Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Expat in Goa now able to do me a favour?

Expat in Goa now able to do me a favour?

Old Sep 7th 2014, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice
Default Expat in Goa now able to do me a favour?

I'm trying to make a online train booking from Mumbai to Thivim.

Logging into my irtrc site is no problem but they want me to update my profile before booking, I haven't used them for a while.

They're asking for my India mobile number (+91) so they can text me an identity verification code. It has to be an Indian sim.

Problem is, I'm in UK and my India sim was deactivated.

If some kind person presently in Goa could pm me, I'll send you my current UK number by private message. If you then text me your current Goa mobile number I'll use it one off and Indian railway will text you my verification code.

If you can then forward that to me as soon as you receive it - they're only valid for about an hour - I'll be able to finalise my profile update and eventually proceed with an e ticket booking, 720 R/- Sleeper on the Konkan Kanya "Express".

There's no risk or expense to you except the cost of a text to me in the UK.

Many thanks if someone can help me out. I'm not doing the Mumbai to Goa leg by air this time cause I'm carrying excess baggage and I'm not going to get stung by the Indian budget carriers, am paying excess on BA anyway.

I'll leave the stuff in the Store Room at VT and have a few hours shifty round Chor Bazaar, well that's the plan !

It's 15.52 in UK Sunday as I post this, not 8:21 as stated.

Last edited by babu1; Sep 7th 2014 at 2:56 pm. Reason: time check
Old Sep 8th 2014, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice
Default Re: Expat in Goa now able to do me a favour?

Sincere thanks for your help, genuinely appreciated.

I'll change my profile mobile number as soon as I get a new one in Goa. Meantime, you've probably received a confirmation of my booking. Mine arrived by email, no problem.

Ticket is now booked. Turned out to be 381R/- Confirmed Booking, debited from my ICICI account. Cheap or what!