Visa on entry.

Old Oct 28th 2014, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice
Default Visa on entry.

Someone has told us that India will be issuing Visa On Entry. Has anyone on the forum know any more about it. Sounds Good.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

danbushell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa on entry.

They've been doing it at a few international airports for certain nationalities for a while now.
Always plenty of rumours but it hasn't been introduced for Brits yet.
Dabolim airport doesn't offer his facility for any nationality yet either.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice

Oh well, thought it was too good to be true.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by willb
Someone has told us that India will be issuing Visa On Entry. Has anyone on the forum know any more about it. Sounds Good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travel Biz Monitor :: E-Visa regime for 25-30 countries to be rolled out in a week’s time (with thanks from the Goan Voice)

30 day rule not so good if you want to stay longer !

P.S can you make sure that all future "Visa Help" postings be posted on that particular thread ?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read on Goan Voice that very soon you will have to book an appointment on line with visa people to give your Biometric details.Finger prints and photographs, to get a tourist visa ! This is the proverbial nail in the coffin for British Tourism in Goa. Visa on landing must be a thing of the past as far as the UK is concerned if they are going to implement this sort of regime then tourism is finished from over seas.Who ever thought this up must completely mad.I know there are quite a number of Pakistanis in the UK and India is completely paranoid about the Pak threat but these measures are off the wall.
Mind you look who is in charge now.RSS Grupenfuerer Modi and his bully boys...!
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
I have just read on Goan Voice that very soon you will have to book an appointment on line with visa people to give your Biometric details.Finger prints and photographs, to get a tourist visa ! This is the proverbial nail in the coffin for British Tourism in Goa. Visa on landing must be a thing of the past as far as the UK is concerned if they are going to implement this sort of regime then tourism is finished from over seas.Who ever thought this up must completely mad.I know there are quite a number of Pakistanis in the UK and India is completely paranoid about the Pak threat but these measures are off the wall.
Mind you look who is in charge now.RSS Grupenfuerer Modi and his bully boys...!
These new measures are apparently worldwide not just UK. It will presumably be visa on arrival for short holiday tourist visas and the above measures for long term visas. Haven't studied it yet.
On quick reading it seems to also include OCI presumably new applications, but for this, applications are already quite complex.

UK not yet on visa on arrival list, perhaps this will happen after UK election and Mr Modi invited to UK by whoever is the PM then??

Paranoia about Pakistan? I suppose terrorist bombings and insurgencies do require a little thought???
Would agree that much of the security measure just trouble the innocent, the terrorists find a way.

Your obsession with RSS. Is not David Cameron influenced/irritated by right wing types? What would you suggest?? back to a Congress Government? It was a land slide victory, don't you believe in democracy? Do you as a foreign individual know better than the majority here??
Old Feb 20th 2015, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

You remind me of Chamberlain in 1937 and Munich.Hitler also had a thumping majority by the electorate and look what happened afterwards.To say you are myopic in your world view is an understatement Bipat.Even Obama mentioned in one of his speeches last week that religious intolerance in India was growing daily.Churches attacked in Delhi and the continuous rumble by certain sections of the BJP concerning an Anti-Conversion Bill.Do you seriously think that the RSS are just outdated old fogeys ? Then you need to travel back to real India not Karwar, which is really insulated from whats happening in the north-the Hindu heartland.Modi represents religious intolerance pure and simple.What gets up my nose though is that religion is a load of superstitious rubbish. Hinduism is just a religion based upon animism,one of the oldest forms of religion.It goes back to the cave mens days and sabre toothed tigers.In real terms its just Animism with a nice dollop of philosophy attached to sweeten the unreality of a Elephant headed supernatural being.Modi got in because Congress had made such a mess of things that any alternative was good.As for democracy in India that has to be the biggest joke of all.Vote banks, illiteracy and ballot box stuffing.Rent a mob politics and 50% of parliament having a criminal record or cases pending before the courts ! Its easy commenting when you live in the UK but move to Kanpur and wear a crucifix and see if your view point changes.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

You remind me of Chamberlain in 1937 and Munich.Hitler also had a thumping majority by the electorate and look what happened afterwards.To say you are myopic in your world view is an understatement Bipat.Even Obama mentioned in one of his speeches last week that religious intolerance in India was growing daily.Churches attacked in Delhi and the continuous rumble by certain sections of the BJP concerning an Anti-Conversion Bill.Do you seriously think that the RSS are just outdated old fogeys ? Then you need to travel back to real India not Karwar, which is really insulated from whats happening in the north-the Hindu heartland.Modi represents religious intolerance pure and simple.What gets up my nose though is that religion is a load of superstitious rubbish. Hinduism is just a religion based upon animism,one of the oldest forms of religion.It goes back to the cave mens days and sabre toothed tigers.In real terms its just Animism with a nice dollop of philosophy attached to sweeten the unreality of a Elephant headed supernatural being.Modi got in because Congress had made such a mess of things that any alternative was good.As for democracy in India that has to be the biggest joke of all.Vote banks, illiteracy and ballot box stuffing.Rent a mob politics and 50% of parliament having a criminal record or cases pending before the courts ! Its easy commenting when you live in the UK but move to Kanpur and wear a crucifix and see if your view point changes.
I think you are living in the last century PJ. What do you mean the "North Hindu Heartland"??? India is a Hindu majority country. Every state except Jammu and Kashmir is Hindu majority.

Karwar not "real India" what is it then???? 70,000 population, majority Hindu, approx. 1000 Christians, a Muslim community.
We have relatives which we visit and stay with in many towns in "the North", as well as far South.
Hinduism has evolved over the centuries. Do you know anything about the representational character of the 'gods' etc.? But having been part of an orthodox Hindu family (with some atheists in it) for approaching half a century can give you some tips if you like

Of course there is communal violence and religion is just one trigger, with a billion population not surprising.

Not democracy? the practices you describe are those of the Congress party. BJP does not have the money for bribery,--actually the majority of Indian people are literate and have access to TV, they can all listen to speeches.
My personal politics are left of centre, but really if Mr Modi can possibly produce change for the better why are you so negative??

(I am not sure that President Obama of USA is one who can give a lesson on religious tolerance his own country (certainly not his fault) is not exactly tolerant is it

CWSFDV-Govt won't allow any group to incite hatred: PM-Times of India-News

Suggest you give up the books and learn about real people!!!!!

PS Just a thought--- are you mixing up "Hindu heartland", with 'hindi speaking belt', totally different issues. Making Hindi as the national language was always controversial with the southern states.

Seem to be plenty of people happily wearing crucifixes in Kanpur
http://www.ucanindia.in/news/bjp-lea...ur/27148/daily!!!!

Last edited by Bipat; Feb 20th 2015 at 3:13 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

if you believe what they print in the papers, especially in India, where there is no free speech at all, then you need to see a psychiatrist quick because your suffering from a very common ailment called optimism.Personally i grew out of it very quickly, in fact as soon as i could vote i realised that 99% of what politicians state comes out of the rear end of male cows. People who still go on believing usually end up with dementia as their long held beliefs slowly crumble away due to experience and age.Modi is an RSS apparatchnik pure and simple. a leopard doesnt change his spots over night.Modi has been involved with the RSS since the emergency under the other pro-violence Gandhi, indira.And he still is.I do not care what selective newspapers you read and i do not care what your delusions are either.At some point in the next 4 years you will realise that a single politician,given the herculean task he faces in regard of India's modernisation,will not make any headway unless he starts shoveling the BullS**t out of the way.Unfortunately the RSS are part and parcel of that pile of crap and he knows it.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if you believe what they print in the papers, especially in India, where there is no free speech at all, then you need to see a psychiatrist quick because your suffering from a very common ailment called optimism.Personally i grew out of it very quickly, in fact as soon as i could vote i realised that 99% of what politicians state comes out of the rear end of male cows. People who still go on believing usually end up with dementia as their long held beliefs slowly crumble away due to experience and age.Modi is an RSS apparatchnik pure and simple. a leopard doesnt change his spots over night.Modi has been involved with the RSS since the emergency under the other pro-violence Gandhi, indira.And he still is.I do not care what selective newspapers you read and i do not care what your delusions are either.At some point in the next 4 years you will realise that a single politician,given the herculean task he faces in regard of India's modernisation,will not make any headway unless he starts shoveling the BullS**t out of the way.Unfortunately the RSS are part and parcel of that pile of crap and he knows it.

There seemed to be plenty of free speech in the recent Delhi election, were you aware it was going on ???
(I very much admire Kiran Bedi, although she was chosen too late).
I hardly read newspapers in detail, although OH does, you learn from people around , TV, emails from people elsewhere etc.
At least we agree on Mrs Gandhi, her land reforms lost us a great deal of land, (although that is not in the least important in the grand scheme of things) --she was basically wicked and her legacy lived on in Sonia.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Visa on entry for UK tourists but you will still have to submit biometric data in person at a VHS office....defeats the purpose if you ask me.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Read in Goan Voice that the whole idea of visa on entry is rubbish.You have to submit data on line 4 days before you land in India....!According to the article it allows them to check your application so that queues do not develop in your port of entry ! Makes sense but the whole visa saga is worrying.Its for the 30 days single entry ?
Old Apr 8th 2015, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Visa on entry for UK tourists ....
Since when?

AndyD 8-)

Old Apr 9th 2015, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

6th April Goan Voice Newsletter. scroll down its there.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Nope, sorry - can't find it.

AndyD 8-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.