Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

So excited I could wet myself.

So excited I could wet myself.

Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute
Default So excited I could wet myself.

Hi All
Our Goan friends are coming over this weekend, they are vegetarian what the hell do I cook? Definitely Pav for sweet plus Chocolate cake and chocolate puddings. Thought of Leeks in a canelloni plus lots of chilli type sauce thing but any other suggestions very gratefully received. Lots of Karma here guys help me out. All suggestions will be cooked and tried out, that way the blame gets spread about more evenly.
Got to be something to get your teeth in to.
regards
Tony P
PS Don't trust anybody whose second name could be Impaler
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: So excited I could wet myself.

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi All
Our Goan friends are coming over this weekend, they are vegetarian what the hell do I cook? Definitely Pav for sweet plus Chocolate cake and chocolate puddings. Thought of Leeks in a canelloni plus lots of chilli type sauce thing but any other suggestions very gratefully received. Lots of Karma here guys help me out. All suggestions will be cooked and tried out, that way the blame gets spread about more evenly.
regards
Tony P

Hi Tony,

I am a veggie, you friends are presumably hindu and eat things like rice and dhal at home.

In addition to the above, my wife cooks fantastic mushroom stroganoff, spaghetti/pasta with rich tomato or mushroom sauce etc. Also, aubergine is a good meat substitute in most dishes. Mediterranean type bakes and pizzas are another idea.

Indians dont tend to eat puddings as we do, but the more sophisticated have developed western tastes.

Hope that helps.

regards
douglas
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:21 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
regards
Tony P
Hi Tony,

I was lucky my Goan friends flew out yesterday, what a time they have had
weeks of p...... down rain, floods, bombs, airports blown up. We were lucky they were Catholic Goans, and would eat anything. Although wanted to go to a good Indian Resturant for a top up on curry.

They insisted on "lovely" bacon for breakfast.

Why not get a takeaway menu from your local Indian Resturant that will give you some ideas, and a veggie cook book. Then none of us can get the blame

Hope you get better weather and have a good time with them.

Noni (I am Nooni in Russian)
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nooni and Douglas
Thanks for the advice, problem is that I am a convinced Omnivore and therefore rarely consider a Veggie dish as such, I normally eat the consituent parts seperately. However some food for thought, so many thanks.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jul 5th 2007, 10:48 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: So excited I could wet myself.

Hi Nooni and Douglas
Thanks for the advice, problem is that I am a convinced Omnivore and therefore rarely consider a Veggie dish as such, I normally eat the consituent parts seperately. However some food for thought, so many thanks.
Regards
Tony P
Hi Tony, i'm a veggie but i have to confess i'm not crazy about Indian food (well i love most of the spices, corriander and veggies etc but can't stand chilli)! So i sometimes make my own chilli free version of chana masala etc.

If i was you i would just cheat and go to a decent supermarket (if you have Waitrose near you then you're definately sorted), otherwise Sainsbury's or whatever and clear out their veggie Indian range (Waitrose also used to do some yummy indian deserts but i haven't been for ages so dunno if they still do). You could then bar them from the kitchen and impres them with your amazing 'cooking' skills! (or you could just own up)!

If they are quite cosmopolitan though you could just give them veggie pizza or order a chinese or whatever perhaps (then they can just choose what they want off the menu). Well good luck and let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TDK
Hi Tony, i'm a veggie but i have to confess i'm not crazy about Indian food (well i love most of the spices, corriander and veggies etc but can't stand chilli)! So i sometimes make my own chilli free version of chana masala etc.

If i was you i would just cheat and go to a decent supermarket (if you have Waitrose near you then you're definately sorted), otherwise Sainsbury's or whatever and clear out their veggie Indian range (Waitrose also used to do some yummy indian deserts but i haven't been for ages so dunno if they still do). You could then bar them from the kitchen and impres them with your amazing 'cooking' skills! (or you could just own up)!

If they are quite cosmopolitan though you could just give them veggie pizza or order a chinese or whatever perhaps (then they can just choose what they want off the menu). Well good luck and let us know how you get on.
Hi TDK
Desserts are already promised, He has never eaten Pavlova, and she insists on Chocolate, too much booze and see what a mess you talk yourself into
So no problem with desserts, have been thinking of a supermarket raid but pride keeps getting in the way, so small meze type starter and spicy (not hot) main course with a couple of salad things and homemade bread.
It's only one meal and then it's do it yourself, take aways or restaurants
So many Veggies on this site.
Regards
Tony P
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:40 pm
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough

Hi TDK
Desserts are already promised, He has never eaten Pavlova, and she insists on Chocolate, too much booze and see what a mess you talk yourself into
So no problem with desserts, have been thinking of a supermarket raid but pride keeps getting in the way, so small meze type starter and spicy (not hot) main course with a couple of salad things and homemade bread.
It's only one meal and then it's do it yourself, take aways or restaurants
So many Veggies on this site.
Regards
Tony P
Hi Tony, and i admire your integrity and it sounds like you've got a good menu so i'm sure will go down well
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:02 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nooni and Douglas
Regards
Tony P
Buy M & S ready veggie meals, and place in your own decorative dishes. Asda do lovely homemade veggie pitzza's. and excellent indian and chinese take aways.
Some dips with Walkers Sensations, with their drinks before dinner, always an icebreaker

p.s. if I am now Nooni to you bring out the Vodka.

Didn't know you liked, grizzly bears, striped skunk, racoon, crows, bluejay and woodpeckers - how
do you cook them, and what do you serve them with.

Last edited by noni; Jul 5th 2007 at 2:18 pm. Reason: omnivore
Old Jul 5th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noni
Buy M & S ready veggie meals, and place in your own decorative dishes. Asda do lovely homemade veggie pitzza's. and excellent indian and chinese take aways.
Some dips with Walkers Sensations, with their drinks before dinner, always an icebreaker

p.s. if I am now Nooni to you bring out the Vodka.

Didn't know you liked, grizzly bears, striped skunk, racoon, crows, bluejay and woodpeckers - how
do you cook them, and what do you serve them with.
Hi NONI
You temptress you!
I'll try anything once, did hear that Grizzlies don't taste too good, apparently the indigenous Americans preferred the Black bear so I'll go with local knowledge on that one and have it lightly poached in a herb broth. Crows when young - in a pie, racoon apparently done in a Southern Fried chicken variant with french fries, striped skunk would have to be curried, anything to take the taste of coriander away, bluejay and woodpeckers probably spatchcocked and served with a green salad with roasted hazelnuts and a small baked potato.
Apparently everything tastes like chicken anyway so casseroled, stewed, fried, grilled, roasted would be worth a go.
Before this gets completely out of hand I won't eat Horse, donkey, alligators or crocodiles (which definitely don't taste of chicken), insects, fish (had a bone stuck in my throat), slugs, songbirds, dogs, cats, rats, moles, voles or shrews. Nor Whales, seals, penguins, dolphins or porpoise, turtles, otters, or Albatross.
Regards
Tony P
Vodka in Goa
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Tony,

I am a veggie, you friends are presumably hindu and eat things like rice and dhal at home.

In addition to the above, my wife cooks fantastic mushroom stroganoff, spaghetti/pasta with rich tomato or mushroom sauce etc. Also, aubergine is a good meat substitute in most dishes. Mediterranean type bakes and pizzas are another idea.

Indians dont tend to eat puddings as we do, but the more sophisticated have developed western tastes.

Hope that helps.

regards
douglas

Hi There Tony,

Check out this link and i hope you find it useful.
Great easy indian vegie dishes:

http://www.recipedelights.com/indianvegdishes.htm

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi There Tony,

Kind Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy
nice site, thanks a lot.
Personally a veggie meal always leaves me feeling that something was missing, a lack of substance or something, probably me
regards
Tony P
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi Remy
nice site, thanks a lot.
Personally a veggie meal always leaves me feeling that something was missing, a lack of substance or something, probably me
regards
Tony P
Yeah Tony I know what you mean.
Part of me thinks being a vegitarian is probably much heathier especially when it comes down to 'meat in india' but i just love chicken and nothing beats a big steak with mushrooms covered in Diane sauce.
Yum Yum.

Shit now im hungry.

Remy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Hi There Tony,

Kind Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy, Tony,

Now you are getting into some real indian food>. You can find most of this type of food in panjim at the veggie only restaurants, at about half the price of calangute.

regards
douglas
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Remy, Tony,

Now you are getting into some real indian food>. You can find most of this type of food in panjim at the veggie only restaurants, at about half the price of calangute.

regards
douglas
Hi Douglas,

Like i just said to Tony im not a vegitarian but i must admit some of the vegie dishes that i have just been looking at look damn fingerlicking good. Will definately be stirring up some of these.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:12 pm

Hi Douglas,

Like i just said to Tony im not a vegitarian but i must admit some of the vegie dishes that i have just been looking at look damn fingerlicking good. Will definately be stirring up some of these.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Will make us all loose weight and make us F...t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.