Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Teeth implants in Goa - any recommendations?

Teeth implants in Goa - any recommendations?

Old May 5th 2014, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Shasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teeth implants in Goa - any recommendations?

Hi

my brother in law needs to have implants in all of the upper jaw, and is considering having this treatment done in India, possibly in goa, since he can stay at our place. Does anyone have any recommendations at to which doctor / practice to approach to discuss this?

Thanks a lot

Shasha
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Teeth implants in Goa - any recommendations?

A friend has his done by a very competent female dentist in Calangute at a fraction of the UK price and was delighted with results. I also had some treatment from her and she was very good.
But haven't got her details to hand. Pm me and I can get them
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

A number of us who stay here all the time use Dr. Sushant Walke who is based in Calangute. Very reasonable (from a pricing point of view) and very caring (which is important to me!). I have PMd you his contact details.

Chameleons.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Teeth implants in Goa - any recommendations?

Originally Posted by Shasha
Hi

my brother in law needs to have implants in all of the upper jaw, and is considering having this treatment done in India, possibly in goa, since he can stay at our place. Does anyone have any recommendations at to which doctor / practice to approach to discuss this?

Thanks a lot

Shasha
Hi Shasha, Check out what is involved as there may be a long time between the first consultation and the final one. The treatment is not a simple one so he may need to stay a long time or even go back another time. As I only know Goa and not the rest of India for dental treatment I can say that there are many dentists and dental practices to choose from. Many tourists and long termers have treatment while they are there because it is considerably cheaper than treatment in Europe. Everyone has their own experience, mainly good but sometimes bad, so I would suggest you go there specifically Calangute area and just go round several, talk to the dentist and see who you feel most comfortable with. The prices vary and so do the surgeries. Don't be put off by what seems a scruffy surgery because the dentist may be fantastic. We use a small unassuming surgery near the market in Mapusa that is mainly used by locals and the dentist there, a Goan lady, Sandra, is marvellous.
We go there once a year for a check up and clean. Any small fillings are done at the time and it usually costs about £7.
Good luck.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Hi Shasha, Check out what is involved as there may be a long time between the first consultation and the final one. The treatment is not a simple one so he may need to stay a long time or even go back another time. As I only know Goa and not the rest of India for dental treatment I can say that there are many dentists and dental practices to choose from. Many tourists and long termers have treatment while they are there because it is considerably cheaper than treatment in Europe. Everyone has their own experience, mainly good but sometimes bad, so I would suggest you go there specifically Calangute area and just go round several, talk to the dentist and see who you feel most comfortable with. The prices vary and so do the surgeries. Don't be put off by what seems a scruffy surgery because the dentist may be fantastic. We use a small unassuming surgery near the market in Mapusa that is mainly used by locals and the dentist there, a Goan lady, Sandra, is marvellous.
We go there once a year for a check up and clean. Any small fillings are done at the time and it usually costs about £7.
Good luck.
Agree with above. The friend I referred to had his treatment over a period of a year or more.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Shasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everybody. Will bear in mind for anyone else in the future. My b-in-law then went to Delhi and is very happy with treatment so far.