vrundavan hospital

Old Dec 26th 2009, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

dannyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vrundavan hospital

This hospital is run by Mr Naik and his money grabbing wife,god help you if you have no insurance,if you have they will wack it out for the max before discharge...best to get on the next flight out if you have a serious problem..if not possible go the Apollo Hospital in Margao,remember to personally check all needle packs,have a friend stay with you in the room as per the norm in all Indian hospitals to clean and fetch food and get medication from the pharmacy..remember generally speaking all educated Indians will use their status to extract the most money from you,then cast you adrift for the next "shark" to try his luck..
Old Dec 26th 2009, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: vrundavan hospital

Originally Posted by dannyman
This hospital is run by Mr Naik and his money grabbing wife,god help you if you have no insurance,if you have they will wack it out for the max before discharge...best to get on the next flight out if you have a serious problem..if not possible go the Apollo Hospital in Margao,remember to personally check all needle packs,have a friend stay with you in the room as per the norm in all Indian hospitals to clean and fetch food and get medication from the pharmacy..remember generally speaking all educated Indians will use their status to extract the most money from you,then cast you adrift for the next "shark" to try his luck..
Hi dannyman,

If this is the case and this named man and his wife are using insurance companies as cash cows they should be put on an insurance black list. Clients should be advised that they will not be covered if they go to this named hospital.

I will now bear it in mind and tell all my friends not go to this hospital should they ever need to go to a hospital and tell theml go to the Apollo Hospital.

It is a good job there are people like you dannyman that are prepared to speak out and take the time and trouble to report matters such as these.

Sunglow.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 2:21 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Please believe me, the Appolo in Margao has at least two prices, if you have insurance its much more than if you pay cash, and you can haggle, for operations etc.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:18 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannyman

Well done for naming and shaming Dannyman.
In addition to what you have stated here, there have been 3 recent known cases of contracting Hepatitus B from administration of needle procedures at this hospital as well.
It's pretty evil when they sink as low as to use peoples' health and wellbeing to fulfil their greed !! They take your money then infect you with a life threatening virus - not what you would call a satisfactory service in health care !!

Dread - life is cheap at the 'V'!
x
Old Dec 26th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Vintage Hospital, Panjim is no better - totally incompetent, dangerous and money grabbing.

Their assumption is that we are all insured - not true - so they are involved in a collective insurance fraud where they exaggerate the costs of 'treatment' and hold you hostage beyond a reasonable time to be discharged and hold you in Accounts Department always asking how much is your insurance? Sorry, zilch, nada, nothing, we are paying cash; 'but you are foreigners, always insured?'

'No, can we get out of here please, at least in the next four hours? Sorry you didn't get a corpse this time, the grim reaper's not ready yet, but you've given a misdiagnosis, improper medication and treatment bordering on euthanasia, and been as rude, dismissive, hateful and thieving as any bunch of robbers could ever be,. So, well done, we hope your mothers are proud of you.'

These places are little better than GMC where you have to personally lift your friend or relative onto the treatment couch or rusty old wheelchair and wait until they might be allowed to 'succumb to their injuries'.

Joe of Joe's Undertakers, Calangute is an especially vile parasitic creature who has a close working relationship in the death industry with Vrundavan, Calangute (formerly Braganza Hospital), and two fists of ladies wedding rings on his knuckles, although a shortage of kerosene at the crematorium.

Danish Eric was not a particular friend of mine, but the circumstances of his demise (being laid out on the pavement outside Vrundavan/Braganza Hospital in the sunshine and flies around the daily Calangute market area) and funeral have been made known to me, and they are as traumatic and despicable as other deaths in Goa sadly related on this forum.

Medical tourism in India? No thank you.

Last edited by babu1; Dec 26th 2009 at 10:18 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Agree with evertything on this thread and dont you think its about time the tourist board in UK were informed I sent a copy of mrs M letter to them but got no reply.
Joe the undertaker charged Mrs M 64.000/- to cremate her husband !!!!! put a couple adds in the newspaper and got his death cetificates did abit of running around in her car i might add.... and then when she paid the bill he asked her to donate her car to him as an ambulance what a f......g joker does anyone know how much a funeral should cost???? before any more people get done over and Mr B wasnt insured....
Old Dec 27th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Agree with evertything on this thread and dont you think its about time the tourist board in UK were informed I sent a copy of mrs M letter to them but got no reply.
Joe the undertaker charged Mrs M 64.000/- to cremate her husband !!!!! put a couple adds in the newspaper and got his death cetificates did abit of running around in her car i might add.... and then when she paid the bill he asked her to donate her car to him as an ambulance what a f......g joker does anyone know how much a funeral should cost???? before any more people get done over and Mr B wasnt insured....
Hi All,

Jerry's Undertaker, Mapusa tel 403507

Goan Rites, Miramar 403001

Do not know the going rate but no harm in obtaining quotes.

Sunglow.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 5:22 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Hi All,

Jerry's Undertaker, Mapusa tel 403507

Goan Rites, Miramar 403001

Do not know the going rate but no harm in obtaining quotes.

Sunglow.
Poppet - absolutely disgusting - we must all face reality, i JUST Hope it is not me who goes first, - but we must be prepared. It would be good to get quotes!!!. AND ON THAT NOTE A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 7:08 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

LIKE THE WAY THIS THREAD IS GOING

So sick of the idiots on here and Hormonal Troubles ( and very occasionally IndiaMike) who come out with the "but its so much cheaper than England" thing!

Its an f''ing third world country where the going rate for most things SHOULD be slightly above "very little".

Whilst we all accepted that our lack of knowledge about correct prices linked with our slightly lighter complexion would lead to paying somewhat more than the going rate.................the situation for the last couple of years has been tantamount to blatant theft.

So come on guys, it looks like theres not a lot to be done about the property/visa/garbage/corruption situation at present so lets publicise as many of these thieving little sh*ts as possible!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Birdy num num is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya all,
This is most definitely my last email to you all ( as I will probably get sued or worse) but I just cant sit back, and read about these horror stories in Goan Hospitals without commenting further.
I am sure most of you would be "surprised" to learn that a Brit is actually advertising using Goan medical facilities for visiting medical tourist Brits through his website ...Either he is totally oblivious to what we are all reading, or he has found the most perfect Hospital for all expats and their next of kin! Its good to read of at least one innit???

Babu, your last post even shocked me (and i thought I was totally immune to all Goan "shocks" these days!)

Goingtogoa aint everything its cracked up to bethesedays? (whoops that should have been 3 words)

Interesting innit?

Bye bye all!!
Birdy and his partner "cheap-cheap"
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:51 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
LIKE THE WAY THIS THREAD IS GOING

So sick of the idiots on here and Hormonal Troubles ( and very occasionally IndiaMike) who come out with the "but its so much cheaper than England" thing!

Its an f''ing third world country where the going rate for most things SHOULD be slightly above "very little".

Whilst we all accepted that our lack of knowledge about correct prices linked with our slightly lighter complexion would lead to paying somewhat more than the going rate.................the situation for the last couple of years has been tantamount to blatant theft.

So come on guys, it looks like theres not a lot to be done about the property/visa/garbage/corruption situation at present so lets publicise as many of these thieving little sh*ts as possible!
Newtons to Bristro - 50 rups normally in taxi - and that is over the odds for the distance - they wanted 200 rups one way on Boxing Day. Think I said a word. They do take the ........

I had to pay 70 rups in the end - but better than tripping over the stones - in my medical condition - not 'noffi fied.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Just a note if the Vrundavan had made the right diagnosis on Mrs M in sept when she went for the BODY CHECK, they would have found she had ovarian cancer then and she may have not had to go through such a drastic operation but no they missed it in the scans she had, the Dr who operated on her cannot understand why such a large growth was not spotted as it couldnt have appeared in such a short time.
I went with Mrs M today for her check up, hadnt been feeling very well myself for the past 3 days, been sick and using the big white telephone alot!!! the Dr asked me what was wrong as i usually laughd and smiled alot, he examined me and told me i had a stomach infection and immeditaly prescribed meds, no charge !! said Ishould feel better in a few days time but if i dont just phone him ....
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Totally agree that these places should be named and shamed. My friend's husband suffered a medical emergency on Christmas Eve. They went to Bosio for emergency medication and oxygen as they live beside it and got this but the wife was told by the hospital to take her husband away as he was "dying". They were scared he would die on site. ( what are they running a hospital for, I ask myself? have they heard of the word compassion? I think not. Some Christian attitude they show !!!!!!! ) she took him to Vrundaven to intensive care where he thankfully survived. Usual hassle about the bill and trying to overcharge.

Agree on the whole that Apollos Margao is very good ( know it myself ) but too far from North Goa if in such an emergency. Where to go? That is the question.

I took my friend to JMC in Bambolim in July which is even worse. I was disgusted at the hostile and rude attitude of the medical staff there. Had to push her on a trolley around the place for tests as they have no porters. If I had been infirm or incapacitated myself don't know what I would have done. Hospital admitted her into one of the wards in the new wing ( which had been opened by Kamat amid much pomp and circumstance last January). Although brightly painted and obviously new, there was one toilet for the whole ward of about 30 beds WHICH DIDN'T WORK AND HAD NO WATER! There was shit all over the floor and no water to wash hands. Dread to think what infections and bacteria there were in that place. I couldn't wait to get out and get away. I vowed never ever to go there again and to tell people about this hell hole.

OBVIOUSLY THE BEST SOLUTION WOULD BE TO GET ON A PLANE AND FLY HOME BUT IN MANY INSTANCES THAT IS NOT PRACTICALLY FEASIBLE.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by erinsgirl
Totally agree that these places should be named and shamed. My friend's husband suffered a medical emergency on Christmas Eve. They went to Bosio for emergency medication and oxygen as they live beside it and got this but the wife was told by the hospital to take her husband away as he was "dying". They were scared he would die on site. ( what are they running a hospital for, I ask myself? have they heard of the word compassion? I think not. Some Christian attitude they show !!!!!!! ) she took him to Vrundaven to intensive care where he thankfully survived. Usual hassle about the bill and trying to overcharge.

Agree on the whole that Apollos Margao is very good ( know it myself ) but too far from North Goa if in such an emergency. Where to go? That is the question.

I took my friend to JMC in Bambolim in July which is even worse. I was disgusted at the hostile and rude attitude of the medical staff there. Had to push her on a trolley around the place for tests as they have no porters. If I had been infirm or incapacitated myself don't know what I would have done. Hospital admitted her into one of the wards in the new wing ( which had been opened by Kamat amid much pomp and circumstance last January). Although brightly painted and obviously new, there was one toilet for the whole ward of about 30 beds WHICH DIDN'T WORK AND HAD NO WATER! There was shit all over the floor and no water to wash hands. Dread to think what infections and bacteria there were in that place. I couldn't wait to get out and get away. I vowed never ever to go there again and to tell people about this hell hole.

OBVIOUSLY THE BEST SOLUTION WOULD BE TO GET ON A PLANE AND FLY HOME BUT IN MANY INSTANCES THAT IS NOT PRACTICALLY FEASIBLE.

Genuine Question.

Why do some people who live either part-time or full time in Goa not have medical insurance????

I wouldn't dream of doing that irrespective of the cost especially with Malaria, Dengue, Hepatitis, etc being so prevalent.

and if a hospital took me in whilst i was dying and proceeded to save my life....i don't think i would have the nerve to complain about the bill afterwards.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Dec 29th 2009 at 10:01 am.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

In answer to the previous post, when i first came to live in Goa i did have insurance, and always did when i came on holiday no matter what the cost, since living here many insurance places will not insurance us who have on going medical conditions and to get insurance from the uk is virtually impossible and far to expensive. compared with prices in many countries it is still very inexpensive, but you do not expect your love ones to die after being in the care of a hospital.
once again being a FN we always have to pay more than the goans, i could live here for 50 years and still be treated unfairly.
And now with the hospitals uping all the insurance claims many insurance will be uping their premiums too so who pays again YOU!!!!!!
On the other side have you ever tried claimimg back expenses from a goan insurance company no much fun either trust me been there done it!!!!and got the grey hairs to prove it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.