Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:22 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice
Default 2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

This last season met a couple from Europe on a tourist visa, who had been over to Sri Lanka for 1 month, no prior permission etc, when i asked them if they had any problem at immigration, they asked me why, as they never even knew of this rule, they had no problem.
The almost same story from a Korean girl, who had been to Nepal.
I know the 2 month out rule is still inforce, but maybe its been relaxed??.
Good luck, we can only hope.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

Originally Posted by stevebenaulim
This last season met a couple from Europe on a tourist visa, who had been over to Sri Lanka for 1 month, no prior permission etc, when i asked them if they had any problem at immigration, they asked me why, as they never even knew of this rule, they had no problem.
Perhaps they had itineraries!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:27 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by msj5
Perhaps they had itineraries!!!!
No, they never knew of this 2 month out rule.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

They had been on side trips to neighbouring countries and so are eligible for re-entry at the discretion of immigration. This has been so since Day 1 of the two-month rule (well just after).

(If they were unaware of the 2-month rule they didn't read their visas!)

AndyD
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

No its not been relaxed and is still in force. Individual cases are at the discretion of the Immigration Officer but they check before you board the plane. Everyone has a slightly different story here but there has been nothing officially announced....lets hope it is soon.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

wkdkev is an unknown quantity at this point

What about crossing the border on foot, from Nepal to India? I have to leave very soon, & spending 2 months out will a major Financial problem, I was going to go to Nepal by train, bus & cycle rickshaw, so I would be on foot when I finally cross borders, going & coming, wkdkev.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wkdkev
What about crossing the border on foot, from Nepal to India? I have to leave very soon, & spending 2 months out will a major Financial problem, I was going to go to Nepal by train, bus & cycle rickshaw, so I would be on foot when I finally cross borders, going & coming, wkdkev.
Give it a go and let us know how you get on..good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:50 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

I would very much expect that if and when the two month rule is relaxed the word would be out very quickly

Dread - x
Old Apr 4th 2012, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

leegrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wkdkev
Pals on mine drove there n back, back roads, paid the guy rs500.00.
the way i look at it... its another story to tell.. good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:39 am
Banned

We can live in hope,, what a stupid rule it is.
Savage-
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

We can live in hope,, what a stupid rule it is.
Savage-
have any of you nice people spent any time in Malasia, could do a month of it there, and a month in Nepal.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leegrand
have any of you nice people spent any time in Malasia, could do a month of it there, and a month in Nepal.
True enough but costly. Some people have to leave for two months and for that its the cheapest option that rules. We have just had to leave for the 180days and went to Dubai for a few days as that was direct flight there and easy and with Air India not too expensive for just a stamp in our passports!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
True enough but costly. Some people have to leave for two months and for that its the cheapest option that rules. We have just had to leave for the 180days and went to Dubai for a few days as that was direct flight there and easy and with Air India not too expensive for just a stamp in our passports!
You only went for a few days? is that because your visa is business? mine is tourist.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leegrand
You only went for a few days? is that because your visa is business? mine is tourist.
Yes we are on a one year Business Visa and we can come and go as we jolly well please..why dont you try for a BV?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:13 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Yes we are on a one year Business Visa and we can come and go as we jolly well please..why dont you try for a BV?
I am recently told that the business visa requirements are changing at some point in the future - apparently to obtain a B visa you will be required to show payment of a minimal amount of tax from business earnings of your Indian company in India, or in the case of B visas issued for business on behalf of a foreign company , show proof of transactive business dealings of said company in India - (dealings of a financial nature apparently).
This came from a generally reliable lawyer source in Goa.
No dates given but told it will happen 'soon' - whatever 'soon' may mean in India !!

Anyone else aware of this?

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.