THE MEETING.

Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice
Default THE MEETING.

1330, and not a single comment on the meeting. How sad, but indicative of the result. Nowt, zilch, zero.

Anyone who attended the previous three meetings are as well informed as attendees last night.

God save us.

Davie.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice
Default Re: THE MEETING.

You've hit the nail on the head, Davie!

Cheers
Iain a.k.a. Speechless in Goa
Old Dec 14th 2010, 1:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iain492001
You've hit the nail on the head, Davie!

Cheers
Iain a.k.a. Speechless in Goa
Unfortunately what is there to say, any different from the other meetings,
BHC have made 3 appointments with the Chief Minister, one was yesterday and the Chief Minister failed to attend yet again.
They have met with a Senior Official twice, he has undertaken to do his best to look at the property situation!

BHI are waiting a reply from the Ministry of Home afairs, re visa problems.

BHI have spoken to different lawyers in Goa - we would all like to see who these lawyers were.

One person asked for the press to be there next time.

I believe the BHI Consular was taken aback by all that he heard, I don't honestly think that they know exactly what we are going through, as some of the questions thrown at them they had no idea how to answer

In all fairness to them, they have an uphill struggle with the HCI.
I will leave Andy to fill you in with the finer details.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: THE MEETING.

Originally Posted by davidhendry
1330, and not a single comment on the meeting. How sad, but indicative of the result. Nowt, zilch, zero.

Anyone who attended the previous three meetings are as well informed as attendees last night.

God save us.

Davie.
I was looking forward to hearing about the meeting but as you say nothing...what happened? Can anyone report back please?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:14 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
I was looking forward to hearing about the meeting but as you say nothing...what happened? Can anyone report back please?
I thought Andy would have given you all an update, as he is so eloquent and has all the details correct.

What else I remember is that if you know of any UK company advertising properties for sale in Goa report them to the Business Standards or BCI as they will be investigated for fraud. The BCI sent people around the last
property exhibition in the UK.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Looks like we'll have to wait for wikileaks for a report on the meeting.

As one of the many who was unable to attend, thank you all so f*****g much for your resounding silence. Much appreciated.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:52 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babu1

As one of the many who was unable to attend, thank you all so f*****g much for your resounding silence. Much appreciated.
Fully endorse your sentiments Babu.

Its not the way to maintain support from those who have given it all along, even though they are not up sh*t creek with a property.

Not really surprising though, it has been like getting blood out of a stone after most of these pointless meetings anyway.

Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:06 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

What else I remember is that if you know of any UK company advertising properties for sale in Goa report them to the Business Standards or BCI as they will be investigated for fraud. The BCI sent people around the last
property exhibition in the UK.
Cant see how this can be applied though, unless I am much mistaken, there appear to be one or two British citizens of Indian origin around, most of whom are perfectly welcome and able to waste their money on property in Zimbabwe-on-Sea...............
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by johnny five
Cant see how this can be applied though, unless I am much mistaken, there appear to be one or two British citizens of Indian origin around, most of whom are perfectly welcome and able to waste their money on property in Zimbabwe-on-Sea...............
Thanks boys, you know I have a problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thought Andy would have helped out as requested, there were another 100 people there who could contribute, some are peepers who we all recognised and others who could contribute. why don't the peepers join, they certainly lap up our knowledge.

Last edited by noni; Dec 15th 2010 at 4:47 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:37 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Re: THE MEETING.

Well said. Knowledge is power & choosing when to share the knowledge must do something for an individual's sense of power, self importance, ego or a combination of all three. . . . . . . .

As i'm not in goa yet, I couldn't attend either.

H.

Last edited by hemingway; Dec 15th 2010 at 4:39 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously there was nothing to report so those of us who were unable to attend havent missed anything or else the meeting was a resounding success and those who did attend are still wallowing in the wonder of it all!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Obviously there was nothing to report so those of us who were unable to attend havent missed anything or else the meeting was a resounding success and those who did attend are still wallowing in the wonder of it all!

Hi to all not at the meeting,

I can understand your frustration and anger re; feedback,. I too thought that Andy was going to give a full account and then any one else add to it as required. Maybe he has computer/electricity problems as one often experiences here.

Actually, Noni has given pretty much the gist of the meeting.

I didn’t take notes so I can only provide an outline of the meeting as I remember it.

Peter Beckhenham said right at the start that he did not think we would leave the meeting feeling that there had been much positive progression. He and Simon indicated that they were working behind the scenes as much as they could, but, progress would be slow.

They have asked for clarifications re; types of visa and also about the provision of longer term visas.

They have also been working through Pro Formas and requested people to send more for them to present to Kishore. They thought Kishore was fair (or something similar).

There have continued to be difficulties with the BHCI diplomats meeting the Chief Minister of Goa.

I guess he was inaugurating something as Guest of honor or praying for an increased vote bank. (My words not BHCI !!!!).

BHCI have been consulting lawyers and said there were ambiguities in the interpretation of FEMA.

Questions – As I do not detailed notes for reference I will briefly touch on the questions for fear of misrepresenting the questioner/s

Questions were raised re; the 182 days required to purchase property in Goa. It seems to have changed from residing for 182 days in one financial year, to having to be completed on a single visa.

BHCI were asked to look at the issues faced by lease holders.

It was asked whether the UK Govt could go to court on behalf of UK citizens to clarify FEMA. The answer was basically no.

It was asked whether the BHCI were aware that many people who did not have Final Deeds but Agreements of sale and leases were a large group experiencing difficulties.

It was also asked how much support The BHCI could give and the parameters of that support.

A few people voiced their quite harrowing experiences in buying property in Goa. These experiences appeared to shock the BHCI panel.

I know it’s a bit sketchy but It is just an outline. I understand everyones frustrations and there is not a lot of change. The BHCI are doing their best they can I think within the context of India.

r
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ruskin
Hi to all not at the meeting,

I can understand your frustration and anger re; feedback,. I too thought that Andy was going to give a full account and then any one else add to it as required. Maybe he has computer/electricity problems as one often experiences here.

Actually, Noni has given pretty much the gist of the meeting.

I didn’t take notes so I can only provide an outline of the meeting as I remember it.

Peter Beckhenham said right at the start that he did not think we would leave the meeting feeling that there had been much positive progression. He and Simon indicated that they were working behind the scenes as much as they could, but, progress would be slow.

They have asked for clarifications re; types of visa and also about the provision of longer term visas.

They have also been working through Pro Formas and requested people to send more for them to present to Kishore. They thought Kishore was fair (or something similar).

There have continued to be difficulties with the BHCI diplomats meeting the Chief Minister of Goa.

I guess he was inaugurating something as Guest of honor or praying for an increased vote bank. (My words not BHCI !!!!).

BHCI have been consulting lawyers and said there were ambiguities in the interpretation of FEMA.

Questions – As I do not detailed notes for reference I will briefly touch on the questions for fear of misrepresenting the questioner/s

Questions were raised re; the 182 days required to purchase property in Goa. It seems to have changed from residing for 182 days in one financial year, to having to be completed on a single visa.

BHCI were asked to look at the issues faced by lease holders.

It was asked whether the UK Govt could go to court on behalf of UK citizens to clarify FEMA. The answer was basically no.

It was asked whether the BHCI were aware that many people who did not have Final Deeds but Agreements of sale and leases were a large group experiencing difficulties.

It was also asked how much support The BHCI could give and the parameters of that support.

A few people voiced their quite harrowing experiences in buying property in Goa. These experiences appeared to shock the BHCI panel.

I know it’s a bit sketchy but It is just an outline. I understand everyones frustrations and there is not a lot of change. The BHCI are doing their best they can I think within the context of India.

r
Thank you thats well appreciated...even if the news is not that wonderful!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

I fully understand your frustration.

I wont attend another. My attention waned after two minutes, after being told there were no developments from previous meetings. Then to be told Kamat had given our rep. a body swerve. This said it all for me and my thoughts turned to the drinking time I was wasting.

I'm sure no one is holding back info., as has been suggested.

Davie.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:16 am
Banned

Ruskin, thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.