Visa help.

Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa help.

What do the last 6 posts have to do with visa help????? Off topic me thinks!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Warning to those with a 5 year entry visa issued on basis of Indian origin. The rules have been tightened in last few months. .
msj5 I think my post was very relevant, I have just collected my passport from Birmingham today. Apparently the general rules were tightened up in January 2010. I have had a 5 year visa since 1984 when visas were introduced. Today I have a 1 year tourist!! (Didn't have copy of husband's old Indian passport). It also states that registration is necessary if visa is valid for more than 180 days, this is new. When I pointed out that husband had a 5 year they said he "was lucky" (he renewed just before rule change.)
When I submitted the application I saw other British people being refused a long term visas. My post was to warn people of the latest rules and take all possible documentation with them when they apply for their visas.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msj5
What do the last 6 posts have to do with visa help????? Off topic me thinks!!!!!
See my above post
Old Aug 28th 2010, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

msj5 I think my post was very relevant, I have just collected my passport from Birmingham today. Apparently the general rules were tightened up in January 2010. I have had a 5 year visa since 1984 when visas were introduced. Today I have a 1 year tourist!! (Didn't have copy of husband's old Indian passport). It also states that registration is necessary if visa is valid for more than 180 days, this is new. When I pointed out that husband had a 5 year they said he "was lucky" (he renewed just before rule change.)
When I submitted the application I saw other British people being refused a long term visas. My post was to warn people of the latest rules and take all possible documentation with them when they apply for their visas.
Hi Bipat. Your post was very relevant indeed -it was the ones following it and prior that I was talking about.

Last edited by msj5; Aug 28th 2010 at 4:41 am.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

... It also states that registration is necessary if visa is valid for more than 180 days, this is new....
Well not really - it is pre-printed on all visa stickers, so it's been there at least since they started using stickers (and btw it's not true in all cases).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Well not really - it is pre-printed on all visa stickers, so it's been there at least since they started using stickers (and btw it's not true in all cases).

AndyD 8-)#
We are both correct, the pre-print in small letters yes, but my visas were always overstamped (in green) with "no registration required if each stay does not exceed 6 months". My latest visa does not have the green over-stamp. ( Have no intention of registering however!)
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:39 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Bipat sounds like you should be betting a PIO or OCI whichever is available for you. My visas have always had registration required within 14 days if staying longer than 180 days
Old Aug 28th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Bipat sounds like you should be betting a PIO or OCI whichever is available for you. My visas have always had registration required within 14 days if staying longer than 180 days
My point was that: now apparently you need to register even if staying less than 180 days. The usual green over-stamp is no longer there.
PIO etc (as others have posted before) is very difficult for those of Indian origin who do not have a photocopy of their old Indian passport. For 5 year visas they would accept other documents but not since Jan. 2010. However (at the moment) they now say that they will accept an affidavit from Indian Magistrate ( for visas) so for me the problem will be solved when we arrive next month and we can get this.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Bipat.
All 1 year tourist visas clearly state "stay during each visit not to exceed 180 days". Yes it does say that registration for visas valid for more than 180 days is required - but yours and mine are not!And do make sure you leave on or before 180 days as the Immigration officers do check!!I learnt this in May when I left but was dead certain of my 180 days even though on the limit!!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Bipat.
All 1 year tourist visas clearly state "stay during each visit not to exceed 180 days". Yes it does say that registration for visas valid for more than 180 days is required - but yours and mine are not!And do make sure you leave on or before 180 days as the Immigration officers do check!!I learnt this in May when I left but was dead certain of my 180 days even though on the limit!!
Thanks I get your point, I was thinking of the validity of the visa being 1 year as it was a 1 year visa.
(Still feeling sore and somewhat insulted; husband and children with 5 year visas me with 1 year!!.) What the heck! have just spent the afternoon booking our flights. Going home !! great.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Bipat.
Is the visa stamped with the dreaded 2 month out rule!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Bipat.
Is the visa stamped with the dreaded 2 month out rule!
Yes it is. On reading the rules, for tourist visas, apparently the 2 month out rule applies even if the visa is not stamped.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:22 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-uk-year-india

180 day rule?

2 months out?

Maybe they are working on the "leaving India for a short trip for reasons of tourism" idea to get round this?
Hope not because the opinion of the "experts" on IndiaMike, and they are quoting Q&A sessions with MHA, is that whilst it might get you round the two month rule, it DOES NOT reset the clock on the 180 day rule!

And of course, when they get booted out on the 180, the 2 months out will kick in..............

Last edited by johnny five; Aug 29th 2010 at 8:26 am.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johnny five
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...-uk-year-india

180 day rule?

2 months out?

Maybe they are working on the "leaving India for a short trip for reasons of tourism" idea to get round this?
Hope not because the opinion of the "experts" on IndiaMike, and they are quoting Q&A sessions with MHA, is that whilst it might get you round the two month rule, it DOES NOT reset the clock on the 180 day rule!

And of course, when they get booted out on the 180, the 2 months out will kick in..............

They mention in the report the '180 days and 2 months out' -- they might go to Thailand.
Would it not have been easier to rediscover themselves as a family in the The Isle of Wight or Lands End or even Scotland!!!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 9:09 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

They mention in the report the '180 days and 2 months out' -- they might go to Thailand.
Would it not have been easier to rediscover themselves as a family in the The Isle of Wight or Lands End or even Scotland!!!
OOps, that will teach me to read things in full! But they were grinding on about rediscovery to such an extent that I was losing the will to breathe..........
Quite agree with your sentiments though Bipat, although a year on the I-o-W sounds a bit horrifying, and looking at their brood brings back thoughts of Ms Keeling, doesnt it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.