Reload this Page >

Moving to Germany Giessen area

Moving to Germany Giessen area

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

nicholascot123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Moving to Germany Giessen area

HELP!!!!

My husband has accepted a job with a contract company in giessen in germany, I have 3 children and I want to join him. It is working on a us army barrack and he will have access to the base. I on the other hand will not! Does anyone know what its like, where I could live in a nice area, which english speaking schools are around . I am clueless.

I am going over on saturday and staying without any transport whilst hes at work for 2 weeks to try to source schools and housing.

Help me anyone, even if its just to say which shops are good in germany. i can only say YA.
Many thanx

nichola the desperate!!!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Brian & Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Germany Giessen area

Originally posted by nicholascot123
HELP!!!!

My husband has accepted a job with a contract company in giessen in germany, I have 3 children and I want to join him. It is working on a us army barrack and he will have access to the base. I on the other hand will not! Does anyone know what its like, where I could live in a nice area, which english speaking schools are around . I am clueless.

I am going over on saturday and staying without any transport whilst hes at work for 2 weeks to try to source schools and housing.

Help me anyone, even if its just to say which shops are good in germany. i can only say YA.
Many thanx

nichola the desperate!!!
Giessen is a lovely area of Germany, the US Forces base there is chock full of facilities and shops - if he's allowed in them. Good excuse for you not to do the shopping if he is!! As far as schools go, the forces have their own English-speaking schools but if you aren't allowed into the camp then I doubt very much wether you will be able to use them for your kids either. I'm afraid I can't tell you much about life outside the 'fence' as far as English speaking things go, but Germany is a wonderful place to live and experience and I am sure you will have a really great time. Good Luck!