Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Is there booze in Goa?

Is there booze in Goa?

Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:20 am
cbc
Forum Regular

cbc is on a distinguished road
Default Is there booze in Goa?

Hi everyone, could you keep me up to date with the lack of booze in Goa, I'm arriving there early Feb but if the government are doing this non booze thing I'm thinking of changing my flight/destination, I want a holiday with a glass or two wines when I go out for dinner will this be possible?
Whats going on over there???
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there booze in Goa?

Originally Posted by cbc
Hi everyone, could you keep me up to date with the lack of booze in Goa, I'm arriving there early Feb but if the government are doing this non booze thing I'm thinking of changing my flight/destination, I want a holiday with a glass or two wines when I go out for dinner will this be possible?
try searching BE for posts in the last 7 days containing 'booze', 'bars' etc.

in summary - who knows, but you may get a drink up until 10 pm - if the wholesalers are allowed to supply the bars/ restaurants.

Anyone want a receipe for home brewed cider?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbc
WHO does know what`s going on vis a vie booze and bars and restaurants for the next 1 month????????????
My local wholesaler/bar/restaurant has plenty of stock again,but how long will it last with everyone "stocking up" just in case!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:18 pm
cbc
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msj5
WHO does know what`s going on vis a vie booze and bars and restaurants for the next 1 month????????????
My local wholesaler/bar/restaurant has plenty of stock again,but how long will it last with everyone "stocking up" just in case!
So is this just panic buying? I can't imagine Tito's being dry at the moment, anyone know?
Its 6 weeks before the elections!! what is Goa doing, tourist probably would put up/or work something out with a couple of days around elections, but 6 weeks this is anti tourist friendly.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:34 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbc
So is this just panic buying? I can't imagine Tito's being dry at the moment, anyone know?
Its 6 weeks before the elections!! what is Goa doing, tourist probably would put up/or work something out with a couple of days around elections, but 6 weeks this is anti tourist friendly.
You have just said it! "is anti tourist friendly" arse backwards comes to mind! Bet the locals will not be going without.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:05 pm
cbc
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
You have just said it! "is anti tourist friendly" arse backwards comes to mind! Bet the locals will not be going without.

What will they do next? turn the bloody water and electric off.
Get real India, in 6 weeks you are going to give tourists a holiday to remember but not in a good way.
Not many repeat customers thats for sure.
Also this will not stop the locals drinking, there will be plenty of feni for them still.
I am yet again questioning myself why I'm going to Goa.... Hmmm.:
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:20 pm
cbc
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cbc
What will they do next? turn the bloody water and electric off.
Get real India, in 6 weeks you are going to give tourists a holiday to remember but not in a good way.
Not many repeat customers thats for sure.
Also this will not stop the locals drinking, there will be plenty of feni for them still.
I am yet again questioning myself why I'm going to Goa.... Hmmm.:
ANY UP DATES ON THIS SITUATION... is very much needed.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cbc
ANY UP DATES ON THIS SITUATION... is very much needed.
One of today's papers reports that last week the 10 O'clock rule was postponed until 16th Feb (from 6th) although nothing was reported at the time (perhaps the gov't computer servers got back-dated again <g>).

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:24 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbc
If I had to go to Titos to get a drink I think I would go tee total - awful place full of wannabes in my experience !

What a stupid tosser idea to ban booze and close everywhere by 2300 !

Dread - x
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:27 pm
cbc
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
If I had to go to Titos to get a drink I think I would go tee total - awful place full of wannabes in my experience !

What a stupid tosser idea to ban booze and close everywhere by 2300 !

Dread - x
I don't use Titos also but was just using a bar with probably a high usage of alcohol, just can;t imagine it being dry at the moment.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbc
Is there sand in The sahara ?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

I`ve just come past Club Cabana at Arpora and they have cars parked outside advertising "AFTER BEACH PARTY"....Is this just trying to get some business in cos places like this and Tito`s are going to lose a fortune in the next month having to stop serving alcohol at 11pm and 10 pm from 16th.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbc
Bars are open and its business as usual but only up to when the owner sees fit to shut...bit difficult to have a lock in at a beach shack. Last night it was 10.30 where we were but it will be 10 pm later this month and everything shut the day of the election. The wine shops are open so stock up when you see it available. They are only doing it so that the candidates cannot try to woo the voters with booze..woo booze they call it!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:57 am
cbc
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Bars are open and its business as usual but only up to when the owner sees fit to shut...bit difficult to have a lock in at a beach shack. Last night it was 10.30 where we were but it will be 10 pm later this month and everything shut the day of the election. The wine shops are open so stock up when you see it available. They are only doing it so that the candidates cannot try to woo the voters with booze..woo booze they call it!
Thanks Chrisjolly And msj5, stocking up is in process also a early start is planned.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by msj5
I`ve just come past Club Cabana at Arpora and they have cars parked outside advertising "AFTER BEACH PARTY"....Is this just trying to get some business in cos places like this and Tito`s are going to lose a fortune in the next month having to stop serving alcohol at 11pm and 10 pm from 16th.
they already have to stop by 11:00pm (tables cleared by then - that's why a lot are posting 10:30)

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.