Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Bars & Restaurants - September

Bars & Restaurants - September

Old Aug 25th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

martin_d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bars & Restaurants - September

Hi all, hope you can help. I'm heading out end of September to North Goa and wondered what bars and restaurants people can recommend that will be open.

Cheers

Martin
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bars & Restaurants - September

End of September is not really the best time to be in Goa - depending on what you want to do - it is coming towards the end of the Monsoon season and getting ready for the tourist season which begins at the end of October/start of November.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by martin_d
Hi all, hope you can help. I'm heading out end of September to North Goa and wondered what bars and restaurants people can recommend that will be open.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,
I know the 'All Spice' restaurant in Arpora is open all year.....im sure the long stayers will know of more.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Cheers

Martin
Teama on the beach road in Candolim may just be open. Flambee on the main Candolim road towards fFort Aguada, and the Travel Bar on the road from Candolim to Callangute.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Martin,
I know the 'All Spice' restaurant in Arpora is open all year.....im sure the long stayers will know of more.
excellent, one of my favourites! I know it's end of monsoon, but fancied seeing Goa without the tourists for a change, so decided to come end September this year
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

In Candolim - Fisherman's Cove, Viva Goa, Shivers and Sunnyside up for definate. Teama and Ruffles also open early. Corin's and Plantain Leaf in Calangute.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

excellent, one of my favourites! I know it's end of monsoon, but fancied seeing Goa without the tourists for a change, so decided to come end September this year
2K from Candolim Amigos under the bridge for the best sea food in Nerul village. Also See You bar/rest for the cheapest Chicken curry. about as local as you can get.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leegrand
2K from Candolim Amigos under the bridge for the best sea food in Nerul village. Also See You bar/rest for the cheapest Chicken curry. about as local as you can get.
where is See You?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:15 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leegrand
and absolutely spotless.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

indiapurple will become famous soon enoughindiapurple will become famous soon enough

One of our favourites is Bhatti Village Bar (or otherwise known as Patricks) in Nerul village....turn left from Candolim at Nerul crossroads. Lovely food, very very clean and cheap.
regards
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiapurple
One of our favourites is Bhatti Village Bar (or otherwise known as Patricks) in Nerul village....turn left from Candolim at Nerul crossroads. Lovely food, very very clean and cheap.
regards
all spice is closed all monsoon and opens mid oct, theres a new Steakhouse opening in Arpora in the next few weeks will keep you posted on the exact date...
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poppetjay
all spice is closed all monsoon and opens mid oct, theres a new Steakhouse opening in Arpora in the next few weeks will keep you posted on the exact date...
New steakhouse.....sounds great!!!!
Is that new shopping complex in Arpora finished yet???
I thought All Spice opened all year? I know the Spice Oven does'nt as the guys return to Manali prior to the monsoon.
Arpora changes every year....hope it does'nt over develop.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
New steakhouse.....sounds great!!!!
Is that new shopping complex in Arpora finished yet???
I thought All Spice opened all year? I know the Spice Oven does'nt as the guys return to Manali prior to the monsoon.
Arpora changes every year....hope it does'nt over develop.
its heading that way!!! new resort next to sun village, and all the land near the new temple facing the river has all been sold 1 lakh area.
new buildings leading up to the hills just past mackies building everywhere, i havent been home for 4 months and i expect i will get a big shock last time i was only away for 10days and they had put fencing up where i used to walk the dog.....
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi.doc is an unknown quantity at this point

Martin to get to See you, travel along the Panjim road from Candolim over the bridge 1st turn off on the right as if going towards Coco Beach at the T junction turn left about a mile on the left. San will be pleased to meet you all his food is good value. Enjoy..
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Cheers everyone, I'm compiling a list to take with me, so anymore will be gratefully received. Did someone not mention a place in Calangute across from the old petrol pump?

Also looking for a scooter to hire, as new as possible. While these are ten a penny in season, does anyone know anyone reliable that could help when I arrive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.