What Do They Know?

Old Jul 31st 2011, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold
Default What Do They Know?

Reading through the different threads it seems apparent that people are still buying property in Goa. Why? What do they know that makes them believe this is a safe and secure investment? So much of this forum is devoted to very kindly advising ex-pats to rent and not buy, information shared by people that have learnt the hard way, I am amazed that this advice is not taken.
Just a view you understand, just a view.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:28 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Do They Know?

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Reading through the different threads it seems apparent that people are still buying property in Goa. Why? What do they know that makes them believe this is a safe and secure investment? So much of this forum is devoted to very kindly advising ex-pats to rent and not buy, information shared by people that have learnt the hard way, I am amazed that this advice is not taken.

Ah that old 'it won't happen to me thing' - heart over head - then let the stress begin !! There are always those who are open to be duped by a smooth talking slimeball in a bad fitting suit who buys them a watered down vodka and coke..... or whatever the slime line of the moment should be !
It's not just the Pacific ocean where the killer sharks live !

Dread - x
Old Jul 31st 2011, 11:22 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Its not what they know, its what they DON'T know..................

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

I was very keen to purchase in Goa and probably invest in a business as well, it was something I really wanted to do; however having voiced the idea on this forum the advice I received was so over whelmingly against making such an investment it made me do a complete about turn. It wasn't as if there was anybody saying 'yes go ahead but be careful' everybody was saying no no no! Thank you to all those people that responded and advised at the time, it certainly saved me money and heart ache - when I come over in January methinks a few drinks and a bit of a buffet may be in order - tangible thanks for good advice.

As for those that are still insistant on buying, good luck but on your own head be it!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: What Do They Know?

Originally Posted by johnny five
Its not what they know, its what they DON'T know..................

CORRECT!
Old Aug 15th 2011, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

seoindia is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very easy to think of Goa as a good real estate investment option. However, ground realities are different. You can visit various goa forums which can give you good information.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 1:06 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seoindia
It is very easy to think of Goa as a good real estate investment option. However, ground realities are different. You can visit various goa forums which can give you good information.
None better than our own
"Buyer Beware"

Welcome to BE Seoindia we look forward to your contribution.

Last edited by noni; Aug 15th 2011 at 1:10 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by seoindia
What are you selling?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

kernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the rough

Playing devils advocate , I know of at least 6 businesses run by "foreigners" they seem to do it...how?

Also know of several people who have bought property here, (admittedly under the guise of a business) and they seem content and do not fear selling on..what do they know??