Sat Nav In India???

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold
Default Sat Nav In India???

Now that you have all picked yourselves up off of the floor and stopped laughing I will ask the question that you probably surmised I would ask having read 'The Headline'!

Are sat navs available in India? Does anyone have any experience of there accuracy, assuming of course they are available. I am contemplating flying into Delhi and then hireing a car and driving to Goa - Good Idea? Has anybody here tried this? What are the pifalls?

All suggestions welcome!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:10 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sat Nav In India???

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Now that you have all picked yourselves up off of the floor and stopped laughing I will ask the question that you probably surmised I would ask having read 'The Headline'!

Are sat navs available in India? Does anyone have any experience of there accuracy, assuming of course they are available. I am contemplating flying into Delhi and then hireing a car and driving to Goa - Good Idea? Has anybody here tried this? What are the pifalls?

All suggestions welcome!
http://www.gpsinindia.com/
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:45 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear

All suggestions welcome!
Welcome Steve - must say I fell off my chair laughing. Perhaps they do work out in Goa, then you would be having the last laugh - BUT proper road signs (or any) would be an advantage.

Sorry to laugh - but good luck anyway.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Finding directions, at least in Goa and Karnataka, isn't too difficult as the road signs, village names etc are at least in an understandable script.

In southern Maharastra all the signs we came across were in Marathi script only, and the only way we could get directions was to slow down going through each village, shout out the name of the town we wanted and follow the direction most hands pointed us in. I must say it did seem to work, but it's a huge country with lots of unmarked roads.

I'd say, allow plenty of time for your journey...............
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:57 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

In Pernem taluka, away from the touristy coast (where all the signs are in Russian?), the majority of roads signs were in "Marathi script" the last time I was up there...........and thats still Goa!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Havent been able to get accurate sat nav in Spain until relatively recently!! It still wants to send me off the side of a cliff sometimes