimilseung; Sep 22nd 2010 at 10:30 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:40 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Thats Dr. Dikshit to you, that names so funny
Not that I am saying I did not believe you, but I had to google the name to make sure.

So its Australia or Sri Lanka for 2018, what you think it should be?
Well, as Sri Lanka is widely reported recently to have become a fascist dictatorship, with a despotic leader determined to subjugate anyone who disagrees with the party line.......threats of mysterious deaths in custody forecast, suppression of the media, a burgeoning secret police force, bribes, corruption, xenophobia (sound familiar, Goa-philes?)

Or, Australia, a reasonably democratic, open society with half decent attitudes to human rights and common decency (apart from the lager obsession)........

NO CONTEST!

Book those tickets for Columbo well in advance, because......Asia is a market that the West in all its wisdom will pander to for at least the next decade.

Africa? Forgotten/abandonned
South America? Same......

Asia however, and India in particular, could p*ss in Cameron/Obama/Merkle/
Sarkozy (OK, its not all downhill, why did they elect an immoral immigrant as president?)..........oops, got diverted........could p*ss in their coffee and just get asked for a spoon to stir it, because?

They are a perceived market, even if that market has to be funded by so called "aid".......

And in the words(ish) of Shri Rudyard Kipling;

That, Oh Elephant Child, is why you will never own a property in India, or even have the most basic human rights as a foreigner, because you made the fundamental mistake of thinking anyone cared, beyond the next "trade deal"!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Well, as Sri Lanka is widely reported recently to have become a fascist dictatorship, with a despotic leader determined to subjugate anyone who disagrees with the party line.......threats of mysterious deaths in custody forecast, suppression of the media, a burgeoning secret police force, bribes, corruption, xenophobia (sound familiar, Goa-philes?)

Or, Australia, a reasonably democratic, open society with half decent attitudes to human rights and common decency (apart from the lager obsession)........

NO CONTEST!

Book those tickets for Columbo well in advance, because......Asia is a market that the West in all its wisdom will pander to for at least the next decade.

Africa? Forgotten/abandonned
South America? Same......

Asia however, and India in particular, could p*ss in Cameron/Obama/Merkle/
Sarkozy (OK, its not all downhill, why did they elect an immoral immigrant as president?)..........oops, got diverted........could p*ss in their coffee and just get asked for a spoon to stir it, because?

They are a perceived market, even if that market has to be funded by so called "aid".......

And in the words(ish) of Shri Rudyard Kipling;
Xenophobia: may be not, but apart from Australia there isn't much praise on this post for 'foreigners'
South America: several countries with fast growing economies will surely not be forgotten.
The Indian 'market' is largely funded by private enterprise, hopefully if this continues to succeed the government will be redundant.
As a side issue what turned that lovely young foreigner (Sonia who only wanted to marry her airline pilot) into this dreadful copy of her own mother-in-law.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:14 am
Banned

Xenophobia: may be not, but apart from Australia there isn't much praise on this post for 'foreigners'
Not sure what you mean Bipat?
No intention of praising foreigners on that post anyway........

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by johnny five
Not sure what you mean Bipat?
No intention of praising foreigners on that post anyway........

Xenophobia - 'deep-rooted antipathy towards foreigners'
its quite clear - J5 there are some members here who take every opportunity to refer to anything or anyone that is not British with some sort of derogatory comment or slur. Most active members on here apart from a few sensible ones post with racist undertones which are extremely personal.
a few examples of posts on this forum
- a you tube clip which is promoted by the BNP -
-a suggestion that every 'foreigner' in the UK is here illegally, came in on a lorry and only to claim benefits.
- poking fun at a Hindu surname (Grow up !!)
- reference to a black *** -

As a result of various posts and comments several members have left this forum and they were British.
Yes there are a lot of things that are negative about India and the Government is sadly corrupt but so is ours. Whilst India's attitude to the Commonwealth Games stinks, we are far behind on our own progress with the Olympic Stadium. Did you know that an entire floor in one of the buildings collapsed sending workers plummeting 6 floors down, and that several highly paid jobs within the 'upper tiers' have been given to family and friends of those in positions of power? Its happening here too -just in a more sophisticated manner.
We all have our complaints some of us more than others as we are stuck with the property fiasco in Goa and the difficulty with the visa rules etc -its a nightmare but we are all in it regardless of colour or creed.
But instead of having a ' constructive discussion' on this site, it appears that a forum to share comments and information on Goa has turned into little more than an attempt to ridicule all things foreign, poke some fun at 'the likes of them' and use derogatory comments.
If its that bad then why do you want to go anywhere overseas - Stay in the UK - thats where you are best off. This Government I am sure will accomodate you in the lifestyle that you want in the same way that they are helping us sort out the property problems (not !)
I don't expect an apology to members you have clearly offended such as Bipat. But save your backlash for someone who cares. And if the MODS delete this post - I rest my case !

Last edited by Mzee; Sep 23rd 2010 at 12:59 pm. Reason: addition
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:34 pm
Banned

moppy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mzee
Xenophobia - 'deep-rooted antipathy towards foreigners'
its quite clear - J5 there are some members here who take every opportunity to refer to anything or anyone that is not British with some sort of derogatory comment or slur. Most active members on here apart from a few sensible ones post with racist undertones which are extremely personal.
a few examples of posts on this forum
- a you tube clip which is promoted by the BNP -
-a suggestion that every 'foreigner' in the UK is here illegally, came in on a lorry and only to claim benefits.
- poking fun at a Hindu surname (Grow up !!)
- reference to a black *** -

As a result of various posts and comments several members have left this forum and they were British.
Yes there are a lot of things that are negative about India and the Government is sadly corrupt but so is ours. Whilst India's attitude to the Commonwealth Games stinks, we are far behind on our own progress with the Olympic Stadium. Did you know that an entire floor in one of the buildings collapsed sending workers plummeting 6 floors down, and that several highly paid jobs within the 'upper tiers' have been given to family and friends of those in positions of power? Its happening here too -just in a more sophisticated manner.
We all have our complaints some of us more than others as we are stuck with the property fiasco in Goa and the difficulty with the visa rules etc -its a nightmare but we are all in it regardless of colour or creed.
But instead of having a ' constructive discussion' on this site, it appears that a forum to share comments and information on Goa has turned into little more than an attempt to ridicule all things foreign, poke some fun at 'the likes of them' and use derogatory comments.
If its that bad then why do you want to go anywhere overseas - Stay in the UK - thats where you are best off. This Government I am sure will accomodate you in the lifestyle that you want in the same way that they are helping us sort out the property problems (not !)
I don't expect an apology to members you have clearly offended such as Bipat. But save your backlash for someone who cares.
I 100% agree with your comments above Mzee,the site has become a place to post racists remarks.The mods do nothing about this it is allowed to go on.
They prefer to remove posts for minor remarks such as calling these people SAD,but racism they condone There are also a few on here that gang up on individual members.
Why J5 even bothers to come on this site now he's out of India and back in the UK really baffles me, of what interest should Goa or India be to him now.?
We all bought in Goa because we loved the place. At the end of the day.Things have gone pear shaped but this is down to the Goan Government.
Lets see how long this post stays on before Mizy removes it
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moppy1
I 100% agree with your comments above Mzee,the site has become a place to post racists remarks.The mods do nothing about this it is allowed to go on.
They prefer to remove posts for minor remarks such as calling these people SAD,but racism they condone There are also a few on here that gang up on individual members.
Why J5 even bothers to come on this site now he's out of India and back in the UK really baffles me, of what interest should Goa or India be to him now.?
We all bought in Goa because we loved the place. At the end of the day.Things have gone pear shaped but this is down to the Goan Government.
Lets see how long this post stays on before Mizy removes it
thank you for your support moppy ! I have wanted to say my piece for a long time but held back because I knew there would be backlash but something had to be said this time as I know a lot of people have complained about this site
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Well said Mzee and Moppy 1, and thank you. I was beginning to think that I was alone in protesting.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:53 pm
Banned

Right.....
1) I know the meaning of xenophobia, I was confused by Bipat's reference to "this post".
2) My foreigner reference was to the English, using the term we are described by in Goa.
3) None of your examples Mzee were attributable to me, none whatsover, I try to be non-racist and check everything.
4) Describing India as a sh*thole is not racist, its descriptive
5) Describing India's ruling class as corrupt and dishonest is not racist, it is fact
6) If you can quote anything said by me that is genuinely racist I will apologise
7) Well well, Moppy1......at least I do not fall out with people on the forum and change my username in order to re-appear as someone else! Rest assured that when I feel an overwhelming need to justify or explain my prescence on this forum..........You will be the very first to know. Meanwhile unless it has suddenly become a pre-requisite to posting on this forum that you must be present in Goa, get off my back.

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:10 pm
Banned

moppy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well well, Moppy1......at least I do not fall out with people on the forum and change my username in order to re-appear as someone else! Rest assured that when I feel an overwhelming need to justify or explain my prescence on this forum..........You will be the very first to know. Meanwhile unless it has suddenly become a pre-requisite to posting on this forum that you must be present in Goa, get off my back.

Sorry J5 I don't get a chance to fall out with anyone my post keep getting removed as I'm not in with the in crowd on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.