Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Sign the Petition to stop the Ilegal Mining in Goa

Sign the Petition to stop the Ilegal Mining in Goa

Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sign the Petition to stop the Ilegal Mining in Goa

Hi everyone Eddie has sent this to me and I think we should support this and sign the petition,

Tomorrow, Goan Voice is set to launch a petition against the indiscriminate and uncontrolled mining activities in the State of Goa. I hope that you will join me and be some of the first to sign and also ask your contacts to alert their friends to it. Please sign,this is a a universal appeal and effects us all.What is happening in Goa is wilful damage ,destructive to the environment and heartbreaking.

Please please.please,please sign and send it to all your friends to sign
Eddie and many Goans signed our petition,now we need to sign to give our support to Goa but also to some of our Goan friends in the UK that are fighting this injustice.
Lets show are support to this guy's
Thanks
GC

http://goanvoice.org.uk/miningpetition.php

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Mar 9th 2010 at 10:30 am. Reason: Woops!! forgot the link
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:17 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sign the Petition to stop the Ilegal Mining in Goa

Have signed it GC, via the link, but cant see anything on GV about it?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:25 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
done
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by johnny five

Hi J thanks so much
It will be published tomorrow in the voice. As I knew about it I thought we would give them a helping hand up before it goes live and show how we Brits stick together when believe in something
thanks so much it will mean a lot to Eddie and the team who run the voice this is their petition.
Anyway I feel quite strongly about this issue I was taken last year by our local taxi driver to see one of these mines and the mess and rape of the hill side,it was very awful.All to line the pockets of the Government, the locals get nothing from this only the streams of lorries running one after one through the villages,shamful
Please sign and help this cause
GC
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by noni
done
Thanks noni
GC
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

the illegal mining has been going on in goa for over a decade! very visible from mayem lake many years back. what about the deforestation on the beaches to make way for the shacks and allowing serious erosion of the beaches!soon there will be no beaches to sit on . but will there be anyone to sit on the beaches anyway!so how about a petition to save the beaches of goa? sand dunes and their growth are a natural phenomena to keep the sea from eroding the beaches - this barricade has been broken,. unfortunately the locals and government do not see this.16 years ago there was a green barrier along the back of the whole length of calangute / candolim beaches. it formed the beach toilet and little local piggies were queuing up for lunch. my how things have changed!!!!ps i will vote to stop illegal mining in goa!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by msj5
the illegal mining has been going on in goa for over a decade! very visible from mayem lake many years back. what about the deforestation on the beaches to make way for the shacks and allowing serious erosion of the beaches!soon there will be no beaches to sit on . but will there be anyone to sit on the beaches anyway!so how about a petition to save the beaches of goa? sand dunes and their growth are a natural phenomena to keep the sea from eroding the beaches - this barricade has been broken,. unfortunately the locals and government do not see this.16 years ago there was a green barrier along the back of the whole length of calangute / candolim beaches. it formed the beach toilet and little local piggies were queuing up for lunch. my how things have changed!!!!ps i will vote to stop illegal mining in goa!
Thanks msj5
send it to your friends we can start on a petition for the beaches after i will speak to Eddie
We need to put as much into this petition as we did the last one we had out to our Government about the property issues
GC
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:35 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Thanks msj5
send it to your friends we can start on a petition for the beaches after i will speak to Eddie
We need to put as much into this petition as we did the last one we had out to our Government about the property issues
GC

Whilst I agree on the beach issue, especially Coco Beach - I also think there will be very few FN's sitting on the beach next season. Have really been surprised on those who rent longterm, who are not rebooking now.
as GC says Be careful what you wish for Goa - it seems your wishes are going to coming true
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

oktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant future

signed the petition. just got back after spending a couple of weeks in south goa - i did notice signs of hill cutting on the way from benaulim to palolem but had no idea of the extent of the problem till i saw this video on youtube ..
thanks for bringing this up GC56.

Last edited by oktata; Mar 9th 2010 at 4:45 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by oktata
signed the petition. just got back after spending a couple of weeks in south goa - i did notice signs of hill cutting on the way from benaulim to palolem but had no idea of the extent of the problem till i saw this video on youtube ..
thanks for bringing this up GC56. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq1jdjLnXU
Thanks oktata
I have witnesses this first hand,it breaks your heart to see what they are doing
Please send to all your friends
GC
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

Thought I had read in Goan/Indian press already a ban on licences, mining perhaps aweek ago isn't this petition after the horse has bolted?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:00 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregit
Thought I had read in Goan/Indian press already a ban on licences, mining perhaps aweek ago isn't this petition after the horse has bolted?
Gregit, do you really think that would mean a thing to the b*st*rds on the ground, apart from increasing the amount of bribes they have to pay out?

Besides, what was reported was the suspension of issuing NEW mining licences if I remember rightly.

What has to be borne in mind is that almost all the mining concerns in Goa are owned by the main political families, especially Kamat. They have been making fortunes from them, largely by illegal practices, since before tourism kicked-off in Goa, in fact back to the Portuguese era. They clearly intend to carry on doing so for a long time to come, to them tourism is a transient bonus, no more.

As Milwart said "You can paint a turd any shade of green you like, but it will still be a turd, innit?"
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Hi everyone Eddie has sent this to me and I think we should support this and sign the petition,

Tomorrow, Goan Voice is set to launch a petition against the indiscriminate and uncontrolled mining activities in the State of Goa. I hope that you will join me and be some of the first to sign and also ask your contacts to alert their friends to it. Please sign,this is a a universal appeal and effects us all.What is happening in Goa is wilful damage ,destructive to the environment and heartbreaking.

Please please.please,please sign and send it to all your friends to sign
Eddie and many Goans signed our petition,now we need to sign to give our support to Goa but also to some of our Goan friends in the UK that are fighting this injustice.
Lets show are support to this guy's
Thanks
GC

http://goanvoice.org.uk/miningpetition.php
Have signed this GC. It is heartbreaking to see this destruction to the environment. I have sent it on to as many people connected with Goa as possible.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Mzee
Come folk lets get signing and help Goa and Eddie,he has helped us enough in the past.Send it on to your friends,get them to sign this effects us as well, not just Goa
Please sign now
GC
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

gregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nicegregit is just really nice

Agree with Milwart, does'nt matter what shade of green a turd is a turd
Goa cannot be bothered only for 'CASH' now we think they will worry for 'Green'? this poll will have more foreigners than Goan. I have not researched the mining,political families, but does anybody think that these powerful families give a a toss My point is that it is in the political domain and only hard cash will make change to these 'PEOPLE' on the ground. Not some outside foreingers, or even there own, I include in that uk based Goans who they see have deserted Goa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.