Pound dropping !

Old Oct 4th 2014, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pound dropping !

I wish we could get it cheaper here as Im dreading a harsh winter coming on.
Old Oct 4th 2014, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Pound dropping !

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
The truth is you can get natural gas cheaper from Russian pipelines than from American or any other LNG. LNG isn't cheap.
Not if you put sanctions on them.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Paul.W is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi coming over to Goa on Thursday, whats the exchange rate at the moment ?

cheers Paul
Old Nov 16th 2014, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

around ₹97 to the pound.

AndyD
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
around ₹97 to the pound.

AndyD
Indian economy improving. Modi a great success in Australia.

Relations with India top priority, David Cameron tells Modi - The Times of India *

http://www.business-standard.com/art...1800850_1.html

*Doesn't look 'at ease' in a suit!!
Old Nov 18th 2014, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

The change in exchange rate does not seem to be linked to the Modi phenomenon. It had dropped from around ₹80 to the £ some months before the elections and has shown only seasonal variations since.
The stock market is up around 25% in Rupee terms but only a few % in £/$ terms. All that can be said for certain is that there has been a modest increase in international terms since the election.

AndyD
Old Nov 19th 2014, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

It wont last already they are taxing remittances from POIs at 12.7%. The Indian economy is desperate for foreign exchange largely due to heavy borrowings from the USA and the need to pay 180 Million dollars a day for oil and gas imports.The long awaited pipe lines from central Asia and Iran are really just pipe dreams at the moment.Modi needs the money to modernize and returning black money is part of the problem.I do not envy his work load and the problems he faces.Personally i do not like the man but i admire his determination to get something done about the perennial problem of cheating and fiddling in India...
Old Nov 19th 2014, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
It wont last already they are taxing remittances from POIs at 12.7%. The Indian economy is desperate for foreign exchange largely due to heavy borrowings from the USA and the need to pay 180 Million dollars a day for oil and gas imports.The long awaited pipe lines from central Asia and Iran are really just pipe dreams at the moment.Modi needs the money to modernize and returning black money is part of the problem.I do not envy his work load and the problems he faces.Personally i do not like the man but i admire his determination to get something done about the perennial problem of cheating and fiddling in India...
Have you met him???
Old Nov 19th 2014, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Dollar is rising on unwinding of quantative easing. That's it.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dollar is rising on unwinding of quantative easing
and Japans introduction of QE -
That's (some of) it.

AndyD 8-)
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bipat
Have you met him???
No im very particular who i associate with and that includes BJP/RSS gangsters and mass murderers from Gujarat.....
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No im very particular who i associate with and that includes BJP/RSS gangsters and mass murderers from Gujarat.....
As I have said before; you are obsessed with the RSS!!! Are you mixing them up with the ultra far right parties???

Why do you believe Congress propaganda that Modi did nothing to stop the riots but presumably don't believe that the Government failed to send the army when help was asked for??

I don't know the truth but if you do (as I have also said before) why did you not present your evidence to the Supreme Court?

Anyway the majority of the population voted for the PM (including a substantial number of Muslim people), are you saying they were wrong and should have kept Congress in power?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

No both parties are as bad as each other when it comes to lining their individual pockets and running up criminal cases against them.No thats not quite true the BJP currently hold the record for MPs with pending cases before the courts. Its very very rare in India to come across an MP who is with stain or blame on his character. Politics in India stinks of vote bank politics, ballot stuffing and outright violence because in India politics is all about making money not public service for the common good.As a point in reference why is it OK for Indian individuals to be able to buy properties in the UK without restrictions and an impossibility for UK citizens for the same rights ? And do not lecture me on the RSS as a fossilized party of old has beens. Thats absolute rubbish and you know it...The RSS are the brains behind the BJP, they created it. Modi is RSS down to his brown knickers and socks.The only difference between Hitler and Modi is that Hitler need a Goebels to sell him to the German public, Modi uses the internet and a servile frightened Indian press to kowtow to his every whish or they get their presses smashed and journalists beaten up. Even the judiciary run scared from his goons.Hes a fascist pure and simple and as for Muslims voting for him, well that comes right back to my first statement there is not that much difference between Congress or the BJP when it comes to the common man so what do yoou do with your vote ? Take it out to your favourite spot in the fields and wipe your bottom with it ?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No both parties are as bad as each other when it comes to lining their individual pockets and running up criminal cases against them.No thats not quite true the BJP currently hold the record for MPs with pending cases before the courts. Its very very rare in India to come across an MP who is with stain or blame on his character. Politics in India stinks of vote bank politics, ballot stuffing and outright violence because in India politics is all about making money not public service for the common good.As a point in reference why is it OK for Indian individuals to be able to buy properties in the UK without restrictions and an impossibility for UK citizens for the same rights ? And do not lecture me on the RSS as a fossilized party of old has beens. Thats absolute rubbish and you know it...The RSS are the brains behind the BJP, they created it. Modi is RSS down to his brown knickers and socks.The only difference between Hitler and Modi is that Hitler need a Goebels to sell him to the German public, Modi uses the internet and a servile frightened Indian press to kowtow to his every whish or they get their presses smashed and journalists beaten up. Even the judiciary run scared from his goons.Hes a fascist pure and simple and as for Muslims voting for him, well that comes right back to my first statement there is not that much difference between Congress or the BJP when it comes to the common man so what do yoou do with your vote ? Take it out to your favourite spot in the fields and wipe your bottom with it ?

PJ, have you not realised that a common hobby among politicians is to bring cases against the opposition??? Particularly when an election is imminent??

The BJP have never had a TV station or newspaper of note funded on their behalf, that is the province of Congress. BJP did not have their wealth.

The majority of my relatives voted for BJP this time, none of them are frightened and certainly not servile

What evidence have you that Modi is a fascist?? Could you explain?

Regarding buying of property why should it be of any consequence what another country does?? All countries of the world have their own laws regarding property.
If it is so terrible as you keep going on about, why do they want to go there?? Just go for the sun and sand and little servant people, get what you can out of it and go home to UK?? *

A question for you-- All agree that the bureaucracy and corruption is terrible in India, (Modi is doing something about it hopefully), why should it be different for foreign expats??? Do you think/expect they should have special good treatment different to that which local people suffer and particularly with property problems??

*I know most expats do not think like that; I wish more of them would join in here, and discussions about something else other than beaches.

Last edited by Bipat; Nov 21st 2014 at 11:23 am.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

No expect to be treated like i treat visitors to this country with politeness and civility, not outright arrogance and hostility which some sections of Indian society treat the English in India.In every other country that has left the old empire there is no hostility at all except India.I have traveled in nearly every state in the country and when ever i meet Indian middle class people it always comes up...The British Raj period and why India is so backward in comparison to other Asian countries, it must be the British who caused this.Not Nehru and the License Raj period, not venal greedy lying politicians who have been milking the country dry for over 68 years....the depth of India's hypocrisy is breathtaking at times.Its quite OK to export as much of the educated population as possible because it generates remittances and all countries need hard cash.But to allow others in...no this is a Hindu nation now.The whole concept of Hindutva is rubbish because the indigenous peoples of India are tribals and most of them are not Hindus but animists......I could go on all day but in the end it comes down blatant down right bulls**t. I have had more down to earth conversations with railway porters about the state of India than so the so-called intelligentsia. Im going to a wedding in April, i think, in Delhi.It will have some very influential people in attendance but it always happens.What did you study, History,well you must be very aware of what the British did here...blah blah blah.Not my fault i wasnt even born then !And i had to pay £92 to get into this picture show too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.