Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Recommendations (now they are open)

Restaurant Recommendations (now they are open)

Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Restaurant Recommendations (now they are open)

Instead of which are open can we now do a recommendation list. Just a quick rundown of the menu - where is it - and how much.
My 2
Anand Sagar - near to Sportsman Bar - just after Church in the middle of the road - Udupi Veggie - good value, nice staff if a little lacking in English but willing to help. Nice cheap food.
Tony's Place - Candolim - Opposite the turn off to Panjim. towards the beach 9822167673 -
Never had the Sunday roast but the fish and chips are the best we have ever had in Goa - 180rps - Lots of other food on the menu but can't resist the fish every time we go there. Also open from 9am so will go and have lunch there one day.
We were there tonight and counted 33 people at 8pm and when we came back home lots of other popular places were almost empty,
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:31 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurant Recommendations (now they are open)

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Instead of which are open can we now do a recommendation list. Just a quick rundown of the menu - where is it - and how much.
My 2
Anand Sagar - near to Sportsman Bar - just after Church in the middle of the road - Udupi Veggie - good value, nice staff if a little lacking in English but willing to help. Nice cheap food.
Tony's Place - Candolim - Opposite the turn off to Panjim. towards the beach 9822167673 -
Never had the Sunday roast but the fish and chips are the best we have ever had in Goa - 180rps - Lots of other food on the menu but can't resist the fish every time we go there. Also open from 9am so will go and have lunch there one day.
We were there tonight and counted 33 people at 8pm and when we came back home lots of other popular places were almost empty,

If you want a fab roast dinner, KINDMANS in Baga Road does a beauty, and the portions are huge. About 250 rps, but well worth it. Usually open by now as well. You need to book if you want to go on Sunday evenings as it is well popular. I haven't tried it myself but friends of mine say the fish and Goan dishes are excellent as well.

Dread - hungry now
x
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
If you want a fab roast dinner, KINDMANS in Baga Road does a beauty, and the portions are huge. About 250 rps, but well worth it. Usually open by now as well. You need to book if you want to go on Sunday evenings as it is well popular. I haven't tried it myself but friends of mine say the fish and Goan dishes are excellent as well.

Dread - hungry now
x
Hi
where is it situated, and is it open lunch time on sunday.
thanks.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:05 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leegrand
Hi
where is it situated, and is it open lunch time on sunday.
thanks.
It is on the Baga Road opposite a hotel called Caps Corner. You will see what appears to be an open area of ground, and there is a small handpainted wooden sign with 'Kindmans' painted on it. Look to the right back corner of this ground area and the restaurant is there.

Though tucked away well worth a visit.

I think they are only open evenings, but do check re Sunday lunchtimes. The roast dinners are available every evening. They do a great (and massive) steak in there as well.

If you go there - enjoy your belly busting dinner

Dread - liking good food
x
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

It is on the Baga Road opposite a hotel called Caps Corner. You will see what appears to be an open area of ground, and there is a small handpainted wooden sign with 'Kindmans' painted on it. Look to the right back corner of this ground area and the restaurant is there.

Though tucked away well worth a visit.

I think they are only open evenings, but do check re Sunday lunchtimes. The roast dinners are available every evening. They do a great (and massive) steak in there as well.

If you go there - enjoy your belly busting dinner

Dread - liking good food :

x
Hi Dread,

Have you ever tried the FISH PIE, with the melted cheese and mashed potato on the top at the Rising Waves? Oh boy, it is to die for!

Rising Waves is in Candolim near the Snow White Laundry.

All the other food on their menu is good and is not over priced.

The restaurant is very nice indeed, with comfortable seating and well spaced out tables.

The owner and all the staff take pride.

Well worth a visit here. Enjoy!

Sunglow.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Hi Dread,

Have you ever tried the FISH PIE, with the melted cheese and mashed potato on the top at the Rising Waves? Oh boy, it is to die for!

Rising Waves is in Candolim near the Snow White Laundry.

All the other food on their menu is good and is not over priced.

The restaurant is very nice indeed, with comfortable seating and well spaced out tables.

The owner and all the staff take pride.

Well worth a visit here. Enjoy!

Sunglow.

Hi Sunglow

Thanks - One I shall put on my list to eat at - sounds lovely !

Dread - more food...yum
x
Old Nov 7th 2009, 3:26 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunglow

Thanks - One I shall put on my list to eat at - sounds lovely !

Dread - more food...yum
x
Dread this is where we were taking you! It has brilliant steaks when you are fed up on curry. You have to book or be there by 7.30 - any later and you sit all night waiting for your food. Unless they have speeded up this season.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by noni
Dread this is where we were taking you! It has brilliant steaks when you are fed up on curry. You have to book or be there by 7.30 - any later and you sit all night waiting for your food. Unless they have speeded up this season.
Noni

Look forward to it - sounds yummy

Dread - the carnivore !

x
Old Nov 8th 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice

Finally back on line! after mega electricity problems. A new and really good restaurant in the South Is the Pier by the Sal. It is in Mobor behind Bettys Place next to the river. The owner of Betty's is involved with it. The food is continental, excellent quality and very reasonable prices considering the quality.

Starters - Good selection such as Greek salad, Arabic Mezzo Platter (pitta bread and dips, Houmos to die for!) Mains- Herb crusted chicken, chicken breast, steak, pork chops all with choice of veg and sauces. Rosmary potatoes and stuffed tomatoes are great. Sweets - interesting selection but I havn't made it to the sweets yet. Great Bloody Mary - If you want to leave vertically don't have more than 1!
Price around 280 for main course. Very pretty place nice to be on the river. It is open for lunch and dinner. Lunch time it is a good idea to eat on the boat which they use as an extention 'cos its cooler. This restaurant is better than some 5 star hotels and the prices are alot, lot cheaper.

Happy eating,

r
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Joes "Riverview" Cavelossim ( behind Old Anchor)

I hear "Gentleman" Joe has relocated and is now Joe's "Rivercove" on the Cavelossim to Assolna, Ferry Road.

For anyone that doesn't know Joe he is an absolute Gent, great food, service, staff, prices and keeps his place spotless

K-C