Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

A slight increase in visa fees

A slight increase in visa fees

Old Jan 18th 2013, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A slight increase in visa fees

Originally Posted by msj5
Mine to Noni asn they did in Oct when applying for 1yr X visa and getting 1 yr t Visa.

The sums of money involved are a bit major tho!

Someone I know has suggested contacting credit card co`s to see if VFS/ HCI can actually take your money and give you a visa of lesser value legally!!!!
The VFS are just agents handling the money for the HCI who are a equivalent of a 'foreign country' so it wouldn't work.

I must say at Birmingham (where Tarun Trivedi is based) they warn you very strongly if they think you won't get a particular visa. He is very helpful, telephoned me at home when I e-mailed a question about registration rules.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:15 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Smile Re: A slight increase in visa fees

Someone I know has suggested contacting credit card co`s to see if VFS/ HCI can actually take your money and give you a visa of lesser value legally!!!!
I wouldn't "pay" any other way when applying for a visa as I think 'they' know it would be illegal to accept payment for 'A' & then actually give you 'B' - especially where 'B' is worth about half the cost of 'A'.

H.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:21 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

This was discussed at length a few years back, when the whole "no refund" situation arose.

The general consensus was, as the actual extraction of your money was down to the HCI, via their agents, VFS, with well defined caveats in writing declaring no refund if shorter visa granted...............

forget it, you have been shafted

There have been one or two posts in all forums reporting refunds, but overall, no chance.

So forget the "Visa" refund promise.

Or following the trend of this forum......... Do it, claim it, wait for the rest of your life as an indignant victim of injustice, die miserable?

Last edited by johnny five; Jan 18th 2013 at 9:26 am.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnny five
Or following the trend of this forum......... Do it, claim it, wait for the rest of your life as an indignant victim of injustice, die miserable?
Have you been talking to that Douglas again? <g>

AndyD 8-)
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:41 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Good. wasn't he?

Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:36 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

This visa "non refundable" thing seems to be some sort of a bilateral arrangement. The British HC doesn't refund visa fees either if a visa appl is rejected or if visa is issued for a shorter term than what was applied for. I had checked it earlier and it's still on the website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...ultTableAnchor

Maybe a bit hard on us all but those are the rules.

Cheers
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
This visa "non refundable" thing seems to be some sort of a bilateral arrangement. The British HC doesn't refund visa fees either ...http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...ultTableAnchor

Cheers
Well they are very bad rules and should be changed.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jan 19th 2013, 10:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Well they are very bad rules and should be changed.

AndyD 8-)
Well said Andy

And its not "a bit hard on all of us", its downright dishonest, and non existent in most other situations.

Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:43 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Change Rules easier said than done. These are framed at the Govt to Govt levels. Surely we all know that.

The person concerned had sent an email to the FCO in the UK because it was a UK visa that was applied for; and has never even received an acknowledgement, let alone a response.

Was only trying to explain the rules that exist. It's for you to accept or not. Nothing I can do about it, neither you. Nothing stops you from trying though. Good Luck and from me end of discussion. Thank you

Cheers
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

This visa "non refundable" thing seems to be some sort of a bilateral arrangement. The British HC doesn't refund visa fees either if a visa appl is rejected or if visa is issued for a shorter term than what was applied for. I had checked it earlier and it's still on the website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...ultTableAnchor

Cheers
Thank you for that link Indian friend.
makes it very clear where the HCI got their new pricing policy for visas from.....is the no refunds a VFS thing or is it UKBA and HCI? Does make me wonder!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2013, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that link Indian friend.
makes it very clear where the HCI got their new pricing policy for visas from.....is the no refunds a VFS thing or is it UKBA and HCI? Does make me wonder!!!!!!!!!

No, not a VFS thing, they are merely an agency, (apart from their own handling costs). The UKBA and HCI receive the application folders make the decisions and keep the money.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

.... These [visa rules/fees] are framed at the Govt to Govt levels. . . . .
The British High Commission has always strenuously denied that - 'there is no reciprocity'.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jan 21st 2013, 4:17 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
The British High Commission has always strenuously denied that - 'there is no reciprocity'.

AndyD 8-)

And of course we believe them don;t we? !!!!!

Dread - x
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:38 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: A slight increase in visa fees

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
And of course we believe them don;t we? !!!!!

Dread - x
Certainly do, of course, 100%

Especially after a quick comparison of the UKBA prices for Indians seeking visas to visit the UK & the VFS Global prices for Brits seeking visas to visit india. . . . . . . . . . . . .

H.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 5:48 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently these new visa fees are now in line with what the Americans and Canadians have been having to pay!!

I`m still waiting for a "sensible" response from VFS about who will be eligible for 5 yr visas..........
Looked it up for you. If ever come, think I'll be arriving on my US passport rather than my UK one!

US Citizens
10 Years (120 Months) Multiple Entry $166.00
5 Years (60 Months) Multiple Entry $166.00
6 Months Multiple Entry $76.00

https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing...ular-fees?id=1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.