Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Pan Card..Income Tax India

Pan Card..Income Tax India

Old Jul 27th 2012, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pan Card..Income Tax India

Quite interesting reading what you need a PAN card for...

http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/home.asp#
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pan Card..Income Tax India

Originally Posted by msj5
Quite interesting reading what you need a PAN card for...

http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/home.asp#
Read it. Looks like I need a PAN card!
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k800mer
Read it. Looks like I need a PAN card!
I think the req'd docs have changed since I got one - it's now a real Catch22:

If you haven't got a RP you need a bank statement as proof of address; you need a PAN card to open a bank account!!!
(and no mention of Aardhaar which is supposed too be the one-size-fits-all Id & address proof).

AndyD 8-)

Last edited by a_f_d; Aug 3rd 2012 at 8:05 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I think the req'd docs have changed since I got one - it's now a real Catch22:

If you haven't got a RP you need a bank statement as proof of address; you need a PAN card to open a bank account!!!
(and no mention of Aardhaar which is supposed too be the one-size-fits-all Id & address proof).

AndyD 8-)
I have had a bank account for over 10 years, I also have an investment account which is why I think I need a PAN card but, like the gas book I could not get, I expect the colour of my skin is wrong. When someone from the bank phoned me up several years ago and asked if I would like to put some of my money into an investment account @8% interest I just said yes, she could not see the colour of my skin and she did not ask if I was Indian.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by k800mer
I have had a bank account for over 10 years, I also have an investment account which is why I think I need a PAN card but, like the gas book I could not get, I expect the colour of my skin is wrong. When someone from the bank phoned me up several years ago and asked if I would like to put some of my money into an investment account @8% interest I just said yes, she could not see the colour of my skin and she did not ask if I was Indian.
I don`t have a RP ,but I do have a savings account, a PAN card and now a fixed deposit so today I picked up my domestic debit card!!!

All based on the fact that I spend more than 183 days in each tax year in the country!