Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Setting Up a Business In Goa

Setting Up a Business In Goa

Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:06 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice
Default Re: Setting Up a Business In Goa

Originally Posted by Mrs Brinks Matt
Retiement visa if you are over 50...if not it's posssible to obtain an "education visa" for 1 year,re-newable for 10 i think,you just have to do a few hours Thai lessons a week.
Im over 50 just.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbc
I know Malaysia has a retirement visa scheme, and Sri Lanka has a un realistic one, so I've heard, what has Thailand got?

Malaysia only wants seriously well off people with proof of a very good pension coming in every month and able to buy a property in excess of £100k to qualify for retirement visa!Have a look at MM2H financial requirements.They are also constantly changing the rules. The property criteria was only £50k and they have now doubled it!No country can be trusted!!!!!Oh and wow you can buy a brand new car tax free if you join the MM2H scheme!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:14 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by msj5
Malaysia only wants seriously well off people with proof of a very good pension coming in every month and able to buy a property in excess of £100k to qualify for retirement visa!Have a look at MM2H financial requirements.They are also constantly changing the rules. The property criteria was only £50k and they have now doubled it!No country can be trusted!!!!!Oh and wow you can buy a brand new car tax free if you join the MM2H scheme!
It used to be, just invest a sum of money into a established bank, or show a pension of x amount then you could get the visa, i know you could use this money to buy a property, but never knew that you had to buy a property??.i havnt looked at the MM2H scheme in ages, it must of changed.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
It used to be, just invest a sum of money into a established bank, or show a pension of x amount then you could get the visa, i know you could use this money to buy a property, but never knew that you had to buy a property??.i havnt looked at the MM2H scheme in ages, it must of changed.
Changing the rules would not be a problem if they did not apply them retrospectively. If that was the case in India those of us who bought some years ago would be ok and people buying on five year leases now would also be ok as long as it was a renewable lease so they did not loose their money after the five years.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Why cant and dont India have a retirement visa scheme, like Thailand, Malaysia etc?.
As we on this site all know, we have all bought lots of money to India.
They don't want you and you have brought "nothing" in. India is one of the world's largest economies and could soon be 2nd after China. They don't want my two bob, your two bob or anyone else's.

Last edited by leavinggoa; Oct 14th 2010 at 12:15 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

You don't have to buy a property. You are permitted to buy, but with a minimum limit so that you don't take local stock. When I first looked, it worked out at about 35000sterling. Currently 1MYR is 5. It varies between states but I think Penang is MYR500000.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
You don't have to buy a property. You are permitted to buy, but with a minimum limit so that you don't take local stock. When I first looked, it worked out at about 35000sterling. Currently 1MYR is 5. It varies between states but I think Penang is MYR500000.
So as long as i deposit x amount in a reputable Malaysian bank, with a few other requirements i can rent????, if so thats the way its always been??.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
They don't want you and you have brought "nothing" in. India is one of the world's largest economies and could soon be 2nd after China. They don't want my two bob, your two bob or anyone else's.
Starting to think you are right they dont want us, i was first in Goa in 1981, and believe me, our money might not help India but its made and spoilt Goa.
In 1981 a pushbike was a luxury, never mind the Lamanis the Goans were poor.
Oh well Malaysia gets my vote in the future.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

So as long as i deposit x amount in a reputable Malaysian bank, with a few other requirements i can rent????, if so thats the way its always been??.
I would think most people on here would go for renting.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Setting Up a Business In Goa

Im over 50 just.
I am just, and over 50