The Meeting

Old Oct 24th 2009, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Thumbs up The Meeting

Hi Folks theres seems to be alot of comments over this meeting so i will put your minds at rest and stop the fuss we need to remain united on this and if we dont we may aswell give up right now!!!!
The meeting started with Vicky underlining the problems that have been addressed to her and her staff, these we are clear on already from the vast array of posts on expats.
She cannot say a definiate yes or no to anything as she needs to collate all the information from everyone before putting it infront of the government here in goa and india.
The floor was then opened for questions, once again the questions that were asked were the ones everyone has been asking for over 2 years on here: can the goan government change the rules, can we repatriate our money, what about harrassment, discrimination visas, the only answers she could give on the visa situation is that india can choose who they want in their country!!! its down to them if they only want us for 6 months but..... she will be looking into the matter of extensions. One suggestion she had was for those who have business out here to contact the industry minister and tell him about your investment into the country may do some good!!!!!and may help the visa problems
At this present time until she gets all the information she needs to fight the battle she cant give us answers but the plan is coming together and with everyone EVERYONES help the plan can hopefully be excecuted.
Many people came away disappointed as they expected clear cut answers but that cannot be expected right away let the lady and her staff team get the information they need and hopefully by december when the next meeting is due things will look alot clearer for her and us.
Please remember we are all in this together(some more than others) rome wasnt built in a day !!! and weve waited long enough now so a little longer wont hurt atleast there is a little light at the end of this very long tunnel.
pj
Old Oct 24th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Meeting

Thank you
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:27 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Land-holding Britons being harassed, says top British official

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes....ow/5155492.cms

Thanks for your input Poppetjay - just found this also.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni

Hi Noni,

Thanks for posting the long awaited link.

Its interesting though to read about the three categories that Vicky refers to.
This makes me think that because of this every case will have to be looked at individually and not collectively. Maybe this is what the D of E is doing?

I dont think there is going to be any sort of overall amnesty for FN property purchasers...this will take time folks as each case is studied however there is a very strong case for those that where misinformed by Goan Lawyers and can prove this. At least the meeting moves things forward.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

This is a really well written piece. It brings together all of the categories of 'buyers' and suggests possible ways of dealing with the problem. This is the first time I have seen anything in the public domain that hints at a resolution of the issues. I feel very positive having read this - but still a little pessimistic. Early days but a good start and as PJ says 'light at the end of a very long tunnel".
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Poppetjay, Thank you for the update on the meeting. This is all I needed to see.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Hi Folks theres seems to be alot of comments over this meeting so i will put your minds at rest and stop the fuss we need to remain united on this and if we dont we may aswell give up right now!!!!
The meeting started with Vicky underlining the problems that have been addressed to her and her staff, these we are clear on already from the vast array of posts on expats.
She cannot say a definiate yes or no to anything as she needs to collate all the information from everyone before putting it infront of the government here in goa and india.
The floor was then opened for questions, once again the questions that were asked were the ones everyone has been asking for over 2 years on here: can the goan government change the rules, can we repatriate our money, what about harrassment, discrimination visas, the only answers she could give on the visa situation is that india can choose who they want in their country!!! its down to them if they only want us for 6 months but..... she will be looking into the matter of extensions. One suggestion she had was for those who have business out here to contact the industry minister and tell him about your investment into the country may do some good!!!!!and may help the visa problems
At this present time until she gets all the information she needs to fight the battle she cant give us answers but the plan is coming together and with everyone EVERYONES help the plan can hopefully be excecuted.
Many people came away disappointed as they expected clear cut answers but that cannot be expected right away let the lady and her staff team get the information they need and hopefully by december when the next meeting is due things will look alot clearer for her and us.
Please remember we are all in this together(some more than others) rome wasnt built in a day !!! and weve waited long enough now so a little longer wont hurt atleast there is a little light at the end of this very long tunnel.
pj

Thanks again poppetjay
I support you 100% on comming together and getting your stories to them can someone post the link again.Also on the poll on BE and PM your story to Lewis
I am also very possitive and it looks like the pro-active effort of some of us on BE is now finally paying off
Stop peeping and give your story this is our chance together we will win divided we fall
GC
Old Oct 24th 2009, 4:24 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Thanks again poppetjay
I support you 100% on comming together and getting your stories to them can someone post the link again.Also on the poll on BE and PM your story to Lewis
I am also very possitive and it looks like the pro-active effort of some of us on BE is now finally paying off
Stop peeping and give your story this is our chance together we will win divided we fall
GC
Goacrazy - Poppet is a good friend, who has been away for approx 6 monts + and will always give us what is happening in on the ground a truthful way. She does not add to the situation or take anything from it.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 5:42 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Poppetjay for giving us the (small amount) of information we were asking for, innit?
Old Oct 25th 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

goa utd is on a distinguished road

Thanks Poppetjay - it was good to read a report on the meeting.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Thanks Poppetjay - that is very helpful
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:55 pm

received from a member.

It seems the British Deputy High Commission prefers to get its publicity from 'upmarket' market newspapers like 'The Times of India' and not from daily local Goan rags like Herald. Otherwise, why would they tell us they don't want publicity, and then give The Times the run of the meeting and a personal interview with the Deupty High Commissioner?

Please take it up with them, because if they want support from Goans, The Times is not the place they should be going to.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

received from a member.

It seems the British Deputy High Commission prefers to get its publicity from 'upmarket' market newspapers like 'The Times of India' and not from daily local Goan rags like Herald. Otherwise, why would they tell us they don't want publicity, and then give The Times the run of the meeting and a personal interview with the Deupty High Commissioner?

Please take it up with them, because if they want support from Goans, The Times is not the place they should be going to.
Hi Noni & all,

I take it this quote is from The H***** newspaper itself ?

I personally happen to agree with it as how many Goans read TOI as opposed to The H***** ?

We want to expose our story to the mass market not the minority market

K-C
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Hi Noni & all,

I take it this quote is from The H***** newspaper itself ?

I personally happen to agree with it as how many Goans read TOI as opposed to The H***** ?

We want to expose our story to the mass market not the minority market

K-C
K-C I'm not quiet sure what you are agreeing to here???
Perhaps you should have a word with the BHC not to give her story to a paper that cover the whole of Indian in the future (ToI) but to give it to the local rag in Goa.
It is the rest of the India and the world that we are trying to get attention from not Goa.
Goa knows what is going on and how we are being treated.

I repeat we will do no good with this until it gets out of Goa so for me the (ToI) was a far better better choice than a local rag that is told what it can and can't write by the Government
GC

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Oct 26th 2009 at 6:35 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 9:36 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
K-C I'm not quiet sure what you are agreeing to here???
Perhaps you should have a word with the BHC not to give her story to a paper that cover the whole of Indian in the future (ToI) but to give it to the local rag in Goa.
It is the rest of the India and the world that we are trying to get attention from not Goa.
Goa knows what is going on and how we are being treated.

I repeat we will do no good with this until it gets out of Goa so for me the (ToI) was a far better better choice than a local rag that is told what it can and can't write by the Government
GC

Good point GC. We also want to utilise the British press as well.

Dread
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.