Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Container Sharing to Mumbai

Container Sharing to Mumbai

Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Indiajacks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Container Sharing to Mumbai

Originally Posted by a_f_d
if you're travelling by air don't forget 'unaccompanied baggage' - I think it still exists and it used to be quite reasonable.

AndyD 8-)#
Thank You, Andy. Will look into it.
Keith
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:48 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Ah but there are two '180 day rules' - '...if stay exceeds 180 days' and 'stay ... may not exceed 180 days' AndyD 8-)#
Yep, know that - the former appears to apply to 'B' visas & maybe others (X etc etc) & the latter, I guess applies to 1 year or more 'T' visas - should they be issued or available. . . . . . . .

H.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:49 pm
Sensible Member

GoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the roughGoanPlaces is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Indiajacks
Hi Julia

I am planning to ship some boxes to Goa and have been getting quotes but they seem to be too expensive, could you please PM me the company you used. As this is my first post I do not think i can use this facility yet.
Many Thanks
Best Regards
Keith
Have just PM'd you the details

J
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GoanPlaces
Have just PM'd you the details

J
Hi Julie

I cannot open up at the moment but will do as soon as I am allowed.

regards
Keith
Old Mar 6th 2010, 8:24 am
Just Joined

I have carried some research and wondered if anyone has used cargo
express as they delver door to door at £1.50 per kilo approx plus handing
charge.

Keith
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:55 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

charge.

Keith
Can you post more details/links on this company as the cost seems ludicrously cheap (unless the handling charge is massive?)
Old Mar 7th 2010, 2:07 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Can you post more details/links on this company as the cost seems ludicrously cheap (unless the handling charge is massive?)
If the worst came to the worst, I could take my elephant home at that price
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

actually it works out at £1,500 a tonne - which is expensive for large shipments - you can ship a small container for not much more than that.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

actually it works out at £1,500 a tonne - which is expensive for large shipments - you can ship a small container for not much more than that.

AndyD 8-)#
The only problem with using a company from goa to ship out stuff is they go through it when it leaves your doorstep and things go missing or get broken and the insurance is near impossible to claim back its happened to 4 people i know, electricial goods, x boxes, stereo systems etc no matter howmuch bubble wrap you put on it they wil undo it and its not the customs office either.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:41 am
Just Joined

www.cargoforce.co.uk
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

charge.

Keith

This is only cost effective for courier type shipments ..... as mentioned by someone else, it becomes incredibly expensive for shipments of any size.

This is not the method you should use to be cost effective for large personal effects.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:37 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

This might be worth a phone call?

HERALD BUSINESS DESK
PANJIM, FEB 1
Kingfisher Airlines announced plans to launch Kingfisher Xpress, a door-to-door cargo delivery service from tomorrow.
Though Kingfisher Xpress wouldn’t be having a pick-up facility in Goa, it would however deliver cargo in Goa.
Kingfisher Xpress Same Day Service would be the country’s first and only same day delivery by air service, with a money-back guarantee.
The service promises to pick up shipments from the customer's doorstep and deliver them at the recipient's doorstep on the same day. It will offer a pick up facility in the six main metropolitan cities - Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata with guaranteed same day delivery in up to 18 cities - Bagdogra, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Kochi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Raipur, Ranchi, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pune and Srinagar.
"Kingfisher Xpress has been conceived with a view to serving the unmet needs of users who are looking for a solution which ensures that their shipment reaches the recipient’s doorstep on the very same day. Our confidence in this service reflects in our money back guarantee. Kingfisher Xpress will also offer a next-day delivery service across 20 cities in India," Prakash Mirpuri, VP-Corporate Communications, Kingfisher Airlines said.
According to a press release from the company, the service will also offer some other flexible shipping options.
These include a door to airport service that offers pickup of shipments from the shipper’s door step and delivery at the destination airport, to the authorized representative of the shipper.
The airport to door service offers the flexibility of delivering the shipment at the airport and a door delivery at the destination while the counter to counter service is designed for customers who can deliver the shipment to the Kingfisher Xpress centre in the origin city and have it picked up from the company's centre in the destination city.
Interesting to note how Kingfisher regard Goa............no pick up point!

Maybe you can drop things off at VJ's villa at Sinquerim?
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:12 am
Just Joined

remydealmeida is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Container Sharing to Mumbai

Hi Julia,
Thank you for replying to my message. I had not been checking for replies on this forum last few weeks. In the meantime i was looking to send a my household goods by air cargo to dabolim airport.
However reading your reply i am having second thoughts about the air cargo and i could do the same as you. However, if you could kindly send me the details of the shipping agency in england and any other info i need to know.

I am planning to move my stuff by the end of this month. You could if you want send details to my private email

Thank you again.
Remy
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

chablis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noni
If the worst came to the worst, I could take my elephant home at that price
Hmm bit worried about any kind of shipment! We had 10 'tea chests' from the UK only to find around 2k mssing from it! Nope, wasnt the shipping company or the security company here on complex! grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

remydealmeida is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Container Sharing to Mumbai

charge.

Keith
Hey keith,
Are you still planning to move your goods to goa? I was thinking of the possiblity that we could share a 20ft container if it is suitable for the both of us. I am looking to move my goods around the 8th of April. Let me know what u think?

Remy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.