Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:52 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
So the two month rule still applies...
Yes the two month exile is definitely still in place - my mate is in the UK at the moment serving out her exile.

Dread -x
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Yes the two month exile is definitely still in place - my mate is in the UK at the moment serving out her exile.

Dread -x
Yes it still applies, I was locked up and deported when I arrived two days early, at the time I was not aware of the two month rule. Although I flew in Air India no one checked. It was a horrible experience, locked up under armed guard for a night. Even worse they stamped my passbook that I had arrived in the country and had to wait another two months before I could return.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:21 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacksie
Yes it still applies, I was locked up and deported when I arrived two days early, at the time I was not aware of the two month rule. Although I flew in Air India no one checked. It was a horrible experience, locked up under armed guard for a night. Even worse they stamped my passbook that I had arrived in the country and had to wait another two months before I could return.
Thats awful, I'm sure we have all wondered what happened if someone did "slip through the net"

Living in Dubai then Doha, how do you set about getting a visa? Only wondered as the VFS website in UK makes the 60 days out reasonably clear and pretty sure its stamped on your visa from there, too?

Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by johnny five
Thats awful, I'm sure we have all wondered what happened if someone did "slip through the net"

Living in Dubai then Doha, how do you set about getting a visa? Only wondered as the VFS website in UK makes the 60 days out reasonably clear and pretty sure its stamped on your visa from there, too?

I was a resident in Dubai, so could get my visa from the embassy there. ( same here in Doha ) I have heard that you must go to your country of residence to get Indian visas nowadays. Obviously Doha didn't understand the rule about the two month gap between visits. I was only two days short, it was horrible as I was travelling alone at the time. Even worse my mobile didn't work so I could contact no one. Thank God they didn't give me a strip search lol. But they made me out to be such a criminal.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

tarkacreek has a spectacular aura abouttarkacreek has a spectacular aura abouttarkacreek has a spectacular aura about

Abide by the rules or go elsewhere simple, this rule is here to stay get used to it, India does not want tourists and has done all it can to curtail tourists other than declare India a none democratic state, which it is in Kashmir.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

I always abide by the rules, at the time I was completely unaware the rules had changed. I flew in air India so one would have thought they would have checked my last exit date. I flew over to pay for an emergency operation for a local friend of mine, who had cancer. I must admit they did give me the choice stay locked up under armed guard for the two days, or leave. Hard decision....... Funnily I thought it best to leave!! The cell had a bed without any covers etc, and the toilet door was missing. The police kept the main cell door open, and two officers sat outside with guns. No food or water, for 8 hours, and a policeman trying it on with me. Interrogation lasted 4 of the 8 hours, wow that was fun........ Can't wait to have another visit.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tarkacreek
Abide by the rules or go elsewhere simple, this rule is here to stay get used to it, India does not want tourists and has done all it can to curtail tourists other than declare India a none democratic state, which it is in Kashmir.
Really? Why then does India have a Minister of Tourism and spend millions of pounds, euros, dollars and roubles each year promoting ''Incredible India''. Further as a post the above could not be more wrong or indeed offensive.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:16 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Really? Why then does India have a Minister of Tourism and spend millions of pounds, euros, dollars and roubles each year promoting ''Incredible India''. Further as a post the above could not be more wrong or indeed offensive.
Incredible India, what a joke.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Agreed very offensive.
India is incredible, that's for sure. They come up with new laws, that they even post date. Most of us mere mortals just cannot keep up with all the changes. I would love to leave India, sadly we are not allowed to sell up. Given the choice I would gladly put our money elsewhere, and live stress free, in peace.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacksie
Agreed very offensive.
India is incredible, that's for sure. They come up with new laws, that they even post date. Most of us mere mortals just cannot keep up with all the changes. I would love to leave India, sadly we are not allowed to sell up. Given the choice I would gladly put our money elsewhere, and live stress free, in peace.
I thought you said you lived in Doha?
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

I do live in Doha, but I supposedly own a house in Goa. Which we cannot sell. I lived in India for 7 years and bought the house then. Our lives have changed and I would just love to be able to sell up, and move on. Wishful thinking lol.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:06 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
I thought you said you lived in Doha?
You know, there are places you say you "live" but don't......... and there are places you don't live, but say you do.

And there are places that you go to on sort of extended holidays and pretend you live due to doing it for a long time?

None of this applies to Jacksie, who quite frankly has had a much harder time at the hands of the @rseholes in charge in Z-o-S than most of the pretend ex-pats on here, and certainly doesn't deserve the third degree interrogation she/he is getting here?

Is this the way newly discovered sufferers are treated?

If you had read previous posts it would all be (reasonably) clear?

Last edited by johnny five; Jul 18th 2012 at 6:11 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

You know, there are places you say you "live" but don't......... and there are places you don't live, but say you do.

And there are places that you go to on sort of extended holidays and pretend you live due to doing it for a long time?

None of this applies to Jacksie, who quite frankly has had a much harder time at the hands of the @rseholes in charge in Z-o-S than most of the pretend ex-pats on here, and certainly doesn't deserve the third degree interrogation she/he is getting here?

Is this the way newly discovered sufferers are treated?

If you had read previous posts it would all be (reasonably) clear?

Thanks for the info J5.

Jacksie had said "I would love to leave India". I thought from her posts she already had. So enquired. Hardly third degree.

After all you left and still post.

I hope she can soon sell her house,; there should be a way to do a deal.
(Plenty of 'black money' around)
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bipat
Thanks for the info J5.

Jacksie had said "I would love to leave India". I thought from her posts she already had. So enquired. Hardly third degree.

After all you left and still post.

I hope she can soon sell her house,; there should be a way to do a deal.
(Plenty of 'black money' around)
You are welcome dear.

But with the black money suggestion, are you suggesting illegalities?

Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are welcome dear.

But with the black money suggestion, are you suggesting illegalities?

No just the way it is dear, depends on the proportion.

I am sure Jacksie knows all about it if she has lived in India for 7 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.