Snow !!

Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough
Default Snow !!

I thought all those of you enjoying the sun out in Goa should know ... that its been snowing since this morning in London and heavy snow is predicted for the end of the week !
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Mum2randa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Snow !!

Originally Posted by Mzee
I thought all those of you enjoying the sun out in Goa should know ... that its been snowing since this morning in London and heavy snow is predicted for the end of the week !
Yes, we have some of the white stuff here near Heathrow. The roads will be pretty dodgy come morning as they are quite wet and it`s going to be cold bbbrrrrr....Wish I was back in Goa..
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Also here in Spain!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:13 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Rode back from Oxfordshire to Surrey in it today (otherside of Heathrow Mum2randa, near Egham) on the manic scooter.
Not so bl**dy manic with thick fog and bilzzards on the M40 & Marlow bypass. Umpteen layers of clothing under a heavy coating of snow, slithering about a bit, and you know what?
Still had a silly grin on my face when I arrived...........what a saddo!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Mum2randa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by johnny five
Rode back from Oxfordshire to Surrey in it today (otherside of Heathrow Mum2randa, near Egham) on the manic scooter.
Not so bl**dy manic with thick fog and bilzzards on the M40 & Marlow bypass. Umpteen layers of clothing under a heavy coating of snow, slithering about a bit, and you know what?
I suspect your grin was frozen on J5 - not the best time of year to be riding a scooter on the M40 Masochism springs to mind
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:28 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Surely J5 Goa has to be better this time of the year. My daughter who lives near you is moving tomorrow!!!! 3 kids, snow, and Christmas. Think I will settle for the sun and put on my rose tinted glasses while I can.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:48 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

OOh J5

I hope you've invested in a few pairs of thermal 'Alans' to wear on that machine, else you'll get a nasty case of the 'farmers' !!

Dread - warming up
x
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:02 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
OOh J5

I hope you've invested in a few pairs of thermal 'Alans' to wear on that machine, else you'll get a nasty case of the 'farmers' !!

Dread - warming up
x
Going for a farewell dinner with Em tonight, so we will have a good giggle thinking of J5 bombing down the M whatever in a blizzard, bless his cotton sox.

Hope his Christmas Nuts were kept warm and snug.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:25 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, nuts were roasting! Hands and feet cold and a thick layer of snow all up my front.
At this moment snowing hard, earlier Met Office saying 5-10cms, now saying 10-20cm!
Will probably stay off 2 wheels for a few days as sudden death not on my list to Santa.
Wind-chill walking back from the bus home from Windsor (£4 for a 10 min trip then a 20 min walk) was so cutting that I thought I had lost my nose at one point.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 3:28 am

Yup, nuts were roasting! Hands and feet cold and a thick layer of snow all up my front.
At this moment snowing hard, earlier Met Office saying 5-10cms, now saying 10-20cm!
Will probably stay off 2 wheels for a few days as sudden death not on my list to Santa.
Wind-chill walking back from the bus home from Windsor (£4 for a 10 min trip then a 20 min walk) was so cutting that I thought I had lost my nose at one point.
Was your nose like Rudolf's, or could you not feel it. Wonder if No.2 daughter will be able to move today as she is quite close to you, and surrounded by country lanes, from the old house to the new one.

Keep your chestnuts warm.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

We have 4-5 inches here (can't do cm's) and the local airport is shut. Looking out of my picture window into the back garden the sight is wonderful, a true Christmas card view. Deep untouched snow and a clear blue sky. So long as you don't have to go out its one of the beautiful days in this country. More snow forecast here later today. 70 miles of snow and closed roads between OH and me. Its gonna be a long weekend
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:41 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daff
We have 4-5 inches here (can't do cm's) and the local airport is shut. Looking out of my picture window into the back garden the sight is wonderful, a true Christmas card view. Deep untouched snow and a clear blue sky. So long as you don't have to go out its one of the beautiful days in this country. More snow forecast here later today. 70 miles of snow and closed roads between OH and me. Its gonna be a long weekend

Lovely views, but Not liking the fffffffffffrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzing cold !!
Only went to the post box and got a frozen face !!
Daff I think the answer has to be wine, Baileys and plenty of it !!!

Dread - call me Rudolph !!
x
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Lovely views, but Not liking the fffffffffffrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzing cold !!
Only went to the post box and got a frozen face !!
Daff I think the answer has to be wine, Baileys and plenty of it !!!

Dread - call me Rudolph !!
x
Thank you Dr. Dread. I will apply your prescription liberally.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Daff
Thank you Dr. Dread. I will apply your prescription liberally.

Daff = Abstinence makes the heart grown fonder - hope the weather improves for the wedding. Would be a pity if you could not make it. Meeting GC and other "friends for lunch tomorrow"
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
Daff = Abstinence makes the heart grown fonder - hope the weather improves for the wedding. Would be a pity if you could not make it. Meeting GC and other "friends for lunch tomorrow"
I'll live with the wanting. Last year on the same date (it's my birthday as well) we had the same weather. Well I always did want a 'white wedding' so here goes.
Have a great time with GC etc tomorrow and tell them that I am missing you all. Maybe one day when this mess is over we can have a great big party and take over a whole restaurant. I like to dream:
To everyone out there in the sun and dung
Merry Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.