Food & Drink!

Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:51 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Question Food & Drink!

How much would you expect to spend a day for Food and Drink when you are staying in Goa. Long term or tweekers!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:48 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Food & Drink!

Originally Posted by noni
How much would you expect to spend a day for Food and Drink when you are staying in Goa. Long term or tweekers!
If it's anything like the rents that some expect to pay, then I guess some will be getting by on 50 paise per day!

A hotel down south had recently added another restaurant to the complex, so as a treat we went along to have a meal - we'd previously decided there is no way we were eating at the hotel's original restaurant when we saw that lamb chops were the equivalent of twenty five quid & a bottle of chateau Neuf du pape was the equivalent of a hundred & five quid!

H.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Food & Drink!

Depends a lot on how much water or alcohol you drink in a day!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:03 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Food & Drink!

Originally Posted by msj5
Depends a lot on how much water or alcohol you drink in a day!!!!
Well if you want to drink Kingfisher (looks much more appealing when served in some decent UK lager glasses with engraving in the bottom) it's not going to cost you a fortune at the equivalent of £0.51p per pint when it's Rs80 to the £.

As for gin & tonic, the fact that the tonic is way more expensive than the gin always amuses me.

H.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Food & Drink!

We spend about 2000 a week in AJs and then fruit and veg comes to about 500 so all in all somewhere between 2500 and 3000 a week which is about 400 a day..a fiver! Even though the prices have gone up this year its still good value for us. In Spain its more than double that! even with the recession..
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:36 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

With my girlfriend, we mostly eat out every lunch and dinner time, i drink a good few beers, my GF a couple of gin and tonics, we dont drink wine out.
Probably averages about 1,300 a day, just food, drink and tips.
We are longtermers not tourists.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:38 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
We spend about 2000 a week in AJs and then fruit and veg comes to about 500 so all in all somewhere between 2500 and 3000 a week which is about 400 a day..a fiver! Even though the prices have gone up this year its still good value for us. In Spain its more than double that! even with the recession..
You mention Spain, if we eat at a decent menu el dia, 3 good courses, with a bottle of drinkable wine, 20 euros, much cheaper than you can eat in Goa for the same wine and quality.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
You mention Spain, if we eat at a decent menu el dia, 3 good courses, with a bottle of drinkable wine, 20 euros, much cheaper than you can eat in Goa for the same wine and quality.
Dont know where you eat Steve but its 7 euros for menu del dia and a bottle of red with Casera is another 3 and here we eat for 300 rupees for two with drinks! We must have different tastes of restaurant!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:36 pm
Banned

Dont know where you eat Steve but its 7 euros for menu del dia and a bottle of red with Casera is another 3 and here we eat for 300 rupees for two with drinks! We must have different tastes of restaurant!
Where in Goa can you eat a 3 course dinner for two, with the quality I GET IN SPAIN, with a bottle of wine for 20 euros, anything worth drinking (wine) in Goa is 400 plus, and my menu el diain Spain at 10euros each is very good, choice of about 8 starters, mains, deserts, thats where if you need the address, send me a private mail, or if you know where i can eat like this with WINE in Goa for 10 euros each please tell.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:44 pm
Banned

300rps, possible sharing a beer, my dinner simular, Plate pakoras 60rps, masala papads 50rps, full tandori chicken 280rps, chicken byriani 120rps,1 garlic nan 50rps,
4 large beers 320rps 3 gin and tonics 240 rps, tip 50 rps.
Total about 1,120 rps, this is a rough idea for two as i dont always eat the the same that would be boring, often eat a cheap Thali at 50rps in a local restaurant, but never less beer often more.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:47 pm
Banned

300rps not only different tastes in food, different drinking habbits, my beer comes to more than your dinner for two,, WITH DRINKS, are you sure, i drink alcohol not water.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bo.Al is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic Appetite, Mapusa, near St. Xavier's College
Top floor, open air.
http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Goa/...+Bar/BfscwOZW/
Great food, great view, good prices!!!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
Where in Goa can you eat a 3 course dinner for two, with the quality I GET IN SPAIN, with a bottle of wine for 20 euros, anything worth drinking (wine) in Goa is 400 plus, and my menu el diain Spain at 10euros each is very good, choice of about 8 starters, mains, deserts, thats where if you need the address, send me a private mail, or if you know where i can eat like this with WINE in Goa for 10 euros each please tell.
Forget the wine Steve as its invariably not very good in restaurants here unless you go to a very expensive hotel restaurant. We live in Siolim and have a choice of several good local restaurants in the village, Flavorz, Anancios, Farias Cuisine, Dreamland where you can eat good basic food for a very small price and then Mapusa where there is Satwahera Hotel and Stomach. We like going to where the locals eat unless it is for a very special ocassion. Where do you live in Spain? We live in a small village just north of Marbella in the mountains..only twenty minutes from the coast.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:24 am
Banned

Forget the wine Steve as its invariably not very good in restaurants here unless you go to a very expensive hotel restaurant. We live in Siolim and have a choice of several good local restaurants in the village, Flavorz, Anancios, Farias Cuisine, Dreamland where you can eat good basic food for a very small price and then Mapusa where there is Satwahera Hotel and Stomach. We like going to where the locals eat unless it is for a very special ocassion. Where do you live in Spain? We live in a small village just north of Marbella in the mountains..only twenty minutes from the coast.
Did Summer in Arroyo de la miel (Benalmadena), but now its Italy (Verona), lets not talk prices in Italy, but its lovely.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 1:00 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Stomach years ago, it was very grubby, is it like that now? never been back! violently ill the next few days as were our friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.