Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Wikiposts

British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Hi All,

As many of you are aware there has been talk of a December 'get together' in Goa for all Forum Members and Friends alike.

This will also double up as a Christmas Party and will be a great oportunity for us all to meet up and put faces to names.
December was chosen because it is a time of year when most of us are in Goa.

No concrete date has been set yet but sometime around the middle of December should suit most. The venue is yet to be confirmed but will be in North Goa.
Suggestions are welcome by all members.....just post your ideas on this thread and dont be shy.

Also everyone who reckons they can make the 'meet up' please confirm on this thread so we know who will be there.
It will be a night to remember.......quaranteed.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Janis will become famous soon enoughJanis will become famous soon enough
Default Re: British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi All,

As many of you are aware there has been talk of a December 'get together' in Goa for all Forum Members and Friends alike.

This will also double up as a Christmas Party and will be a great oportunity for us all to meet up and put faces to names.

No concrete date has been set yet but sometime around the middle of December should suit most. The venue is yet to be confirmed but will be in North Goa.
Suggestions are welcome by all members.....just post your ideas on this thread and dont be shy.

Also everyone who reckons they can make the 'meet up' please confirm on this thread so we know who will be there.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Hi All,

Count me in. Looking forward to meeting you all.
A lot of expats are based in and around the Candolim area and aparently there are a lot of great restaurants/bars in this location, soooooo any recommendations?

Janis
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Kinrara will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

Kind Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy

Count me and my husband in, really looking forward to meeting up with you all. Don't mind where or when, just let us know and we will be there.

Regards

Kinrara
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kinrara
Hi Remy

Count me and my husband in, really looking forward to meeting up with you all. Don't mind where or when, just let us know and we will be there.

Regards

Kinrara
Hi Remy & Janis
Don't you pair talk about your posts?
Hopefully we'll be there, providing of course that they let us into the country.
Anywhere round Candolim/Calangute/Baga/Arpora would be OK, we will have to find out who is veggie and who eats animals
Regards
Tony P
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kinrara
Hi Remy

Regards

Kinrara
Hi Kinrara,

Thats Brilliant.
It'll be great to get to know everyone and share advice and experiences.
We are really looking forward to it as well......another two weeks and we're into Sept and the countdown begins. It will not be long until December comes around.

Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi Remy & Janis
Don't you pair talk about your posts?
Hopefully we'll be there, providing of course that they let us into the country.
Anywhere round Candolim/Calangute/Baga/Arpora would be OK, we will have to find out who is veggie and who eats animals
Regards
Tony P

Hi Tony,

Hope you can make it.
I was thinking maybe somewhere like the Midus Touch, East meets West or Fiesta. I know they are more expensive than your average restaurant but they have an extensive menu and are able to cope with numbers relatively well. Also the setting is nice and it will be our first real meet up. But suggestions and recommendations would be really good as everyone needs to be happy with choice and budget.
What do you think?

Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony,

Hope you can make it.
I was thinking maybe somewhere like the Midus Touch, East meets West or Fiesta. I know they are more expensive than your average restaurant but they have an extensive menu and are able to cope with numbers relatively well. Also the setting is nice and it will be our first real meet up. But suggestions and recommendations would be really good as everyone needs to be happy with choice and budget.
What do you think?

Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy
Not been to E M W or Fiesta, Midas is nice but don't particularly rate the food. Agree a nice setting would be hmmmm well nice. There might only be 8 of us. Maybe the others are waiting for an official invite
Will have a think.
TP
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:44 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Hi Remy
Not been to E M W or Fiesta, Midas is nice but don't particularly rate the food. Agree a nice setting would be hmmmm well nice. There might only be 8 of us. Maybe the others are waiting for an official invite
Will have a think.
TP
Hi All,

Just to let you know if i'm still in Goa for the red carpet event, it'd be great to meet up with you all, but incase i've already left town by then, hopefully i'll still get to catch up with some of you before i leave, or on my return (sorry my 'itinery' is a bit up in the air right now)!

Kind regards
TDK
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Remy
Will have a think.
TP

Yes Tony,

there very well might be even less than eight but it will be good craic no matter how many are there.

and to everbody else out there...........your more than welcome to join us. Just let us know on this thread that your going.

Cheers,
Remy
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TDK
Hi All,

Just to let you know if i'm still in Goa for the red carpet event, it'd be great to meet up with you all, but incase i've already left town by then, hopefully i'll still get to catch up with some of you before i leave, or on my return (sorry my 'itinery' is a bit up in the air right now)!

Kind regards
TDK

Hi TDK,

It would be great if you could make it........let us know if you get dates sorted.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Tony,

there very well might be even less than eight but it will be good craic no matter how many are there.

and to everbody else out there...........your more than welcome to join us. Just let us know on this thread that your going.

Cheers,
Remy
There's some new ones possibly coming, maybe we should just have an open ended sort of night where people can turn up at a central point for a drink, or a meal or just to say hello/goodbye/don't agree with you/I like purple tiles or even I have bought a property on a tourist visa.
Just a thought
Tony
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Remy just had another thought, do you think we should extend the invite to the Intelligence services, police etc that are monitoring us, only if any are in Kolkata they could go to the police gift shop for us and get the porcelain beer mugs and things. Could really do with a dozen or so and some T shirts and somebody wanted some Xmas cards.
Tony
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:09 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: British Expats Goa Meet Up / Christmas Bash 2007

Hi TDK,

It would be great if you could make it........let us know if you get dates sorted.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Thanks Remy, & i'll definately keep you & Janis & the other hard core BE'ers posted

Kind regards
TDK
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

There's some new ones possibly coming, maybe we should just have an open ended sort of night where people can turn up at a central point for a drink, or a meal or just to say hello/goodbye/don't agree with you/I like purple tiles or even I have bought a property on a tourist visa.
Just a thought
Tony

Yes,

Certainly,
A sort of meet and greet and have a few drinks combined with a meal for those who want one and also a drop in and say hello for those that want a fleeting visit........yes it has to be more fun than formal.

Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Remy just had another thought, do you think we should extend the invite to the Intelligence services, police etc that are monitoring us, only if any are in Kolkata they could go to the police gift shop for us and get the porcelain beer mugs and things. Could really do with a dozen or so and some T shirts and somebody wanted some Xmas cards.
Tony

They will probably be there undercover, hiding behind The Times of India and peaking over the top....... But we will soon have them joining in and before long they will be swigging Noff and singing, "Welcome to the Hotel California.....such a lovely place"

Regards,
Remy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.