Money Exchange

Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:50 am
Banned

benaulimsteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Money Exchange

Why when i arrive the rate drops right down?
Still a better rate than ive got for a few years.
The prices all seemed to have jumped up again
this season, when will it ever stop.
Enjoy.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:35 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Exchange

Originally Posted by benaulimsteve
Why when i arrive the rate drops right down?
Still a better rate than ive got for a few years.
The prices all seemed to have jumped up again
this season, when will it ever stop.
Enjoy.
What do you expect ? It is India !

Dread - x
Old Oct 12th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

majorda_buyer is on a distinguished road

I felt the same when I got there it dropped within days due to the start of peak season.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:06 pm
Banned

Patchsidhu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by majorda_buyer
I felt the same when I got there it dropped within days due to the start of peak season.
Hi
Do what I do send it to my account in Goa, when the rate is a lot higher in the monsoon season. It was 88/89 rupees to the pound a couple of months back now 84/85.
Cheers
Patchsidhu
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Rupee has weakened a little bit again so exchange now up to 86.16.....hope it stays there or goes up a bit more in time for mine reaching India!!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Todays papers showing the rupee at 89.09!!

I wonder if it will hit 90?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by msj5
Todays papers showing the rupee at 89.09!!

I wonder if it will hit 90?
probably not, RBI will step in and buy dollars then print rupees to pay the FE bill - and stoke up inflation.

AndyD 8-)
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I got 88 last night and im changing the lot today before it nose dives or before Sterling becomes Cameron Paper
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:47 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Money Exchange

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
I got 88 last night and im changing the lot today before it nose dives or before Sterling becomes Cameron Paper
Looks like being a good move as according to the currencies page on the BBC website the pound has dropped 1.33 Rupees or 1.49% today alone.

H.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

changed money yesterday at Western Union in Calingute and the 50,000 bundle in 500s contained 53,500.First time ever for me in 24 years changing money in India.Usually its 500 to a 1000 short.Kebab and beers for every one please.Calingute looking more and more like Las Vegas in the 50s...!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know what the exchange rate is at present - the official rate. The Forex rate is currently 88.66 but that is the business rate, the tourist rate is usually lower.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Got 88.40 yesterday at Arson Shoes in Calingute.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Got 88.40 yesterday at Arson Shoes in Calingute.
Thanks, it is holding up well. I did consider sending funds to my Indian bank account earlier in the year as the rate has been so good but I got charged so much last time by another Indian bank that the money apparently had to be transferred through that it puts me off. Carrying enough cash for three months is a bit risky though.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k800mer
Thanks, it is holding up well. I did consider sending funds to my Indian bank account earlier in the year as the rate has been so good but I got charged so much last time by another Indian bank that the money apparently had to be transferred through that it puts me off. Carrying enough cash for three months is a bit risky though.
money2India.com
but you should be able to transfer to your Indian account.

The High St. prices are amazingly close to the commercial rate at the moment - I guess a lot of black money is leaving India.

AndyD 8-)
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:36 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Western Onion is charging a flat rate of £3 for up to £700 transfer from UK to India.

If you are wondering about the weird figures, its a rough conversion of $5 for $1000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.