Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Shacks how much longer is Goa staying shut for business?

Shacks how much longer is Goa staying shut for business?

Old Nov 28th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice
Default Re: Shacks how much longer is Goa staying shut for business?

Status quo on shacks to continue
HERALD REPORTER
PANJIM, NOV 27

The status quo ordered by the Supreme Court over allotment of beach shacks will continue for few more days now.
According to information reaching here from New Delhi, the matter fixed for today will now be taken up on December 4.

© M/s Herald Publications Pvt Ltd, P.O.Box 160, Rua San Tome, Panjim-Goa 403001.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I was originally sceptical about the stories that big money/hotels were involved in this, but in just a few weeks they have got a hearing before the Supreme Court - some serious cases take decades to get that far!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Nov 28th 2009, 8:47 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

According to someone on "Hormonal Troubles", they are flat out building shacks on Candolim stretch with extra labour involved to get it done quick, following permission by their MLA.

Any thoughts on this?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:33 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
According to someone on "Hormonal Troubles", they are flat out building shacks on Candolim stretch with extra labour involved to get it done quick, following permission by their MLA.

Any thoughts on this?
Not yesterday morning there weren't in Candolim. Only saw three shacks up by the Leela Palace, one very temporary, and another two further along.
The beach was nearly deserted.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 1:18 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Any thoughts on this?
J5 - please continue to refer to the place in question (as you've done previously on this OR another forum) as 'Candi-linoleum' - I prefer it & it's amusing!

Thanks

H.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:49 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts on this?
Hey Milwart - if you are talking about our dear friend 'hormonal' she was
right - they had the nod 5.00 on Saturday night that they could start building.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 9:55 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
J5 - please continue to refer to the place in question (as you've done previously on this OR another forum) as 'Candi-linoleum' - I prefer it & it's amusing!

Thanks

H.
Always happy to oblige Hem, but I actually called it Candolinium, as in the "Roman" place names, However, much prefer Candylinoleum. A bit topical as my nearest town (whilst staying with Dad) was the home of "the" Linoleum factory, commemorated by the statue shown here;
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2835
Staines is also famous as the home of Ali G, and his famous "Staines Massive", the first of his films being set in and around the town.
As you probably know, despite portraying a "British Asian" he is actually Jewish, Sacha Baren Cohen being his real name, and Staines has always had a largish Jewish community.

Noni,
Not sure who you are referring to on HT? Being very careful what I say at present.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 12:16 am

Always happy to oblige Hem, but I actually called it Candolinium, as in the "Roman" place names, However, much prefer Candylinoleum. A bit topical as my nearest town (whilst staying with Dad) was the home of "the" Linoleum factory, commemorated by the statue shown here;
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2835
Staines is also famous as the home of Ali G, and his famous "Staines Massive", the first of his films being set in and around the town.
As you probably know, despite portraying a "British Asian" he is actually Jewish, Sacha Baren Cohen being his real name, and Staines has always had a largish Jewish community.

Noni,
[COLOR="Red"]Not sure who you are referring to on HT? Being very careful what I say at present.
[/COLO
on the ban list again!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:47 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Hey Milwart - if you are talking about our dear friend 'hormonal' she was
right - they had the nod 5.00 on Saturday night that they could start building.
And there was me thinking that 'Hormonal Troubles' was another code name for 'Holiday Truths' - !!

Dread - initially
x
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
And there was me thinking that 'Hormonal Troubles' was another code name for 'Holiday Truths' - !!

Dread - initially
x
Sorry dread you are right, - I thought he was taking the P........ out of Em
relaxed into Goa mode, until really upset. hope to see you very soon
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by noni
Sorry dread you are right, - I thought he was taking the P........ out of Em
relaxed into Goa mode, until really upset. hope to see you very soon
Why on Earth would I want to do that?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:21 pm

Why on Earth would I want to do that?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Went to asvem yesterday had the best day on the beach for years, S2 good shack, nice food reasonable prices, nice toilets, shower on the beach, no hawkers, sunbeds with shades peace prefect peace !!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 1:58 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Went to asvem yesterday had the best day on the beach for years, S2 good shack, nice food reasonable prices, nice toilets, shower on the beach, no hawkers, sunbeds with shades peace prefect peace !!!!!!
Hi Poppetjay

I'm glad to hear that S2 is open, I always find that a nice shack to use as well. The two guys who own it are decent too - they don't scam people for a start !.!
Is Ankush the masseur still there - one of the few in Goa who has actually properly qualified as a masseur.

The huts you can stay in overnight there are nice as well, very clean and with en suite

Glad to hear you had a great day there.

Dread - liking some good news
x
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

There is a young guy there from Kerela !!! what i liked is they dont pester you and when you want something their there, also like the bowls of clea water beside the sunbeds to wash the sand of your feet nice touch!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.