Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Good Resturants this Season

Good Resturants this Season

Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Vagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really niceVagatorian is just really nice
Default Re: Good Resturants this Season

Any news on Bomras this season ? I heard it was moving but not heard anything since, never tried it before but heard good things.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

JEB1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Foxy's reputation was built on decent steak (gippy tummys not an issue, as far as I am aware). However it has started to lose the edge and I notice hardly anyone goes in there now by comparison to last year. It was popular because it is very close to the Highland and so had a large "walk by" customer base.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Horse Doctor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
JEB you are so right about Foxy's, and a credit to Rising Waves.
How does Fishermans Cove do so well? It's smelly, pricy a rush to get you in and out and the food or service is not that good.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Horse Doctor - you are so right about Fishermans Cove. Just walked past there on way back to Highland and the smell was pretty bad. Never eaten in there because of that. Having said that just eaten at Annapurna, an old favourite and that is cr*p this year. Must find somewhere new!!!!!! Could easily eat in Rising Waves every night (can afford to) but afraid that "familiarity would breed contempt". Wish I had stayed in and cooked eggs and chips!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

kernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the roughkernowpisky is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JEB1
Horse Doctor - you are so right about Fishermans Cove. Just walked past there on way back to Highland and the smell was pretty bad. Never eaten in there because of that. Having said that just eaten at Annapurna, an old favourite and that is cr*p this year. Must find somewhere new!!!!!! Could easily eat in Rising Waves every night (can afford to) but afraid that "familiarity would breed contempt". Wish I had stayed in and cooked eggs and chips!
wheres rising waves ??, probably been past it, but rubbish at the observation thing
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Rising Wave is just past Candolim football ground on the right, coming from Calengute. It is laid back behind some shop fronts. A couple of shops from Snow White Laundry also on the right. Do not be put off as you walk in the door it is a shop front set out as a bar area, walk through to the back. Enjoy, you may have to reserve a table
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

it maybe good but not that good
Old Jan 7th 2011, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

I thought it was just me.

Everyone raves about Rising Waves and I'm sure it's fine but we went once about 2 years ago and weren't impressed enough to go back. The meal was OK, nothing wrong with it, just not that memorable either.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

A friend of ours went to Foxy's day restaurant, we refused to go,she had a steak baguette it was the best steak plus price she has ever had.
This may also be the same for Rising Waves
"Horses for courses"
Some you win some you don't. :confused
Does anyone know if Snows Inn is now opened for Indian and Continental food in the evening. Thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Tried "Maggies" the other night - we ordered deep fried calamari as a starter (3 portions for 6 people) - they brought us deep fried prawns by mistake, then threw in a portion of calamari "on the house". Not many places would do that - quite impressed.

All in all food excellent, and Madera was R/s 399 a bottle

Still like "Top Nosh" for the selection, value AND good consistent quality of food, plus friendly service. Clean toilet - also a big PLUS
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Someone told me the other day that Snow Inn being open is hit and miss, sometimes they are, sometimes not. Something to do with losing the chef but it was only hearsay.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Beautiful steak in Rising Waves last night. Apple pie, worth killing for. Service, excellent.

Well worth a visit.

Davie.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Beautiful steak in Rising Waves last night. Apple pie, worth killing for. Service, excellent.

Well worth a visit.

Davie.
Must be time for another visit.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by catpat123
Must be time for another visit.
The Sai Bar and Rest in Arpora is excellant.
Great food and drink at local prices about half the price of other Arpora restaurants which are already about a third cheaper than most restaurants on the Baga Beach Belt.
I can't get over how inflated the restaurant prices are along the Baga beach belt compared to inland restaurant prices.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:09 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
The Sai Bar and Rest in Arpora is excellant.
Great food and drink at local prices about half the price of other Arpora restaurants which are already about a third cheaper than most restaurants on the Baga Beach Belt.
I can't get over how inflated the restaurant prices are along the Baga beach belt compared to inland restaurant prices.
Is that before of after the one which we all met up in?

Prices are getting silly this year. Kingfisher 44 rups on bottle, selling anything between 70 - 100 on the beach, There is a profit in the 44 rups as they get it wholesale. I am amazed at even tweekers eating in at nights now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.