Visa help.

Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by Heidigirl
"I do find it a little difficult to believe that Indian authorities are 'becoming sensitive to the issue of child abduction' when they allow their own young into sweat shops to work virtually as soon as they can walk !"

Exactly what I (and I suspect many others) was thinking.
FACT: An Average of 600 Indian Girls go 'missing' from Goa every year through trafficking (millions yes millions across india)......maybe if the Indian authorities would spend more time and resources into finding them instead of preventing a mother and her well guarded kids from travelling to their 'family orientated' no 1 holiday destination then i might begin to understand their 'concern' for children!!!!

'Incredible' innit.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Nov 11th 2010 at 8:22 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

HI Remy

Have been following your problems with visas. Hope all is resolved very quickly.

VFS are sometimes helpful, sometimes not.

I have the contact name, tel no & e-mail address of the Operations Manager at VFS in Victoria if you (or anyone else) would like that info. Saves dialling the call centre number at 0.96 a minute, and they can't tell you anymore than you can see for yourself on their tracking screen.

Cheers
Iain
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iain492001
HI Remy

Have been following your problems with visas. Hope all is resolved very quickly.

VFS are sometimes helpful, sometimes not.

I have the contact name, tel no & e-mail address of the Operations Manager at VFS in Victoria if you (or anyone else) would like that info. Saves dialling the call centre number at 0.96 a minute, and they can't tell you anymore than you can see for yourself on their tracking screen.

Cheers
Iain
Iain i would appreciate that number, if you could PM it to me i would be obliged. If the passports are returned again without visas then i will need to get talking to someone at VFS as a matter of urgency.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Still no visas for me Remy and I go a week Sunday. It's been 2 weeks now.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Still no visas for me Remy and I go a week Sunday. It's been 2 weeks now.
and they obviously know that your travelling a week from Sunday!!!
Im sorry, i don't know what else to say except
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
and they obviously know that your travelling a week from Sunday!!!
Im sorry, i don't know what else to say except
Well as you say Remy, they ask for email address and never use it so I'm wondering if they read ANY info on the visa form. Fingers crossed
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

On the letter VFS sent me there are a number of paragraphs and i have already highlighted the two that affect me regarding the kids.

On calming down and reading the entire letter low and behold it says the following:

"Letter of undertaking on company letterhead is required for Police Officer/ Armed Forces/ Photographers/ Actors/ Airline Staff/ Journalist/ Media Related Professionals entering India for Tourism (If Freelancer: A letter of undertaking is required stating the visit is purely for tourism)"

If i had a scanner i would scan and provide the letter in its entirety but i haven't got that facility here.

This paragraph further confirms what Dreadsoc was saying earlier.

Regards,
Remy

PS. At the bottom of the letter in small print it says;

Please note this list is not exhaustive and does not guarantee a visa. The High Commission of India or its Consulates reserve the right to ask for additional documents if required.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Nov 11th 2010 at 10:48 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Visas are here - phew !
Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Visas are here - phew !
Congratulations Heidigirl pressure off.....ours are away back again to VFS so
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Congratulations Heidigirl pressure off.....ours are away back again to VFS so
Good luck Remy & Congrats Heidi
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Just realised I have made myself a problem with getting our visas I had it in mind to take them up to the Victoria office this week but I have just realised that if I do that I will probably not get our passports back in time for our trip to Switzerland on Dec 3rd so I am just going to have to take them up when I come back and hope they are ready before Christmas. Does anyone know how long visas are taking if you deliver and collect from Victoria?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by k800mer
Just realised I have made myself a problem with getting our visas I had it in mind to take them up to the Victoria office this week but I have just realised that if I do that I will probably not get our passports back in time for our trip to Switzerland on Dec 3rd so I am just going to have to take them up when I come back and hope they are ready before Christmas. Does anyone know how long visas are taking if you deliver and collect from Victoria?
If you fill in your visa applications on-line and book an appointment to take them to Victoria. They should normally be ready for collection 2-3 working days from receipt at Victoria, and you can track them on-line. Check on the website in case there are any holidays in between submitting and hoping to collect.

Have you been out of India for for the FULL minimum 2 months? I made that mistake when putting ours in at Victoria - they were accepted and payment taken, but I was a couple of days early, even tho' we were not planning to travel till after the 2 months out. Processing did not start until the day after our full 2 months out, but they were ready for collection on the 3rd afternoon.

Also, on the third day, the tracking status did not change from "being processed" to "available for collection" until nearly 11.45, and that was for one passport - second was about 10 minutes later. Got to Victoria at about 12.45 and was No 70 in the queue to collect.

Good luck............
Old Nov 21st 2010, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iain492001
If you fill in your visa applications on-line and book an appointment to take them to Victoria. They should normally be ready for collection 2-3 working days from receipt at Victoria, and you can track them on-line. Check on the website in case there are any holidays in between submitting and hoping to collect.

Have you been out of India for for the FULL minimum 2 months? I made that mistake when putting ours in at Victoria - they were accepted and payment taken, but I was a couple of days early, even tho' we were not planning to travel till after the 2 months out. Processing did not start until the day after our full 2 months out, but they were ready for collection on the 3rd afternoon.

Also, on the third day, the tracking status did not change from "being processed" to "available for collection" until nearly 11.45, and that was for one passport - second was about 10 minutes later. Got to Victoria at about 12.45 and was No 70 in the queue to collect.

Good luck............
P.S. That was the situation at the beginning of November - we finally got visas on 11th November & arrived back on 13th. Cheers Iain
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Hi,
We applied for visas on line on Sunday 14th November but were unable to make appointment to take in the paperwork because VFS computer system was undergoing changes. Paperwork delivered by hand to VFS office on
Monday 15th am - office was very busy but I did not experience a long wait.
Visas ready for collection on Thursday 18th. Excellent turnround considering that the office was shut for an Indian Bank Holiday on one day in between.

Hope this helps
Veri
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:30 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Copied from a different forum (with thanks to Goangoangone!)

New Visa Application Process

"A new version of the Online Visa Application Form, aimed at upgrading the visa services and improve the application process, will be in effect on and from 23rd November 2010. The existing Online Application Form and downloadable versions will no longer be available on the website after this date. It is mandatory to complete all applications through the new system before submission at the India Visa Application Centers. Applications made before 23rd November will still be accepted at the Centers for an interim period only. More information can be obtained by visiting our website (http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/index.html) and then clicking on the Important News and Notices link ‘New Visa Application Procedure."

This was a reply to a query with VFS. Did anyone elso know about this? How many times are they going to make changes with absolutely zero notice?

In case it didnt jump out at you, that means no more handwritten forms taken in person to VFS........Everything will be online!

One very disturbing addition to the new form is a question as to your religion.
Yes, your religion..........
What on earth do they want to know that for?
Perhaps the next planned discrimination will be by religion, like Visas for Hindus £20, visas for Christians £60?

What the hell do these imbeciles think they are doing? Do they think the standards of common decency observed by most of the rest of the world dont apply to them?

Last edited by johnny five; Nov 22nd 2010 at 12:32 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.