Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Bribes and Corruption

Bribes and Corruption

Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough
Default Bribes and Corruption

I have been told about a unique initiative recently set up by Bangalore-based not-for-profit organisation Janaagraha. Called I Paid a Bribe,
ipaidabribe.com
it’s a website where anyone who has experienced corruption can go to report the details. If you’ve encountered an honest officer, or effective system, you’re encouraged to submit those details too.

The information will provide a snapshot of corruption across cities in India. The organisation intends to analyse the results to determine ways in which governance, law enforcement, and regulation can be improved.

If you have questions or concerns about corruption, you can also submit them and get answers. The website has only been active for five days, and is still growing. By the looks of it, it will be really popular.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Bribes and Corruption

Quote ; The website has only been active for five days, and is still growing. By the looks of it, it will be really popular.[/QUOTE]

A lot like bribes and corruption then ?

Thanks Mzee looks interesting
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:21 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bribes and Corruption

I guess there are some Indian folk who are getting fed up with the system then ?
Perhaps we folks having propwerty grief in Goa ought to message them in our masses !!!

What's the worst that can happen? They ignore us? That said it may help our cause if we got a protest group like this on side

Dread - wishful thinking
x
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I guess there are some Indian folk who are getting fed up with the system then ?

x
Some? a bit of an understatement, several million maybe. Will be difficult to change as filters down from government. If Congress went would BJP be any different?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:10 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Some? a bit of an understatement, several million maybe. Will be difficult to change as filters down from government. If Congress went would BJP be any different?
Hi Bipat

I was being ironic when I used the word 'some' !!
In answer to your question - somehow I doubt it- all the Goan politicians seem to be of a similar ilk - a bit like a criminal records office data system !!!

Dread - needs reform
x