Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jun 12th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Heidigirl
My sister would love to visit mum in Goa but she cannot face the poor emaciated, flee and disease ridden, unloved animals on every road side. Truly the worst animal neglect I have ever witnessed. Perhaps I am not as well travelled as some poeple.
There are thousands of cats dogs and cows in Goa that should be culled, but for politico-religious reasons they won't be.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jun 12th 2011, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
There are thousands of cats dogs and cows in Goa that should be culled, but for politico-religious reasons they won't be.

AndyD 8-)#
I agree Andy. I was shocked to see just how much skin and bone a cow could be. It's heartbreaking to see them. I turn my head away when I see them, yet feel ashamed with myself. Cows, cats, dogs, foraging for food that does not exist. Dogs, looking at you with side eyes, desperate for food and love. There ARE downsides to Goa, for me, this is it.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

My sister would love to visit mum in Goa but she cannot face the poor emaciated, flee and disease ridden, unloved animals on every road side. Truly the worst animal neglect I have ever witnessed. Perhaps I am not as well travelled as some poeple.
I would agree with a_f_d about a properly organised cull. I think part of the problem is when culling was allowed it was a 'free for all' by young people out for 'fun'. Even though there were those authorised to do it humanely. It was therefore made illegal and the result is the dogs have just multiplied.
Goa is much worse than many other states and there is no excuse as it is relatively wealthy. I mentioned Karwar (just over the border, not far away) it used to be terrible, it is now much improved and the many local people who do care can get some vet help now.
I can understand your sister, I actually used to refuse to travel anywhere by road because I knew we would run over some animal.

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 12th 2011 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

oktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant future

UK plans to stop aid to India
" Several lawmakers have voiced public criticism to give aid to an India whose economy is growing exponentially, and is now in a position to give aid to many African countries"
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:00 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.inewsone.com/2011/06/13/t...a-police/56393
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:19 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Cameron pledges ANOTHER £814m towards vaccinating the world's poorest children (on top of £2bn we are already going to donate)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1PB4MEw00
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

oktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant futureoktata has a brilliant future

India to give $100 mn loan to each neighbouring nations
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

India Gives - The recent India-Africa summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, at which India’s government pledged $5 billion in aid to African countries, drew attention to a largely overlooked phenomenon — India’s emergence as a source, rather than a recipient, of foreign aid.
Full Article
or listen to the podcast

Last edited by oktata; Jun 14th 2011 at 4:36 am.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by oktata
India Gives - The recent India-Africa summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, at which India’s government pledged $5 billion in aid to African countries, drew attention to a largely overlooked phenomenon — India’s emergence as a source, rather than a recipient, of foreign aid.
Full Article
or listen to the podcast
Unbelieveable !!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:56 pm

Photo Gallery
Toronto: Roland Francis: Dancing in the Moonshine

11 Jun: Times of India. Mumbai has recently raised the legal drinking age from 21 to 25 …Plugging the bottle never deterred anyone, and indeed, during Prohibition… there was the Goan ‘aunty’. These were women living in the city’s Goan-Catholic enclaves like Dhobi Talao who would run speakeasies selling moonshine from their homes. As a young man, Roland Francis (photo) used to visit aunty bars in the company of older friends. “Bars were usually set up in a partitioned portion of a small room that was the living quarters of Aunty’s family,” says the 60-year-old [who now lives in Toronto]

www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Unbelieveable !!!!!
why so ?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:03 pm

Ready or not Delhi gets a Slut Walk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/wo...er15.html?_r=1
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
Ready or not Delhi gets a Slut Walk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/wo...er15.html?_r=1
delhi is where it makes the most sense .
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:53 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-young-13.html

absolutely disgusting:curse:
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:28 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Speaks volumes on the Muslim attitude to women.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.