Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Oktoberfest 2010

Oktoberfest 2010

Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:42 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oktoberfest 2010

Hi all .... I have been given the task of arranging for my boss and eleven friends to attend Oktoberfest 2010.

The last time I was there was about 20 years ago so my knowledge is completely out of date

Just wondered if anyone could give me any pointers specifically on:

Would it be better to book a package tour? Would prefer not to but if it would be easier ..
Any great hotel recommendations?
Is the Passion Play worth seeing?
Which are the best tents?
Anything else???

Appreciate that answers to some of the above may be a bit subjective but would love to hear thoughts ....

Many thanks! J
Old Sep 11th 2009, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Vinnie Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oktoberfest 2010

Hi J,
I just booked a package tour... I know... I know... But heres why.

I was going to book it all on my own, contacted some hotels back in May they told me to check back around the fest for rates...well I just did that and their rates had gone up 100 euro from what they told me to expect in May. Then to add on to that I saw some news pages talking about how ridiculous it might be to get into the tents with it being the 200th anniversary and all.

So I decided to shop around for a package and found one that was reasonable, included tent reservations and all but not the "been there done that tours"...know what I mean. So if I was you...and I was last week... I would check these out and save yourself the nightmare.. Solstinox

As for the passion play, my Grandma said it was " Hard seats, all in german, very long...and hard seats." But hey...it only happens once every ten years.

Hope this helps.
VJ
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:13 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Vinnie - thanks so much I was beginning to think that nobody went!!

I will take a look a the link you provided and I'm thinking as it's such a large group I may have to go through a package tour although I really do prefer to do these types of bookings myself - not sure why really as it's usually bloody hard work

Thanks again, J
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Vinnie Jones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jingle,

I really thought you might have some more responses by now. I have done some more looking around and haven't found anyone else offering anything like what they are.
I found one site selling reservations to tents(Empire Tickets)... It is ridiculously priced...for an afternoon seat they want $225..what a joke, thats a damn expensive beer and chicken. Way to much money for me, they wanted $500 for an evening seat. Thats what I paid for my hotel and all from solstinox.

I'm really happy with the choice I made now. let me know what you end up doing.

Happy hunting.
VJ