Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

wedding in Goa-any tips?

wedding in Goa-any tips?

Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wedding in Goa-any tips?

My daughter is getting married in April in Goa. Up to now she finds that wedding planners in Goa are a bit thin on the ground and that promised return phone calls, in response to her enquiries to hotels about catering, facilities etc, don't usually materialize. Anybody done this off their own bat? And would they have any advice to give? She lives in Bangalore. She goes through a brief civil service first, followed by a Christian and Hindu wedding. The last two still have to be arranged as she is not getting the feedback to her calls. Loves the typical Goan style "Casa" chain of Goan hotels and we will probably stay in one of those. We are just a small group of close family. Anything you experts on Goa out there can recommend would be appreciated in the way of hotels and restaurants or anything else for that matter. I am thinking of course of Remy and Noni. And Noni, this may be a daft question but are there any "good" clothes shops there?
Thank you.