Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Wikiposts

British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Old Dec 24th 2007, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

dugmorephil has a spectacular aura aboutdugmorephil has a spectacular aura aboutdugmorephil has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Hi Andy and Jo,

Hope you have a great Christmas Day in Goa. It was great to meet you at the bash and look forward to the photos. I have a few photos as well and like you when I get to grips with how to download and post them hopefully you will see them soon.

All best for New Year to you both and all those we met and also those unable to make it to the bash.

Phil.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:48 am
Just Joined

flowermoon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi All,

Im now back in Northern Ireland and its bloody freezing...about minus two. Only home about an hour and already missing Goa.

Anyway, thankyou so much for everyone who turned up for the bash.....23 in total...so a fantastic turnout. We all had a great night and it was a delight to meet you all. Hopefully we can get some pics posted on the site.

I hope everyone was content with the venue, meal and setting and hopefully we can have a bash again next year. Its great to be able to put faces to names and know that we are indeed 'real' people and not just strangers in cyber space.

I was well impressed with the turn out and could'nt believe it when i arrived at 7:20pm to find most of you already there. As we say in Ireland ' it was great craic!'.... also a very special word of thanks to those of you who travelled the whole way up from South Goa for the bash...it was great to see you all there.

To Noni, Chabilis, Helene and others that coul'dnt make it.....dont worry as i know unexpected things always crop up especially in Goa. There has been a lot of illness in Goa this season and we have all had a touch of it as well.....ended up at the hospital a couple of times ourselves.
Even many locals have been smitten with some 24 hour bug thing.
Noni...it was great to meet you both as well and its unfortunate you could'nt make the bash as i know how much you were looking forward to it.... but there is always the next one.

Thanks again to everyone and i wish you all a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kind Regards,
Remy and Co.
Hi Remy

It was really good to meet you at the bash. Sorry we did not sit down to eat but just got rid of a tummy bug. maybe next year. Take care happy new year

Iris and Geof.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flowermoon
Hi Remy

It was really good to meet you at the bash. Sorry we did not sit down to eat but just got rid of a tummy bug. maybe next year. Take care happy new year

Iris and Geof.
Thanks Iris and Geof,

Likewise it was a real pleasure to meet you both at the bash........its just such a pity we all had'nt more time to spend in each others company. However it was a great little introduction to each other and hopefully we will all be able to stay in touch for many years to come and at least have a meet up once a year.

Take Care and have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2008,

Regards,
Remy, Janis, Rachel and Ryan.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Thanks Iris and Geof,

Likewise it was a real pleasure to meet you both at the bash........its just such a pity we all had'nt more time to spend in each others company. However it was a great little introduction to each other and hopefully we will all be able to stay in touch for many years to come and at least have a meet up once a year.

Take Care and have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2008,

Regards,
Remy, Janis, Rachel and Ryan.
Hi Remy

Well first the good news i got back my money for the second apartment from Acron. But my friend just phoned me she is in Goa and she said it states in the local paper that the present government want to abolish 5 years leases for FNS when they expire and not re new them have you heard anything.

Flowermoon.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi Remy

Well first the good news i got back my money for the second apartment from Acron. But my friend just phoned me she is in Goa and she said it states in the local paper that the present government want to abolish 5 years leases for FNS when they expire and not re new them have you heard anything.

Flowermoon.
Hi Flowermoon,
Congratulations on getting your money back.......no i have'nt heard anything about the abolishment of 5 year leases....but i think it would be a hard thing for the Government to police. Having said that i heard of one person getting investigated and they just recently purchased an apartment and only have a sale agreement.

There has always been a little bit of debate over the renewal of 5 year leases or rolling leases as they are sometimes termed and the legality of renewing them. Its really hard to predict what the Government is planning next. Wise move getting your money back at this time....at least until FNs know where they stand regarding the ongoing debacle.
If you here anything else please keep us posted.

Kind Regards,
Remy

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Dec 29th 2007 at 6:25 am.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hi Remy

Flowermoon.
Hi,
that's new!
Do you know which paper (and which government)?

and happy New Year (_)? (_)? (_)? AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Hi,
that's new!
Do you know which paper (and which government)?

and happy New Year (_)? (_)? (_)? AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy.

Recognise you now from the meet. Dont know which newspaper but my friend has a meeting with Acron this week with regards to 5 year leases and i will let you know as soon as i know anything happy new year.