Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Let us have your positive posts of GOA!

Let us have your positive posts of GOA!

Old Jul 26th 2010, 12:00 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Let us have your positive posts of GOA!

What is it you love about Goa? why do you return?

Weather, and the excellent value of the Beach Shacks, altogether a great holiday destination
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

JEB1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Let us have your positive posts of GOA!

The people are wonderful, the weather is wonderful (haven't spent a full winter in the UK for 8 years and long may it continue), we can eat out for a fraction of what it would cost in the UK.
JEB1
Old Jul 26th 2010, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

The peaceful countryside with herds of buffalo and cattle. The drive through betal and cashew nut trees.
The sea and being able to wear a swimming costume (wouldn't dare in Karnataka).
Beach-side restaurants in Palolem and watching the dogs dig their night-beds and meeting up in their 'social groups'.
The easy-going people.
The food, fish, dosas.
Meeting people in hotels and the memory of the Russian man with the wonderful voice singing 'Kalinka' to the Karaoke.
Sitting in beach shacks with a gin and tonic.
Stainless steel cookware shops and also buying yet more cushion covers.
Shanta Durga temple.
The feeling of being at home when stepping off plane or train.
Can't wait until September when we next go.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

kernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the rough

the weather...even the rain,

the people for sure

the beaches...even calungute....

shacks for cheap nosh and booze

slower life style

riding my bike with no helmet...the freedom ...

the cheapness of everthing

even the corruptness and their funny ways...just makes i larf...

and the papers, love the slang they use, and where else could you read in the daily that they still burn 200 witches a year on average in India....priceless...lol
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

kernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the rough

keeping positive remember folks...........
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emsirrah
even calungute.... CALANGUTE - even Noni gets this wrong

shacks for cheap nosh and booze -- unless you pick the "wrong one"

"riding my bike with no helmet...the freedom ..." yes until you come up against a prat who wants to slam into you. Hope you have some kind of insurance when you come up against this - oh no - some daft person on here told you not to have any as you can pay a haffta to the cops.
Noni you tried, you really tried, to create a positive thread, what happened?Being pedantic I suppose Culungute would be nearer the Konkani.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:56 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not be antaganistic on this thread - am fed up with sniping as it is upsetting others.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Bubblybear is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Noni,

I just got fed up with the sniping at the simplest thing....so someone spells something wrong..hardly the end of the world is it?

We all have more important things to worry about.
I'm quite new to this site & even I have been put off...it's not very encouraging for new members is it?

Goa is great & I'm looking forward to going back..ok I might not think that in a few years....but at least I will have had the experience...it is great to hear other's stories etc but does it all have to be doom & gloom?!!

Can you start a thread where people can air their grievances so the rest of us don't have to read it, then they can moan to each other..as this good thread seems to be fizzling out..I bet that site would run forever..lol
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:57 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nah

Theres always negatives and positives on forums ... thats life I guess

But I can tell you from having seen a lot of sites this one is tame compared to many, and long may it stay so. As long as we catch the trolls quickly enough.

I cant say much about Goa as Ive never been there, but on a positive note ....... the sun is shining, I have beer in the fridge, and I just spent a weekend in the UK when it didnt rain.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:07 pm
wen
Forum Regular

wen will become famous soon enoughwen will become famous soon enough

How can you moderate this site then
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:17 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wen
Sorry, I dont understand?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:20 pm
wen
Forum Regular

wen will become famous soon enoughwen will become famous soon enough

If you havn't been to goa
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by wen
Hi Wen,

Mitz is a "Super Moderator", and just oversees our site and all of Europe.
He does not Moderate with regard to what is or not happening in Goa, only that things are being done correctly on this site.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:13 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by wen
If you havn't been to goa
As Noni says, I dont comment on Goa, just look after the site rules.

I have however been to most of the USA, Hong Kong, China, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Mallorca, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Malta, North Africa, Greece, all the Greek Islands, The Bahamas, Mexico and the Isle of Wight!

The Isle of Wight was not memorable
Old Jul 30th 2010, 3:33 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As Noni says, I dont comment on Goa, just look after the site rules.

I have however been to most of the USA, Hong Kong, China, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Mallorca, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Malta, North Africa, Greece, all the Greek Islands, The Bahamas, Mexico and the Isle of Wight!

The Isle of Wight was not memorable
I think you are being a little unfair to the Isle of wigget!! It beats a lot of places!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.