Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

New rules for FRRO Panjim from 10/7/14

New rules for FRRO Panjim from 10/7/14

Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default New rules for FRRO Panjim from 10/7/14

http://www.navhindtimes.in/?p=57067

Visits by online appointment only and all hotels and guest houses and landlords to register to do online "C" forms.

Last edited by msj5; Jul 5th 2014 at 3:23 am.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New rules for FRRO Panjim from 10/7/14

Originally Posted by msj5
http://www.navhindtimes.in/?p=57067

Visits by online appointment only and all hotels and guest houses and landlords to register to do online "C" forms.
That's interesting reading so thank you for that. I have informed our site manager as we all usually just hand in our forms when we arrive but we are not a hotel or guest house! I think this means a lot of people will just not bother to register now. Thank you for letting us know.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New rules for FRRO Panjim from 10/7/14

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
That's interesting reading so thank you for that. I have informed our site manager as we all usually just hand in our forms when we arrive but we are not a hotel or guest house! I think this means a lot of people will just not bother to register now. Thank you for letting us know.
I just took a Form C to the local police station and it was refused. He said it had to be done online. As I am not a commercial establishment, I'm not bothering to register until they nick me and explain how I should do it.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

This has been chewed over at length on various forums: if you are staying in your own property or that of friends/family you do not need to fill in Form C and never have had to.
If it's your own property then you should, of course (!) be on an 'X' visa, and should register with the FR[R]O if you plan to stay for more than 180 days.

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 9th 2014, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
This has been chewed over at length on various forums: if you are staying in your own property or that of friends/family you do not need to fill in Form C and never have had to.
If it's your own property then you should, of course (!) be on an 'X' visa, and should register with the FR[R]O if you plan to stay for more than 180 days.

AndyD 8-)
The big "if". Is it mine or not? I'm somewhere in the middle on an Agreement of Sale.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
The big "if". Is it mine or not? I'm somewhere in the middle on an Agreement of Sale.
VFS UK (quoting MHA) say "A tourist visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India..." - note 'have' not 'own' - so that covers AforS and leases etc.

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

VFS UK (quoting MHA) say "A tourist visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India..." - note 'have' not 'own' - so that covers AforS and leases etc.

AndyD 8-)
Residence being somewhere to live rather than to be a resident?? What is A for S and leases mean please? If you have a lease then what visa should you be getting then? Thanks..
Old Aug 14th 2014, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Residence - somewhere you reside/live/abide (your abode)
AforS Agreement for Sale - see #5
If you have a residence in India you should be on an X visa (haven't we discussed this before?)

AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 15th 2014, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Residence - somewhere you reside/live/abide (your abode)
AforS Agreement for Sale - see #5
If you have a residence in India you should be on an X visa (haven't we discussed this before?)

AndyD 8-)
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Aug 16th 2014, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msj5
FRRO launch IVFRT online services - The Navhind Times

Here is the online form for what it is worth.
Form C|Bureau of immigration India