Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Good Resturants this Season

Good Resturants this Season

Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Re: Good Resturants this Season

Originally Posted by k800mer
Went to Grandmas Kitchen for Sunday lunch. Its a fixed price buffet and used to include two drinks in the price and possibly still does but I did not ask. You can arrive early and use the swimming pool and the pool table. Today there was four different soups to start then there was three roast meats and a large cottage pie, yorkshire puds, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes with leeks, cabbage with bacon, mushy peas, fresh peas, sweetcorn,mushrooms in a crispy breadcrumb coat, mushrooms in a creamy garlic sauce, cauliflower, brocoli, carrots, beetroot, green beans, leeks in a creamy sauce, stuffing, vege loaf, stuffed peppers, tomatoes with cheese, a onion cabbage and cheese ring, mini corn in batter, onion rings in batter, fried aubergine slices and probably some other things I can not remember. For desert there was Jelly and ice cream with fresh fruit and meringue. You can eat as much as you like. Our bill for four adults and three children came to 3780 which is quite a lot but we all had a lovely day.
you sometimes need to book in advance as she gets pretty busy... and come on Rs3780/- for 7 people to eat as much as you like and enjoy a days swimming in beautiful surrounding is nothing you can spend that down the beach in one day .....54 quid

Last edited by poppetjay; Feb 26th 2011 at 4:07 am. Reason: wrong spelling
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppetjay
you sometimes need to book in advance as she gets pretty busy... and come on Rs3780/- for 7 people to eat as much as you like and enjoy a days swimming in beautiful surrounding is nothing you can spend that down the beach in one day .....54 quid
yes but three of the 7 are children under 8 years of age, one adult is T total and I only had 3 beers because I do not drink much during the day. I save my drinking for later.

Last edited by k800mer; Feb 26th 2011 at 11:52 am. Reason: additional comment
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

yes but three of the 7 are children under 8 years of age, one adult is T total and I only had 3 beers because I do not drink much during the day. I save my drinking for later.
Whatever !!! it works out to 8 quid a person, how much would you spend in Macdonalds and not on junk food... and i know your not in england !!! but most resorts in Goa now charge Rs200/- each for the use of the pool calculation is not rocket science.
When i went there after our wonderful meal Grandma Linda received a standing ovation from the happy guests...end of story !!!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:16 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever !!! it works out to 8 quid a person, how much would you spend in Macdonalds and not on junk food... and i know your not in england !!! but most resorts in Goa now charge Rs200/- each for the use of the pool calculation is not rocket science.
When i went there after our wonderful meal Grandma Linda received a standing ovation from the happy guests...end of story !!!
Must say that the Marriott has improved this season, and the Sunday brunch at 1200 rups with as much as you can drink and eat is brilliant value.
Especially if you belong to the Dinners Club and then it is 1,200 rups for a couple.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Never go in Macdonalds and your comparing with UK prices. Even Sun Village at 800 rupees a head worked out cheaper as they only charged 400 for the non drinker and one child and nothing for the two younger children and all the alcohol was included in the 800 as was the entertainment.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:24 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Never go in Macdonalds and your comparing with UK prices. Even Sun Village at 800 rupees a head worked out cheaper as they only charged 400 for the non drinker and one child and nothing for the two younger children and all the alcohol was included in the 800 as was the entertainment.
Sorry to say very disappointing meal at Indiana on the Beach Road, Candolim, have been saying for years, must try it - won't be going back. Mash was smash! and expensive for what the meal was. Would have been cheaper to have gone back to Le Feniche, or Green Jacket.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Helene will become famous soon enoughHelene will become famous soon enough

Had a lovely meal at Coros in Caranzalem - red and white prawns were simply yum!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

How are your feet ??

John
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Went to POSH yesterday for the first time (haven't got around to it before, but it was Herself's birthday) surroundings v. nice, food OK and prices reasonable.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice

Try Viva Goa. On the Colva Benaulim back road.

Ask for Rajan. Good food and a good price. Big Kingfisher was 45 Rps. last year.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

afaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant futureafaiknow has a brilliant future

there's a KFC in Panjim somewhere. does anybody know where? also one supposed to be coming to calengute. globalisation, yum yum, its finger lickin good!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by afaiknow
there's a KFC in Panjim somewhere. does anybody know where? also one supposed to be coming to calengute. globalisation, yum yum, its finger lickin good!
The KFC in Panjim is in the newly opened Caculo mall at St Inez. This is close to Campal ground and very close to the Panjim fire dept.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Off to Goa on Tuesday. Has anyone tried I-95 I always fancied it but it is usually closed when we visit.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

oktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant future

Luna is a Italian restaurant opened in Benaulim, south Goa recently.
We found the Funghi pizza and Tuna Olive pizza to be excellent. They have salads and pasta too. This is not one of the 'we serve everything' restaurants that one finds everywhere.
The restaurant is not easy to find as not visible from the main road but is located just south of Kader Supermarket - look for signs. service is a tad slow but staff is polite, prices reasonable, and the lemonade is free !
Old Mar 19th 2011, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

oktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant future

Had fish regularly during our stay this season as well as last season and noticed each time after the first week in Goa I developed a skin infection on my feet. This was after 2 weeks in Delhi where I had no problem on both occasions.
Recently spoke with a neighbor in Goa who said he had exactly the same problem and had consulted an ayurvedic / homeopathic doctor who attributed his condition to the consumption of fish and eggs in Goa - saying they were contaminated.

Like last year, my skin infection was gone soon after returning to Canada.
Will avoid fish and eggs next time in Goa and see if that prevents this condition.

Originally Posted by Bipat
Much of the fish sold in Goa comes from Karwar and it gets there very quickly due to the (relatively new and awful) main road along the coast. But--- the industrial pollution of the Kali river some distance upstream is frightening, mercury etc. So eat sea rather than river fish. Must be slightly better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.