Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Setting up a restaurant in south Goa

Setting up a restaurant in south Goa

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:04 am
Just Joined

shellycavanagh is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Setting up a restaurant in south Goa

Hi there, would anyone have any information about setting up a small cafe/restaurant in South Goa. Myself and my boyfriend are from the UK/Ireland and are hoping to set up a small bakery in Goa season beginning 2010. We are just starting to look into it and looking for some contacts and informtion if anyone out there can steer us in the right direction. Would be great to get any information to get us started on the right track. Our e mail address is [email]] or you can reply on this tread. Many thanks. Michelle and Rich

Last edited by noni; Mar 24th 2009 at 4:00 am. Reason: sorry shelly, had to delete your email address for security reasons. when you have three posts you can pm people
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: Setting up a restaurant in south Goa

Question - do you have a business visa - without one it will be useless.

Asking any of us on this forum and the answer to you will be - don't do it!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Question - do you have a business visa - without one it will be useless.

Asking any of us on this forum and the answer to you will be - don't do it!!!
Hells bells woman, have you not read anything on this forum. For starters read the thread In Todays Newspapers - number 626 - 'Ingo denied business visa'. This guy has had a business in Goa for over 15 years.
When you have read that plus Buyer Beware we suggest you look elsewhere for somewhere to start your business - unless you want to throw your money down the drain and end up a nervous wreak at best.

Good luck if you must do it - you are going to need all the luck you can get. By the way you won't find too many foreign nationals to sell to! :curse:
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

dj53 is on a distinguished road

I have friends who are doing it on a business visa and its a disaster.

As said before please dont do it, no customers and loads of hassle. And this is a nice place in Benaulim. Some days only 2 or 3 customers.

You cant live this sort of dream no matter what you see or hear.

Regards David
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:03 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj53
I have friends who are doing it on a business visa and its a disaster.

As said before please dont do it, no customers and loads of hassle. And this is a nice place in Benaulim. Some days only 2 or 3 customers.

You cant live this sort of dream no matter what you see or hear.

Regards David
Hi Shelly,

Welcome to the site, ask as many questions as your like and our friends will answer you. Please read Buyer Beware - we are all in the same S*** even those of us who have our Deeds Registered. Save your money, and just come for a holiday - and that, is not what it used to be like.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Shelly,

Welcome to the site, ask as many questions as your like and our friends will answer you. Please read Buyer Beware - we are all in the same S*** even those of us who have our Deeds Registered. Save your money, and just come for a holiday - and that, is not what it used to be like.
welcome shelly, we had the same dream 8 years ago, did it along with lots of others who had the same dream, and regretted every single minute of it, as did all my friends who have since left goa completely, there is far to much anti foriegner here to open anything and it is a lot of wasted money and energy, i'd suggest vietnam or cambodia they actually want the brits there and their business. goa unfortunatley has had its day!!!!its time to move on sadly as we have made lots of good friends here. (well i'm going away for awhile but OH is staying in HOPE of selling the flat see those pigs flying across the beach!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

sunilgoa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

Idea of Setting up a restaurant in south goa is good, but i have seen in past year that the it is better to sit idle .......you don't start any venture in south goa.

you can think to start in north goa. I am also planing to open a beach shake ......and cocktail bar with dj music at night market in goa for next season. As you know it is difficult to start a business by foreigner in goa , if they dont have business visa. So, we can join the hand to start some venture here for next season. These all business depends on your relations............

cheers
TC

Last edited by noni; Apr 1st 2009 at 8:05 am. Reason: please do not put personal detail on thread. When you have made three posts you will be abe to pm and receive pm's
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:11 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunilgoa
Hi ,

Idea of Setting up a restaurant in south goa is good, but i have seen in past year that the it is better to sit idle .......you don't start any venture in south goa.

you can think to start in north goa. I am also planing to open a beach shake ......and cocktail bar with dj music at night market in goa for next season. As you know it is difficult to start a business by foreigner in goa , if they dont have business visa. So, we can join the hand to start some venture here for next season. These all business depends on your relations............

cheers
TC
Hi Sunil,

Are you a FN? if so save your money, you will only loose it in Goa.

Weclome to the site!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Sunil,

Are you a FN? if so save your money, you will only loose it in Goa.

Weclome to the site!

hi noni,

If everybody .....do not want to invest.......than how the goa will be alive......

FN???

Cheers
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

FN is Foreign National - someone who is not born in Indian.

Someone who, for their own sanity, should not invest money Goa either on their own or with a partner.

Sunil tell us how you are going to get the licence for the beach shack next season if you do not have one now - would be interested to find out.

Last edited by emsirrah; Apr 1st 2009 at 9:55 am.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

FN is Foreign National - someone who is not born in Indian.

Someone who, for their own sanity, should not invest money in Goa.
Oh i see,,,,,,,,

how u doing .....are u living in goa now....

cheers
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:06 pm
Nemesis

bellinge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,Sunil,
How will Goa stay alive??? YOUR HAVING A LARF AINT YA !!!!!!
Goa is Terminal,almost deceased, because no one {FNs}will invest in a xenophobic Government that overtly wants Goa for the Goans,but at the expense ,
misery and distress of FNs who have legally purchased houses/land over many.many years,and now face financial ruin,and their future uncertain !!!
Out of interest--who do you think spends most in shacks;hint---not domestic tourists/migrants !!! Please refer to posts re-same.
Good luck whatever you choose to do,but it wil be without FNs.
Perhaps a Goan will ihvest in your venture----sorry im p####ing myself with laughter just writing this.
Yours
B.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Setting up a restaurant in south Goa

Originally Posted by bellinge
Hi,Sunil,
How will Goa stay alive??? YOUR HAVING A LARF AINT YA !!!!!!
Goa is Terminal,almost deceased, because no one {FNs}will invest in a xenophobic Government that overtly wants Goa for the Goans,but at the expense ,
misery and distress of FNs who have legally purchased houses/land over many.many years,and now face financial ruin,and their future uncertain !!!
Out of interest--who do you think spends most in shacks;hint---not domestic tourists/migrants !!! Please refer to posts re-same.
Good luck whatever you choose to do,but it wil be without FNs.
Perhaps a Goan will ihvest in your venture----sorry im p####ing myself with laughter just writing this.
Yours
B.
Hi,

I am also not a goan ........... I have seen the real goan spirit in FN. Inspite of xenophobic Government FN's are still coming to Goa and looking forward to setup something...... but several FN's are buying property and doing hotel and entertainment business in the name of Goans or Migrants.

So, Govt. banned to purchase property by FN's to stop develop of Land Mafia in goa. They want's clean goa as it was in old days.......

So, don't take it negative and keep continue your support to make goa a good destination for dream tourist...........

Cheers
TC
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunilgoa
Hi,

I am also not a goan ........... I have seen the real goan spirit in FN. Inspite of xenophobic Government FN's are still coming to Goa and looking forward to setup something...... but several FN's are buying property and doing hotel and entertainment business in the name of Goans or Migrants.

So, Govt. banned to purchase property by FN's to stop develop of Land Mafia in goa. They want's clean goa as it was in old days.......

So, don't take it negative and keep continue your support to make goa a good destination for dream tourist...........

Cheers
TC

Sunil - you believe what you want to believe like the rest of them out there.
Our support for Goa disappeared a long time ago and the "dream destination" you mention is nothing but a b****y nightmare for us.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Sunil - you believe what you want to believe like the rest of them out there.
Our support for Goa disappeared a long time ago and the "dream destination" you mention is nothing but a b****y nightmare for us.

hi emsirrah,

One thing I want to ask you ...that why the FN more like Goa ........instead ....miami and Ibiza or some other place . If you likes goa a long time ago .......you can't forget the aroma of Goa. From the view of investment and buying prop here is not a ....question to loose the goa form your heart........you have to think goa as a destination ....where the nature live.......thats all my friend.....

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.