LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Old Jul 28th 2012, 7:55 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

What did you think of the opening ceremony?
Old Jul 28th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Originally Posted by noni
What did you think of the opening ceremony?
I`ll let you know when i`ve watched it later. Was too late to watch it live here.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:03 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Stars of the Show - The Queen, and Mr. Bean! lighting of the torch
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:26 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Grudgingly turned it on with a great degree of pessimism (nothing new there then?)

And..................

Fantastic show, always exciting with many periods of sheer brilliance, Loved almost every minute of it. Danny Boyle created something really different and deserves full credit for it.

Wonderful performances by Mike Oldfield, Emilie Sande, Dizzy Rascal (yes), Brannagh, and many others,

Shame about Macartney........ well past his sell-by date, pipe and slippers time.

Shame about cost too. At least in UK you can be reasonably sure it went into the event not organisers pockets.

Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:41 am

The gorgeous Rhossilli beach, proud to be welsh.

Agree about the old Beatle, like the rest of the oldies in the Jubilee concert.

Last edited by noni; Jul 28th 2012 at 8:43 am.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Grudgingly turned it on with a great degree of pessimism (nothing new there then?)

And..................

Fantastic show, always exciting with many periods of sheer brilliance, Loved almost every minute of it. Danny Boyle created something really different and deserves full credit for it.

Wonderful performances by Mike Oldfield, Emilie Sande, Dizzy Rascal (yes), Brannagh, and many others,

Shame about Macartney........ well past his sell-by date, pipe and slippers time.

Shame about cost too. At least in UK you can be reasonably sure it went into the event not organisers pockets.

Totally agree...Mind blowing spectacular and if they had included cricket perhaps Sir Mick Jagger might have attended instead of the Veggie Macca Burger.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
The gorgeous Rhossilli beach, proud to be welsh.

Agree about the old Beatle, like the rest of the oldies in the Jubilee concert.
Thought the whole event was absolutely great, but so what if some were oldies or less than perfect, thats how we are.
Yes loved Mr Bean (and that old fat corgi!!)
Old Jul 28th 2012, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by msj5
I`ll let you know when i`ve watched it later. Was too late to watch it live here.
Sadly Tatasky + ended the recording during Seb Coe`s speech so never got to see the lighting of the Torch and whatever followed on from the speech.

I enjoyed some of what i saw and agree it was beautifully put together but not too sure what the population around the World would have thought of a lot of it.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 5:15 pm

Sadly Tatasky + ended the recording during Seb Coe`s speech so never got to see the lighting of the Torch and whatever followed on from the speech.

I enjoyed some of what i saw and agree it was beautifully put together but not too sure what the population around the World would have thought of a lot of it.
Try You tube!
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

I made sure that i taped the programe afterwards,so got all the Olympic ceremony !!

John
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:06 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it was absolutely brilliant and full of surprises which were well kept as secrets. Also some real British humour came through which was good to see.

Paul McCartney was absolutely crap as usual - out of tune and really ruined the ending - I reckon they should have got Elton John there, or even The Clash doing "London Calling" which would have been superb.

One thing I really liked was the remembrance of those who were killed in the 7/7 bombings which occurred on the day following the naming of London as 2012 hosts - and the showing of their pictures, as well as those British killed in the 9/11. May all those innocent victims rest in peace.

However one thing struck me as out of sync - WTF was everything announced in French first and English second - when it was in London ie the Capital of England !!! Outrageous !

Dread - x

Last edited by Sue; Jul 31st 2012 at 11:36 am. Reason: Comment removed.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 3:34 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Thought it was absolutely brilliant and full of surprises which were well kept as secrets. Also some real British humour came through which was good to see.

Paul McCartney was absolutely crap as usual - out of tune and really ruined the ending - I reckon they should have got Elton John there, or even The Clash doing "London Calling" which would have been superb.

One thing I really liked was the remembrance of those who were killed in the 7/7 bombings which occurred on the day following the naming of London as 2012 hosts - and the showing of their pictures, as well as those British killed in the 9/11. May all those innocent victims rest in peace.

However one thing struck me as out of sync - WTF was everything announced in French first and English second - when it was in London ie the Capital of England !!! Outrageous !

And finally - that terrorism supporting low life Chami Chakrabarti had no rightful place carrying the Olympic flag !!

Dread - x
Clash London Calling, what a great idea, what a great song, by a great group.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc

And finally - that terrorism supporting low life Chami Chakrabarti had no rightful place carrying the Olympic flag !!

Dread - x
French language is a requirement of IOC (modern olympics founded by a Frenchman), not sure if it has to be first though.

<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Jul 31st 2012 at 11:37 am. Reason: Comment removed
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:46 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bipat
French language is a requirement of IOC (modern olympics founded by a Frenchman), not sure if it has to be first though.
Never much love between the Frogs and us.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 31st 2012 at 11:14 pm. Reason: quoted comment removed
Old Jul 29th 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Never much love between the Frogs and us.
I certainly have no love for them, just cost me 86,468 Euro's tax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.