Company set up

Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Deanb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Company set up

Hi can someone please let us know if they have ever set up a company in Goa and is it easy and safe to do?
We are not Indian or of Indian Origin but someone has said it is still possible.
How do you go about keeping books/accounts is it best doing it yourself or getting a Goan accountant?
If anyone can give us some help and costs for setting one up we would be very grateful.
Many thanks
Dean & Tracey
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice
Default Re: Company set up

Originally Posted by Deanb
Hi can someone please let us know if they have ever set up a company in Goa and is it easy and safe to do?
We are not Indian or of Indian Origin but someone has said it is still possible.
How do you go about keeping books/accounts is it best doing it yourself or getting a Goan accountant?
If anyone can give us some help and costs for setting one up we would be very grateful.
Many thanks
Dean & Tracey

What type of business do you want to get into here?

Chameleons.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deanb
Many thanks
Dean & Tracey
Hi Dean and Tracey,
Yes it us possible to set up a Company, but it is far from being a simple or inexpensive procedure and FEMA regulations for Foreign Direct Investment which also define categories of businesses and specific entry requirements have to be examined carefully, along with a multitude of other legalities and visa requirements. You will require a good Chartered Accountant and FEMA consultant before you consider setting up a company - they will make you aware of the ongoing responsibilities of Company Directors under Indian Company law which is if anything a little more specific than UK Company law. I will send you a pm.
Veri
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

You can also buy a company that already exists.
An American friend of mine wants to sell hers; I don't know if it's still available though.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by liveaboard
You can also buy a company that already exists.
An American friend of mine wants to sell hers; I don't know if it's still available though.
Yes you can, but you will need to employ a good CA to check out the status of the company and other related issues

Veri