Duty Free to Goa

Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:59 pm
Banned

Patchsidhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Duty Free to Goa

Hi Guys
Can someone tell me if I purchase Alcohol from Heathrow, and then am I able to take it all the the way to Goa.
Are we allowed to take it on the domestic flight????
Has anyone done it???
I will be going through Mumbai on Virgin and then Indian Carrier to Goa.
Cheers
Patchsidhu
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Duty Free to Goa

You will be allowed to purchase at Heathrow but when you get to Mumbai you must pack it in your suitcase, if you don't it will be confiscated when you go through security before you flight to Goa.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by powerhouse
You will be allowed to purchase at Heathrow but when you get to Mumbai you must pack it in your suitcase, if you don't it will be confiscated when you go through security before you flight to Goa.
Hi Powerhouse
Thanks for that info.
Do we have to collect our luggage as transit passengers does it not go straight to the Indian Carrier flight, if we collect it at transit terminal then it's possible to put your duty free in there. But I am not sure whether they transfer the luggage automatically?
Cheers
Patchsidhu
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you still have to collect your luggage after arriving in Mumbai.

John
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

When you arrive in Mumbai you will need to collect your luggage and probably change terminals to the domestic terminal. You will get the oppertunity to pack any items before you check in for your domestic flight.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:38 pm
Banned

Milward is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cs-ac...s/cs-rulef.htm

Please read tru the above posted link. You have to do your customs and Immigration check at mumbai and than after the custom check go towards your right to avail the free transport service to the domestic airport. I suggest to use Jet Airways as your dometic carrier since they have a check - in counter at the international airport which is open for 24/7. By using jet airways you don't have to carry your luggage all they way to the domestic airport. Hope this helps & and Enjoy our beautiful Goa.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:39 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Patchsidhu,

You definitely need to get it well out of sight, especially if it is in anyway shape or form over your allowance (whatever that is for India) - I foolishly went in to Dabolim with an amount of tobacco in excess of my allowance (whatever that was) that were in carrier bags - I was like a magnet for 'customs' or 'police' or whoever they were - I ended up being told the fine should be £80.00 but he wasn't going to charge me that, he'd charge me £30.00 or £40.00 - how much could I pay? well, I offered £20.00 & that did the trick (absolutely laughable really - negotiating a fine!) - it wasn't worth arguing for £20.00 as I know I was in the wrong, it was still well worth it when the tobacco had been bought at Bahrain prices!

Hide it though & save yourself a small fine!

Regards

Hemingway
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:46 pm
Banned

Milward is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hemingway
Patchsidhu,

You definitely need to get it well out of sight, especially if it is in anyway shape or form over your allowance (whatever that is for India) - I foolishly went in to Dabolim with an amount of tobacco in excess of my allowance (whatever that was) that were in carrier bags - I was like a magnet for 'customs' or 'police' or whoever they were - I ended up being told the fine should be £80.00 but he wasn't going to charge me that, he'd charge me £30.00 or £40.00 - how much could I pay? well, I offered £20.00 & that did the trick (absolutely laughable really - negotiating a fine!) - it wasn't worth arguing for £20.00 as I know I was in the wrong, it was still well worth it when the tobacco had been bought at Bahrain prices!

Regards

Hemingway
This is called encouraging corruption. When you know the rules why break them in the first place.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:47 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Milward
This is called encouraging corruption. When you know the rules why break them in the first place.
Rules are for fools and for wise men to be guided by!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:13 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Rules are for fools and for wise men to be guided by!
Now give up smoking, like a good boy. or you will be paying fines in Goa.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:40 pm
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Now give up smoking, like a good boy. or you will be paying fines in Goa.
I am a good boy. . . . . . . I've never smoked

Hemingway
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Milward
http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cs-ac...s/cs-rulef.htm

Please read tru the above posted link. You have to do your customs and Immigration check at mumbai and than after the custom check go towards your right to avail the free transport service to the domestic airport. I suggest to use Jet Airways as your dometic carrier since they have a check - in counter at the international airport which is open for 24/7. By using jet airways you don't have to carry your luggage all they way to the domestic airport. Hope this helps & and Enjoy our beautiful Goa.
Kingfisher similar - not the cheapest but always excellent service imho

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:25 pm
Banned

Patchsidhu,

Regards

Hemingway

Hi Hemingway
Thanks for the informative reply.
I love Goa it's still wonderful no matter what anyone says or does.
Cheers
Patchsidhu
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Wow we have a Saint in our midst, lets all get on our knees and pray, take it from the comments you keep making Millward you have never put a foot wrong in your life.
Dont tell me your Halo has never slipped, your begining to sound like the goan government and some of its people More Holyer than thou Not!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:45 pm
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Wow we have a Saint in our midst, lets all get on our knees and pray, take it from the comments you keep making Millward you have never put a foot wrong in your life.
Dont tell me your Halo has never slipped, your begining to sound like the goan government and some of its people More Holier than thou Not!!!!!!!
Poppetjay,

Welcome back to the site - I've missed you! I note you have had a break from BE because I've seen the odd post from you on HT - good luck with your sale on Monday!

Regards

Hemmingway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.