Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

bbc radio 4/goa property market

bbc radio 4/goa property market

Old May 23rd 2008, 9:47 pm
Banned

renegade is on a distinguished road
Default bbc radio 4/goa property market

hi,for those interested,i was listening to radio 4 today on my way to somerset and to my amazement there was a big discussion on the indian property market,in particular foreign nationals purchasing property,i think on the bbc web-site there is a listen again service,so maybe you can listen back to the whole show,,they were basically saying that it is totally illegal for a foreign national to purchase property in goa,,same as what douglas has been saying for a long time and others on this forum,it was the first time that i have actually heard for myself a minister from india explaining the situation etc etc,,,,,,,,,i was very lucky that i found this site before i took the plunge into the murky world of indian property purchasing,,,,as a result i never purchased,,,the show also pointed out that lots of non goan indians are buying up huge chunks of goa and that banning foreign nationals would not actually make a lot of difference,anyway i thought that someone on here might appreciate my post,,try and listen again on the bbc site,,,radio 4 23/05/08
be lucky
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: bbc radio 4/goa property market

You and Yours was the name of the programme and there is a thread of this name on the forum.
Old May 24th 2008, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by renegade
hi,for those interested,i was listening to radio 4 today on my way to somerset and to my amazement there was a big discussion on the indian property market,in particular foreign nationals purchasing property,i think on the bbc web-site there is a listen again service,so maybe you can listen back to the whole show,,they were basically saying that it is totally illegal for a foreign national to purchase property in goa,,same as what douglas has been saying for a long time and others on this forum,it was the first time that i have actually heard for myself a minister from india explaining the situation etc etc,,,,,,,,,i was very lucky that i found this site before i took the plunge into the murky world of indian property purchasing,,,,as a result i never purchased,,,the show also pointed out that lots of non goan indians are buying up huge chunks of goa and that banning foreign nationals would not actually make a lot of difference,anyway i thought that someone on here might appreciate my post,,try and listen again on the bbc site,,,radio 4 23/05/08
be lucky
Hi renegade,

I am pleased that you escaped the goa property debacle.( because you did your homework)

I didnt quite say that it is illegal for FNs to purchase property in india, but i have on many occasions said that it is illegal for non resident FNs to transfer immovable property in india. (most FNs are non resident, so its almost the same thing)

Regarding your last blame para, the problems of importing inflation into india and threats to national security are not mainly coming from FNs and the ongoing FN exclusion will make little difference to the outcome of those issues.

However, FNs are a soft target and a gift to politicians and as such are perfectly situated for the authorities to deliver heads on plates to the baying mob.

kind regards
douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 6:56 am
Banned

renegade is on a distinguished road

hi, i didnt realise there was already a thread on here about that show,my mistake,,,,,i havent been on here for ages due to the fact that my goa/house/dream etc etc is no longer possible,,not at the moment anyway,,we have decided that 6 month rental is the way to go,much safer and a lot less hassle,,until maybe the visa length is cut !!!!!
i hope anybody new to this forum will heed the information on here and not take a step into the murky goa property market,,,,,,it still amazes me when i tell people at work and friends of friends who have bought property in goa of the real implications that they will inevitably face they think im crackers,,,,to a certain extent i think im crackers,,,but not crackers enough to take the plunge,,,
take heed of all the wise words on this goa forum and be lucky :
Old May 24th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by renegade
hi, i didnt realise there was already a thread on here about that show,my mistake,,,,,i havent been on here for ages due to the fact that my goa/house/dream etc etc is no longer possible,,not at the moment anyway,,we have decided that 6 month rental is the way to go,much safer and a lot less hassle,,until maybe the visa length is cut !!!!!
i hope anybody new to this forum will heed the information on here and not take a step into the murky goa property market,,,,,,it still amazes me when i tell people at work and friends of friends who have bought property in goa of the real implications that they will inevitably face they think im crackers,,,,to a certain extent i think im crackers,,,but not crackers enough to take the plunge,,,
take heed of all the wise words on this goa forum and be lucky :
Hi again renegade.

Thanks for the feedback.

It sounds like your friends at work are uk resident and therefore cant be simultaneously indian resident (just like some of the unintelligent FNs on here who claim to have access to mps and think because they are uk tax payers and are products of the blame culture that protesting will help them, when all it does is confirm their indian non residence (and non compliance with FEMA)

Direct your friends to this site if you can, you may be able to help the odd one, but its really hard work.

Enjoy what is left of goa. Personally i would rather holiday in iraq.

kind regards
douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Please remember Douglas you were once of these people you so like to call names - ie - unintelligent. Every post of yours is spoiled by the end of it - yesterday "or maybe the subject is just small beer ?" and the sarcastic "regards".
Yes I know you now know what you are talking about but please let us all have a little hope.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emsirrah
Please remember Douglas you were once of these people you so like to call names - ie - unintelligent. Every post of yours is spoiled by the end of it - yesterday "or maybe the subject is just small beer ?" and the sarcastic "regards".
Yes I know you now know what you are talking about but please let us all have a little hope.
Hi emsirrah,

You are reading all sorts of negative stuff into my posts that doesnt exist in my own mind and was never intended to arouse that kind of reaction.

Unintelligent- How else would you describe people who think and act in the same old way and yet expect the outcome to be different?

Regarding the national media, a few disgruntled FNs in a far off holiday destination is small beer, there were recently earthquakes and cyclones and real suffering in the wider world, that quite rightly took priority.

Of course there is hope, i am surely a working example that FNs can survive this exact situation that some of you are now in.

But i didnt survive it by listening to radio 4 and writing to my mp.

I do have high regard for all of you, that why i am involved and choose to sign off in that way.

kind regards
douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Hear,Hear, Emsirrah,yes Douglas was forgetting he was one of the unintelligent ones,you are being downright offensive in the way you are talking about people its called "the pot calling the kettle black" and please also remember there are some of us who are still living here, be it under a cloud, but we have to make the most of it.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Hear,Hear, Emsirrah,yes Douglas was forgetting he was one of the unintelligent ones,you are being downright offensive in the way you are talking about people its called "the pot calling the kettle black" and please also remember there are some of us who are still living here, be it under a cloud, but we have to make the most of it.
Hi poppetjay,

Please read my post again, what i actually said was - just like some of the unintelligent FNs on here who claim to have access to mps and think because they are uk tax payers and are products of the blame culture that protesting will help them, when all it does is confirm their indian non residence (and non compliance with FEMA

You or i, are not and were not in that same category ie uk resident FN taxpayers whinging because the residency criteria in FEMA prohibits them from buying immovable property in india (and by admission, incriminating themselves in the process). How unintelligent is that?

You and i were both indian resident under FEMA (but yet to prove it to the satisfaction of the goan authorities)

kind regards
douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 2:10 pm
Banned

beatlenut is on a distinguished road

Douglas

If you are so fed up with Goa and would prefer to go to Iraq, what are you still doing on this site, why not go to the Malaysia site if this is your new home, everyones fed up with hearing bad things about Goa and your comments make matters worse, we need to live within the laws of the land and moaning aint gonna change whats not in our control, people in Spain and Turkey have lost properties due to building new roads, scame etc and thats not rammed down everyones throat every 5 minutes.
Enjoy live and remember, wherever you lay your hat, thats your home
Old May 24th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beatlenut
Douglas

If you are so fed up with Goa and would prefer to go to Iraq, what are you still doing on this site, why not go to the Malaysia site if this is your new home, everyones fed up with hearing bad things about Goa and your comments make matters worse, we need to live within the laws of the land and moaning aint gonna change whats not in our control, people in Spain and Turkey have lost properties due to building new roads, scame etc and thats not rammed down everyones throat every 5 minutes.
Hi beatlenut,

What is everyone on today?

I was being faceteous about iraq.

My comments dont change the situation in goa one bit , but hopefully they enable people to better understand it(and themselves) and when they can understand it, they can deal with it and when they can deal with it, they arent so angry.

Sometimes people remain angry rather than deal with it and lash out at those around them.

I agree that we need to live within the laws of the land , in this case indian laws, that i appear to have superior knowledge of. So i use that knowledge to help people better understand the property laws and from that understanding, they may find solutions to their own situation.

Douglas isnt doing the moaning, just telling it as it is , mostly for the benefit of the people who are doing the moaning.

I enjoy life to the full and im not angry, unlike most contributors on this site today.

kind regards
douglas
Old May 24th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

river gipsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by beatlenut
Douglas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb8CH...eature=related
Old May 24th 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

there you go again douglas, yes people are angry and some of us have every right to be, it does not stop me living my life to the full,
You may have superior knowledge of the property laws etc but just dont keep rubbing it in our faces that you are more superior than us, at the end of the day the information you post maybe relevent to our different cases and we thank you but we are trying to come up with some different approaches that may or not work , ie bbc radio 4, trevor macdonald, Mps whatever dont keep knocking us down if we dont try we will never know.
Old May 24th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Very Good....I liked that.
Old May 24th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppetjay
there you go again douglas, yes people are angry and some of us have every right to be, it does not stop me living my life to the full,
You may have superior knowledge of the property laws etc but just dont keep rubbing it in our faces that you are more superior than us, at the end of the day the information you post maybe relevent to our different cases and we thank you but we are trying to come up with some different approaches that may or not work , ie bbc radio 4, trevor macdonald, Mps whatever dont keep knocking us down if we dont try we will never know.
Hi poppetjay,

If i let you have the last word, will that diffuse the situation?

kind regards
douglas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.